What do you think happens after we die?

Had another death in my family, since oct my cousin, my dad and now my sister.

I feel like I am losing my mind the pain so excruciating. I can hardly take it.

I feel like Im walking in a dream. Nothing feels real.

I'm sorry to hear of your losses drifter.

Thanks, I feel like Im going to lose my mind. I see people smiling, doing there daily routines and I want to leave my own skin, my heart hurts I feel all alone.

Had another death in my family, since oct my cousin, my dad and now my sister.

I feel like I am losing my mind the pain so excruciating. I can hardly take it.

I feel like Im walking in a dream. Nothing feels real.

Take my advice and work through your pain as quickly as possible. If there is one lesson to take from all of the death and loss of the past few months it is that you do not know how little time you have left. Please free yourself to live whatever time you have left as openly and enjoyably as possible.

One of my relatives was running down my sister verbally (my sister had a drinking problem) I could hardly take it. She just died and it felt like my relative was stabbing me in the heart just relentless.

I got into a fight with them and the family kicked me out now Im in a hotel in philly.

I don;t think I can forgive them ever !

Do you have a religious belief about death?

If you are not religious do you still think we exist in a different form after we die here?

Are you afraid of death?

Do you think loved ones can still communicate after death or do they just move onto another plane of existence, or just dead?

What's the point of living if we just die.

The first four questions are moot. What is the point of mortality? . It is imposed upon us with out our permission before our birth. We haven't a choice. Anyone here chose to be born, or their sexuality, race, their religion or their IQ? When I say it is imposed on us, I mean it is random and impersonal. None of us can say if there is a transcendent meaning because none of us has transcended this mortal coil and have proof. The point of this board is we debate the improvable.

Could that thought be extrapolated to say that had your parents never met, you would have been born to others?

I tend to think that my software is just as much a product of my parents 'knowing' :wink_2: each other as my hardware.

Could that thought be extrapolated to say that had your parents never met, you would have been born to others?

I tend to think that my software is just as much a product of my parents 'knowing' :wink_2: each other as my hardware.

Here's the deal. "We" are software. So is "God".

Seriously, human souls are a new kind of lifeform. We exist as on 'top' of these monkey bodies we inhabit, but our 'selves', are conscious souls, are essentially self-aware information systems. And the gods that we dream up and share amongst our fellow self-aware software systems are just as real as we are.

Grok that!

One of my relatives was running down my sister verbally (my sister had a drinking problem) I could hardly take it. She just died and it felt like my relative was stabbing me in the heart just relentless.

I got into a fight with them and the family kicked me out now Im in a hotel in philly.

I don;t think I can forgive them ever !

Damn that is rough. I'm in Philly. If you need help, company, whatever - let me know!

If you are not religious do you still think we exist in a different form after we die here?

Are you afraid of death?

Do you think loved ones can still communicate after death or do they just move onto another plane of existence, or just dead?

Questions pondered since the dawn of humanity.
My views(beliefs)...
Not religious as far as organized religion, but do have some spiritual beliefs taken from a variety of religions. My hope is that there is some plane of existence after we leave this world. It would be a shame if our memories and perspectives about what we observed during life wasn't somehow stored or kept. In a sense everything recycles in the universe right down to the atomic level, why not our memories?

I only fear a bad(senseless) or suffering death.

As far as the point in living, I enjoy life regardless of whether times are good or bad. Even if our existence is just a random event I still see it as a gift.

No one has the answers, but everyone has a belief system including Atheists. The view that you just die and there is nothing after life, IS a belief as none of us really know.

Are you afraid of death?

There is none. If you have any cool stuff, property(waterfront preffered) or money not assigned to anyone in particular I would be honored to take good care of these things in your absence. PM me and I'll help you make the transfer arrangements.

Are you afraid of death?

There is none. If you have any cool stuff, property(waterfront preffered) or money not assigned to anyone in particular I would be honored to take good care of these things in your absence. PM me and I'll help you make the transfer arrangements.

It was just a philosophical question, but given that I lost my cousin in oct, my dad in jan and my sister just two weeks ago the thread is just painful to read now.

Forum List

Back