What do you think about this?

Dalestoltz

Rookie
Jul 28, 2009
This idea (proposal) is for cutting cost and providing better care for Medicare and Medicaid recipients. I see this idea benefiting those of us outside Medicare, Medicaid by creating competition, maybe stabilizing and possible lowering our tax rate in the future. Limiting liability claims a must. I believe they call it Tort Reform.

We have (We the people) Social Security Offices, Welfare offices……
I propose we build our own Medicare, Medicaid, Hospitals for our Medicare, Medicaid recipients in each and every County, Parrish, and District. All medical records networked from one Medicare, Medicaid Hospital to the next.
There are about 3114 Counties Parishes, Districts ect….. in the United States.

If we could build a forty five bed 15,000 square foot Medicare, Medicaid Hospital at 200 dollars a square foot. It would cost three million dollars for one Hospital. Add say 500,000 for the property and soft costs. Now add another three million to complete it. It has cost us Six and a half million dollars for our hospital. Should be enough there to have an ambulance, and computers to boot. If our Medicare, Medicaid hospital with 45 beds comes in at six and a half million dollars. We could build a Medicare, Medicaid Hospital in every county, parish, district in the entire United States for 20,241,000,000 Lets call it Twenty One Billion with the leg work. One architect, one low cost design.
Now some counties will have more population than others. I’m aware of that. So for fun let’s double the number of Medicare Medicaid Hospitals and spread it out later. We now have 30,000 Square foot and ninety beds per county. Cost to build, Forty Two Billion Dollars. Perhaps we could use some of that Stimulus Money for construction and set this up. It would put a few people to work, even for just a short time in every county, parish, and district.

Now I don’t know what the true average cost for nightly care in a public hospital or what we might be paying for it is. But I know this. If we saved 415 dollars, per day, per patient, per room with our Medicare, Medicaid Hospital we would save us 42,452,383,500. That’s Forty Two Billion paying for itself in one year.
Double these numbers again if you like in order to get where we need to be.
We could have our own diagnostic equipment and pharmacy right there in our own Medicare, Medicaid Hospital. No more paying two, three times the cost for medication.

Now lets build our own manufacturing plant in say Michigan? We build our own Hospital Beds, Wheel Chairs, Walkers, ect. We now ship them to our Medicare, Medicaid Hospital to distribute, and be returned when no longer needed. We just did away with rental costs and who knows how much fraud.

Now about staffing the thing. How many I wonder have the gifted IQ to become a physician and not the funds. My idea would be to give free education along with room and board. Same goes for the nurses. You can quit us to go to work elsewhere only with all educational and boarding moneys up front, in full, and with interest. For now we staff it best we can.

What our hospital can’t take care of could be outsourced. The out source could log in and upload the medical records and bill to the local Medicare, Medicaid Hospital for review and payment. Once approved the Local Medicare, Medicaide Hospital could pass it on to the peoples big check book office.

All in all Medicare, Medicaid Reform can be had here. No telling how much money could be saved. Records kept on all patients at all Medicare, Medicaid Hospitals. Now think dialysis and nursing homes.

When you own the store the goods come at cost.

Dale Stoltz
Jacksonville Texas.
American.

The whole "we need to create competition" argument is a big fat blop of red herring shit. You know why? Medicare is simply what we call the funds which are PAID TO A HUGE ASSORTMENT OF INSURANCE COMPANIES for coverage. The competition is already there.

The whole "we need to create competition" argument is a big fat blop of red herring shit. You know why? Medicare is simply what we call the funds which are PAID TO A HUGE ASSORTMENT OF INSURANCE COMPANIES for coverage. The competition is already there.

I did not ask for insults. Just what you think. Next.

This idea (proposal) is for cutting cost and providing better care for Medicare and Medicaid recipients. I see this idea benefiting those of us outside Medicare, Medicaid by creating competition, maybe stabilizing and possible lowering our tax rate in the future. Limiting liability claims a must. I believe they call it Tort Reform.

We have (We the people) Social Security Offices, Welfare offices……
I propose we build our own Medicare, Medicaid, Hospitals for our Medicare, Medicaid recipients in each and every County, Parrish, and District. All medical records networked from one Medicare, Medicaid Hospital to the next.
There are about 3114 Counties Parishes, Districts ect….. in the United States.

If we could build a forty five bed 15,000 square foot Medicare, Medicaid Hospital at 200 dollars a square foot. It would cost three million dollars for one Hospital. Add say 500,000 for the property and soft costs. Now add another three million to complete it. It has cost us Six and a half million dollars for our hospital. Should be enough there to have an ambulance, and computers to boot. If our Medicare, Medicaid hospital with 45 beds comes in at six and a half million dollars. We could build a Medicare, Medicaid Hospital in every county, parish, district in the entire United States for 20,241,000,000 Lets call it Twenty One Billion with the leg work. One architect, one low cost design.
Now some counties will have more population than others. I’m aware of that. So for fun let’s double the number of Medicare Medicaid Hospitals and spread it out later. We now have 30,000 Square foot and ninety beds per county. Cost to build, Forty Two Billion Dollars. Perhaps we could use some of that Stimulus Money for construction and set this up. It would put a few people to work, even for just a short time in every county, parish, and district.

Now I don’t know what the true average cost for nightly care in a public hospital or what we might be paying for it is. But I know this. If we saved 415 dollars, per day, per patient, per room with our Medicare, Medicaid Hospital we would save us 42,452,383,500. That’s Forty Two Billion paying for itself in one year.
Double these numbers again if you like in order to get where we need to be.
We could have our own diagnostic equipment and pharmacy right there in our own Medicare, Medicaid Hospital. No more paying two, three times the cost for medication.

Now lets build our own manufacturing plant in say Michigan? We build our own Hospital Beds, Wheel Chairs, Walkers, ect. We now ship them to our Medicare, Medicaid Hospital to distribute, and be returned when no longer needed. We just did away with rental costs and who knows how much fraud.

Now about staffing the thing. How many I wonder have the gifted IQ to become a physician and not the funds. My idea would be to give free education along with room and board. Same goes for the nurses. You can quit us to go to work elsewhere only with all educational and boarding moneys up front, in full, and with interest. For now we staff it best we can.

What our hospital can’t take care of could be outsourced. The out source could log in and upload the medical records and bill to the local Medicare, Medicaid Hospital for review and payment. Once approved the Local Medicare, Medicaide Hospital could pass it on to the peoples big check book office.

All in all Medicare, Medicaid Reform can be had here. No telling how much money could be saved. Records kept on all patients at all Medicare, Medicaid Hospitals. Now think dialysis and nursing homes.

When you own the store the goods come at cost.

Dale Stoltz
Jacksonville Texas.
American.

No.

Just want to clarify this is only for Medicare Medicaide social programs already in place.
Thanks.

That's what I think. If I were to insult you, I would say you are a big fat blop of red herring shit. See the difference?

Once again, the competition is there. The false premise that we need the government to step in and create competition is just that...a false premise, i.e., a lie.

I don't want any more goverment control than you do.
I was just thinking about saving and improving upon the social programs we waste so much money on now.
I guess I thought you were being insulting by insulting the idea itself. You see a problem with it I'm good with that. That's what I'm looking for.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I like that. "I didn't ask for what you think. I asked for what you think (defined as "how smart do you agree that I am?)"

I think your entire post was a pile of steaming horse apples, although I got quite a good laugh out of "each hospital would cost three million dollars". Until that point, I had thought you were talking about real, people hospitals, not veterinary clinics. Whose ass did you get your ridiculous figures out of? And this is leaving aside the overarching fact that lack of facilities and lack of GOVERNMENT-RUN facilities in specific is not the problem with American healthcare and never has been.

I could go on and on, but frankly, it would just serve to dignify this foolishness by pretending it deserves point-by-point rebuttal.

That's six and a half million dollars . I got my info on line.
No need for you to reply. Your just an unhappy person.

We're stupid, insulting and unhappy if we don't agree, in other words.

More free clinics are a good idea. Bush was great at implementing them, particularly in rural areas where people have no medical care available to them without traveling hundreds of miles.

Yes, I can see that you say, "It would cost three million for one hospital, and then add on all this other stuff." What, precisely, you think costs three million dollars for one hospital I have no idea, but it frankly doesn't matter. Three million or six and a half million, they're still naive to the point of criminal stupidity. You clearly have no idea what building costs are, let alone the costs of even basic medical equipment. As for "I got them online", I could find you five places online that swear to the validity of alien abduction, complete with pictures and testimonials. "Online" tells me you're a dumbass who believes whatever you're told, and now you're ashamed to source your nonsense and show everyone how gullible you really were.

By the way, don't say, "What do you think?" if, when you're told what we think, you plan to respond with, "Oh, you don't think I'm brilliant, so just shut up. You're mean. You're a bad person. Only those who agree I'm a bloody genius should talk. Waaahhh!!!" You asked what I think, and what I thought was that you sounded moronic. NOW what I think is that you sound moronic and whining.

We're stupid, insulting and unhappy if we don't agree, in other words.

More free clinics are a good idea. Bush was great at implementing them, particularly in rural areas where people have no medical care available to them without traveling hundreds of miles.

You might be able to manage an outpatient clinic for the figures he's talking about, as long as it was basic general medicine. They would still have to outsource for everything beyond "Turn your head and cough", and he's talking about actual, inpatient hospitals.

I fail to see why anyone would think the problem with Medicare and Medicaid is that lack of medical facilities to take their patients, and what we really need is more government-run hospitals to specialize in government-paid-for patients.

My fellow American. I did not call you stupid. But you are responding in an insulting manor. You commented before reading or you would have know it's only a 45 bed hospital for people only on Medicare and Medicaid at a cost of six and a half million. Not three.
This is just a number thrown out there from estimates I found on line. The compitition comes not from the hospital but from the number of new doctors we could educate. Last I heard we have to few doctors and nurses. Right?

In my hometown the old Elmhurst Memorial Hospital is being replaced. Mind you, it serves for the most part a 25 mile radius. Higher level hospitals fall within that: Loyola Medical Center, University of Chicago Hospitals, Northwestern University Hospitals, University of Illinois Hospitals, plus a whole bunch of private and country facilities:

McGraw-Hill Construction – Midwest Construction -- Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin

...The Windy City had 204 total starts in health care, ranging from alterations to medical and dental clinics costing in the thousands of dollars to the $1-billion Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago in the city’s Streeterville area. Chicago had three of the 10 biggest individual starts nationwide, comprising the $617-million Inpatient Care Facility at Rush University Medical Center on the city’s West Side and the $450-million replacement Elmhurst Memorial Hospital in the western suburb, in addition to Children’s....

Just want to clarify this is only for Medicare Medicaide social programs already in place.
Thanks.
There are some people on this board that no matter what you say they will have a smart a$$ answer.

Last edited:
No doubt about it. How many square feet? How many beds? Does it have a plush lobby?
As I said. If need be double the numbers I have givin.

Somebody has to tell me why the low down skunks called democrats voted NO on the Heller Amendment, and then they have to tell me why it is fair for hard working FEDERAL INCOME TAX PAYING Americans to pay for health care for 12-20 illegal aliens then come ask me about social security and medicare.. until then don't try to feed us no more bullshit.

My fellow American. I did not call you stupid. But you are responding in an insulting manor. You commented before reading or you would have know it's only a 45 bed hospital for people only on Medicare and Medicaid at a cost of six and a half million. Not three.
This is just a number thrown out there from estimates I found on line. The compitition comes not from the hospital but from the number of new doctors we could educate. Last I heard we have to few doctors and nurses. Right?

Sorry, but no. I read what you said, which was both three million and six and a half million. As I said, either is insanely naive, so it really doesn't matter which figure originally made me laugh my ass off.

Yes, I can see that it's "just a number thrown out there". The fact that it bears no relation to reality makes that obvious. And I have no idea who told you that we had too few doctors and nurses, or gave you the odd notion that building government-run hospitals for Medicare and Medicaid patients would somehow increase the number of such being educated.

I am now convinced that you know as little about Medicare and Medicaid, and the production of new doctors and nurses, as you do about the cost of building a new hospital.

I know my mother just past away. I was her care giver for five years. I know the rented hospital bed and wheel chair we rented cost you 10,000 dollars. I know several times tests and cat scans were run over and over again because of not having proper medical records. You paid for that to. I know you paid full price for all the services she received. I know I played general contractor for myself on two stores. One furniture store and one appliance store. I know I'm smart enough to do all my own financing as I am a registered creditor with the finance commisiion here in Austin. Numbers may be way off. I spent a whole day coming up with this idea. Holes in it sure. Search: How much does it cost to build a hopsital. A C. T. Machine can be had for 300.000 dollars. An Ambulance can be had for the same. E.K G Machines are cheap. Are you not tired of paying full price for medications, tests, room stays ect. You want to give your charitable money to someone who is charging you and arm and a leg. At least I can speak for myself and not have to quote someone elses wise saying to get my point across. I'm about tired of your condinsending language. Grow up.

Forum List

Back