What do you think about this policy this restaurant decided to implement

Jitss617

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2019
DE4368F4-F51A-4F8C-993F-5BC8D5F29D36.jpeg
Basically If you don’t want to read they attach a 3% fee to each check to pay for the back of the house. (Cooks, prep etc..)

I won’t give my opinion yet but was wondering what do you think?

good bad?

Last edited:
View attachment 295796 Basically If you don’t want to read they attach a 3% fee to each check to pay for the back of the house. (Cooks, prep etc..)

I won’t give my opinion yet but was wondering do you think?

good bad?

Just up their prices by 3% and be done with it...

Stupid damn gimmicks and the owner is most likely not giving all that 3% to the back staff...

• Banned
View attachment 295797
View attachment 295796 Basically If you don’t want to read they attach a 3% fee to each check to pay for the back of the house. (Cooks, prep etc..)

good bad?

Stupid damn gimmicks and the owner is most likely not giving all that 3% to the back staff...

To their employees which mean managers to bus boys...

Just raise the prices and be done with it...

good bad?

I only like it, because it explains to left-wingers how their policies affect the economy.

Everything in there, explains the problem of how things work.

Employers have costs. Those costs have to come from consumers. When you increase the cost of labor, you increase the cost to the consumer.

All costs are passed onto consumers.

Now, it is true that this is a gimmick. It is a gimmick. The store wants to increase cost, while avoid losing customers. So they are trying to smooth over the price hike, by saying "it's going to employees". Which is entirely true... there is nothing significant about just raising prices by 3%, or having a 3% admin fee.

The difference is, they are able to leave the prices on the menu the same, and still charge more. So customers don't see higher prices, and go elsewhere.

Regardless, I still like it. I like the fact it points out how economics works. Everyone claims they want workers to earn more money, but in reality, they don't want to pay for it.

The left-wing idiocy, has convinced the most economically illiterate in our country, that we can jack up wages, and magically have no increase in cost.

Simply pay everyone the same, wait for the cooks and other staff to quit and re-open it as a Taco Bell... where everyone gets the same wage.

sad-teen-food-server.jpg

good bad?

I only like it, because it explains to left-wingers how their policies affect the economy.

Employers have costs. Those costs have to come from consumers. When you increase the cost of labor, you increase the cost to the consumer.

Now, it is true that this is a gimmick. It is a gimmick. The store wants to increase cost, while avoid losing customers. So they are trying to smooth over the price hike, by saying "it's going to employees". Which is entirely true... there is nothing significant about just raising prices by 3%, or having a 3% admin fee.

The difference is, they are able to leave the prices on the menu the same, and still charge more. So customers don't see higher prices, and go elsewhere.

Regardless, I still like it. I like the fact it points out how economics works. Everyone claims they want workers to earn more money, but in reality, they don't want to pay for it.

The left-wing idiocy, has convinced the most economically illiterate in our country, that we can jack up wages, and magically have no increase in cost.

I understand all that but to me just raise the prices.

The Waitstaff used to pay the Bus Boy out of their tips, but I do not know if that is the case anymore...

Dishwashers shouldn't be paid more than minimum wage but cooks should be paid according to level of experience and their running of the kitchen...

Restaurant patron ... "Well, they've already included a 'Service Charge' in the bill, so I don't have to tip."

Now the servers get even less while the gap between cooks and servers gets even wider.

Sounds like a GREAT idea.

• Banned

good bad?

Why not just say hey we hired all illegals in the kitchen they will take almost nothing to work, but we think they deserve to be paid this amount.. because we love illegals

good bad?
I like it. I'm always been very generous in my tipping, especially if the service is good. Some of these workers DO depend on tips for the bulk of the money they make. I normally tip at least 20% if the service is good, 25% if it's really good. Of my liberal friends, past and present, I never saw ANY of them tip over 20%.

good bad?

I understand all that but to me just raise the prices.

The Waitstaff used to pay the Bus Boy out of their tips, but I do not know if that is the case anymore...

Dishwashers shouldn't be paid more than minimum wage but cooks should be paid according to level of experience and their running of the kitchen...
We still tip busser , food runners, bar, and coffee.

good bad?
I like it. I'm always been very generous in my tipping, especially if the service is good. Some of these workers DO depend on tips for the bulk of the money they make. I normally tip at least 20% if the service is good, 25% if it's really good. Of my liberal friends, past and present, I never saw ANY of them tip over 20%.
You are very kind.. BUT what if it’s a restaurant that hires illegals with low wages.. and they are actually helping them by giving them more money. I would pay the 3% if I knew it was going to Americans

I'm probably a monster and worse than Hitler.

But, if the food is good, I don't care if the staff are slaves.

TenderFearfulLemur-size_restricted.gif

good bad?
You are very kind.. BUT what if it’s a restaurant that hires illegals with low wages.. and they are actually helping them by giving them more money. I would pay the 3% if I knew it was going to Americans
I know of only one restaurant/bar here in town that hires illegals. I stopped going there in August of this year.

good bad?
I know of only one restaurant/bar here in town that hires illegals. I stopped going there in August of this year.
In Boston 100% of the back of the house are illegals, it’s why democrats get away with destroying American wages.. it needs to be stopped

good bad?
In Boston 100% of the back of the house are illegals, it’s why democrats get away with destroying American wages.. it needs to be stopped
Sorry to hear that.

Every restaurant I work at I ask the illegal dish washer where he is from and how many houses he has back home ... this one broke the record 6! While Americans struggle here , these so called refugees are using us like toilet paper

Forum List

Back