What Do You Think About the Direction the Human Race is Going?

In What Direction Has the Human Race Gone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only species on the planet (and possibly the entire universe) to have the gift of reason and knowing the difference between right and wrong and yet we choose wrong again and again.

There's no hope for our kind.

None of the Above. It is not "the Human race that will decide what direction that it goes in", but
rather the natural resources that humans need to survive that will dictate the direction the entire civilized world will chose.

It has been forecast that clean drinking water will become harder to obtain for the worlds masses.
Everyday hundreds of millions of people on our Earth do not have access to clean drinking water.
Water is a basic human requirement.

Food will be another item , that will not be available to all people on the Earth.

Certain natural resources, Oil, Iron, wood from trees, that are needed to maintain humans living on the
Earth, will also be in short supply.

It is the availability of these resources, and who has them, and or who does not have them, but wants
them, that will dictate what direction the human race goes to.

Many say there will be wars in the future for "Water" and other naural resources.
We have already experienced a conflict for "Oil" in Iraq recently. I must say there will be more of these
types of Wars in the future.

If this is the case , the future does not look to good.

For the most part I agree with you 52nd Street, but I disagree in that human beings are simply slaves to resources. I think we have the ability to reason and therefore have the potential to control our destiny. We could restrict reproduction, we could discover better ways to transport water and food, better ways to grow food, better ways to obtain electric energy to run our modern technologies or choose not to use them, etc. But I think there are those who own or control those resources in order to obtain wealth from them, and that people as a whole aren't very well educated and so therefore we're screwed.

Just imagine when, in the future, water is $20 a gallon!

None of the Above. It is not "the Human race that will decide what direction that it goes in", but
rather the natural resources that humans need to survive that will dictate the direction the entire civilized world will chose.

It has been forecast that clean drinking water will become harder to obtain for the worlds masses.
Everyday hundreds of millions of people on our Earth do not have access to clean drinking water.
Water is a basic human requirement.

Food will be another item , that will not be available to all people on the Earth.

Certain natural resources, Oil, Iron, wood from trees, that are needed to maintain humans living on the

Earth, will also be in short supply.

It is the availability of these resources, and who has them, and or who does not have them, but wants
them, that will dictate what direction the human race goes to.

Many say there will be wars in the future for "Water" and other naural resources.
We have already experienced a conflict for "Oil" in Iraq recently. I must say there will be more of these
types of Wars in the future.

If this is the case , the future does not look to good.

For the most part I agree with you 52nd Street, but I disagree in that human beings are simply slaves to resources. I think we have the ability to reason and therefore have the potential to control our destiny. We could restrict reproduction, we could discover better ways to transport water and food, better ways to grow food, better ways to obtain electric energy to run our modern technologies or choose not to use them, etc. But I think there are those who own or control those resources in order to obtain wealth from them, and that people as a whole aren't very well educated and so therefore we're screwed.

Just imagine when, in the future, water is $20 a gallon!

Yes, exactly $20 a gallon, this is no joke. There will come a day in the not to distant
future when water will be $20, $30 ,or even $40 , a gallon.!
Or even a loaf of bread could be $20 or $40 dallar a loaf. Orange juice could rise to $60 or maybe even $70 a gallon. These future days I tell you all is not that far off.
Supermarkets may be required to have armed guards with machine guns standing guard.
Food will become a guarded commodity, that people may be shot for trying to steal!!?.
Something for us all to think about.!!
How are we all to prepare for this Future.?!?

I must also say Coloradomountainman, that there will be no reasoning, when you are going to have many millions of starving and thirsty people, looking
for food and clean drinking water.

Last edited:
Food and water supplies are not the issue never have been and never will be. The issues are that man cannot live with his fellow man whilst certain factors exist. Religion, material wealth, power and greed of just a few indiviuduals.

Remove those factors and things will start to improve. Populations tend to increase when wars, famine and pestilence are most active. Developed nations have more stable populations and some have even negative population growth. Its ia a myth that food and water would run out, sort out the real problems and the population will level out and would not increase as it has done over the past several decades.

Food and water supplies are not the issue never have been and never will be. The issues are that man cannot live with his fellow man whilst certain factors exist. Religion, material wealth, power and greed of just a few indiviuduals.

Remove those factors and things will start to improve. Populations tend to increase when wars, famine and pestilence are most active. Developed nations have more stable populations and some have even negative population growth. Its ia a myth that food and water would run out, sort out the real problems and the population will level out and would not increase as it has done over the past several decades.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The only thing you fail to mention is Human Nature, the creative mind, Reality. I sure hope you will be there to guide us though.

With which of the following statements do you most agree based on your opinion and your interpretationof the statements?

A. Since the beginning of recorded human history, the human race has gone only in a positive direction and advanced as a species and civilization.

B. Human civilization has made some progress, but has had many bumps along the way, some of which has set us back decades, maybe even centuries.

C. The human race has changed very little, except now we have more advanced tools instead of just sharpened sticks, bones, and chipped flakes of rocks.

D. The human race has doomed itself because of its ignorance and arrogance.

We're gonna go extinct no matter what we do

With which of the following statements do you most agree based on your opinion and your interpretationof the statements?

A. Since the beginning of recorded human history, the human race has gone only in a positive direction and advanced as a species and civilization.

B. Human civilization has made some progress, but has had many bumps along the way, some of which has set us back decades, maybe even centuries.

Define 'progress'

C. The human race has changed very little, except now we have more advanced tools instead of just sharpened sticks, bones, and chipped flakes of rocks.

that

D. The human race has doomed itself because of its ignorance and arrogance.
we're gonna die anyway, so does it even matter?

Publicprotector, "Food , and clean drinking water are not the real issues", there has been
a three year drouhgt now out in the western United States!, and the state of California has
begun water rationing!.The state of Texas is also experiencing drought!,and your telling me that Water, and or Food will not be an issue.
There were food riots in many third world countries just last year. Please publicprotector
do your research.
Food and clean drinkong water will be the only issues in the future. We just had a war over
oil in Iraq! Whats next a war over clean drinking water?! or good farm land!!?.
Come on wake up and see your futures!! everybody.!!

Forum List

Back