• No thanks, I've got my own health care

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what do i think?

I Think Obama, Michele, his two daughters should exist on 'Obamacare'

then they can let us know just how great it is

~S~

Ummm, they are. They are under government run healthcare. Do you even know what "obamacare"....oh forget it, it's like talking to a brick wall with the geniuses here.

No the President and his family are not under any type of health care that anyone on this board will receive. That's just so ignorant of the facts to even think it.

EXACTLY! Because we aren't under government run healthcare! Unless you're on Medicare/Medicaid. He wanted all of us to be able to get under a single payer government run system, but nope, that was shot down.

And you're certainly right about being ignorant of the facts.

Ummm, they are. They are under government run healthcare. Do you even know what "obamacare"....oh forget it, it's like talking to a brick wall with the geniuses here.

No the President and his family are not under any type of health care that anyone on this board will receive. That's just so ignorant of the facts to even think it.

EXACTLY! Because we aren't under government run healthcare! Unless you're on Medicare/Medicaid. He wanted all of us to be able to get under a single payer government run system, but nope, that was shot down.

Excuse me, But the President has his own personal physician.

In modern times Presidents have used a combination of private and military doctors. The President's personal doctor and several military assistants and nurses form the White House Medical Unit. Their facilities include a medical suite in the White House itself and facilities in the Executive Office Building, where there is also a dental suite.

The President has medical checkups and is treated for illness at Walter Reed Army Hospital or Bethesda Naval Medical Center. When the President travels, a doctor is part of his entourage and an emergency medical unit is available at all times. A blood supply for the President is always available at a local hospital, and an ambulance is often stationed near the most convenient exit from the place where the President is staying.
physician to the President: Information from Answers.com

Now, I have been forced from my Military coverage (TRICARE) onto Medicare with TRICARE as a secondary, and I don't have a personal physician who works in my house, and travels with me. I don't have an ambulance standing by where ever I go. I sit in a waiting room with all the other sick people, I can promise you that none of the Obama's will ever do this.

In modern times Presidents have used a combination of private and military doctors. The President's personal doctor and several military assistants and nurses form the White House Medical Unit. Their facilities include a medical suite in the White House itself and facilities in the Executive Office Building, where there is also a dental suite.

The President has medical checkups and is treated for illness at Walter Reed Army Hospital or Bethesda Naval Medical Center. When the President travels, a doctor is part of his entourage and an emergency medical unit is available at all times. A blood supply for the President is always available at a local hospital, and an ambulance is often stationed near the most convenient exit from the place where the President is staying.

Now, I have been forced from my Military coverage (TRICARE) onto Medicare with TRICARE as a secondary, and I don't have a personal physician who works in my house, and travels with me. I don't have an ambulance standing by where ever I go. I sit in a waiting room with all the other sick people, I can promise you that none of the Obama's will ever do this.

He's the damn president! He shouldn't have his own doctor??? Is THAT the point you're trying to make? That we all should have our own personal doctors with us. He also has his own chef and security. Did past presidents wait in the emergency room for their treatment? What the hell if your point? I doubt you even have one.

A '1099' tax was buried in the 2,000 plus page bill that few failed to read. They've been referred to as '1099 snitch forms'. Private business, including small businesses are projected to lose 17 billion dollars over the next 10 years from this provision alone.
(google 1099 tax, as its' too lengthy to type out)

As a former military man, you must know what RHIP means.

But of course, however this RDD_1210 character was trying to make it seem as though Obamasan was getting the same healthcare as everyone else under his Obamacare plan. We all know better than that.

But of course, however this RDD_1210 character was trying to make it seem as though Obamasan was getting the same healthcare as everyone else under his Obamacare plan. We all know better than that.

My point, which still hasn't changed is that technically Obama is under government run health care. "Obamacare" does not in fact put the rest of us under government run healthcare. Obama wanted everyone to be under a single payer, but republicans blocked that idea. That's my point, but what yours is, is still not clear.

My point, which still hasn't changed is that technically Obama is under government run health care. "Obamacare" does not in fact put the rest of us under government run healthcare. Obama wanted everyone to be under a single payer, but republicans blocked that idea. That's my point, but what yours is, is still not clear.

My point is simple, Obama and family do not have the same health care that I do under a government run health care system.

Federal Employees Health Benefits Program
As soon as members of Congress are sworn in, they may participate in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP). The program offers an assortment of health plans from which to choose, including fee-for-service, point-of-service, and health maintenance organizations (HMOs). In addition, Congress members can also insure their spouses and their dependents.

Not only does Congress get to choose from a wide range of plans, but there’s no waiting period. Unlike many Americans who must struggle against precondition clauses or are even denied coverage because of those preconditions, Senators and Representatives are covered no matter what - effective immediately.

And here’s the best part. The government pays up to 75 percent of the premium. That government, of course, is funded by taxpayers, the same taxpayers who often cannot afford health care themselves.

Read more at Suite101: Health Care for U.S. Congress: Politicians Receive the Country’s Best Care - at Taxpayers' Expense Health Care for U.S. Congress: Politicians Receive the Country?s Best Care - at Taxpayers' Expense

and to think this country was formed by people pissed off that they weren't represented....

~S~

My point is simple, Obama and family do not have the same health care that I do under a government run health care system.

The White House has said he'll participate in an exchange, though I'll admit I don't understand the logistics of that if he's still president in 2014. Post-presidency, sure.

and to think this country was formed by people pissed off that they weren't represented....

Congressmen will no longer have access to the FEHBP (though other federal employees will). But one of the major goals of the insurance reform piece of the law is to make the individual market a little more like the FEHBP. In fact, the body that administers plans through the FEHBP (the Office of Personnel Management), will now be administering multi-state plans that will exist in every state exchange. So if you want to get in on that, you'll be able to in 2014.

Oligarchy Care? Is that it Ollie? The Party Members, the Inner Circle of Government Administrators are more equal than the rest of us? The Special Ones, the Privileged Few, get first pickings? Don't expect much to trickle down. ;)

The White House has said he'll participate in an exchange, though I'll admit I don't understand the logistics of that if he's still president in 2014. Post-presidency, sure.

Congressmen will no longer have access to the FEHBP (though other federal employees will). But one of the major goals of the insurance reform piece of the law is to make the individual market a little more like the FEHBP. In fact, the body that administers plans through the FEHBP (the Office of Personnel Management), will now be administering multi-state plans that will exist in every state exchange. So if you want to get in on that, you'll be able to in 2014.

Obiwan has said many things. Doesn't mean he told the truth.

Obiwan has said many things. Doesn't mean he told the truth.

The truth is Obama does not care.

Forum List

Back