What do you think about Gary Johnson?

I like him. If RP in the Republican Nomination doesn't pan out, he's my vote in the General.

I think if Paul does not get the nod Gary should ask Paul to be his VP... They can destroy the Republican party of Progressives, I'll vote Gary Paul.

So far, I kind of like him, but he is a bit too much to the right for me.

Foreign Policy

I like him, he has a good record, but he needs to be more assertive and market himself better.

True. His organizational skills were completely missing and he needs to learn how not to be so socially awkward.

While I overall support Johnson, he can come off real awkward. Unfortunately, appearance and persona are key elements in national elections and this hurts Johnson tremendously.

Foreign Policy

I like him, he has a good record, but he needs to be more assertive and market himself better.

True. His organizational skills were completely missing and he needs to learn how not to be so socially awkward.

While I overall support Johnson, he can come off real awkward. Unfortunately, appearance and persona are key elements in national elections and this hurts Johnson tremendously.

Yep, good points. It would be great to find someone who is somewhat "charismatic" who espouses the ideas of Paul & Johnson. If they concentrated on low taxes, the economy, an intelligent foreign policy and getting Our Civil Liberties back, I think that they would a LOT of support from many different demographics.

He either pigeonholed himself or got pigeonholed by the media as the pot candidate. As soon as that had become apparent, he should have talked exclusively of other issues.

You can build an attractive platform on one single issue nor let the media control your image and play into their hands.

He either pigeonholed himself or got pigeonholed by the media as the pot candidate. As soon as that had become apparent, he should have talked exclusively of other issues.

You can build an attractive platform on one single issue nor let the media control your image and play into their hands.

huh...I never said he got pigeonholed. Instead, I said that he lacked organizational skills for a national run, along with coming off as socially awkward.

Johnson never got pigeonholed.

I think if Paul does not get the nod Gary should ask Paul to be his VP... They can destroy the Republican party of Progressives, I'll vote Gary Paul.

Ditto. Johnson is a libertarian with proven executive experience.

His record as Governor of New Mexico is second to none, but I won't vote for him regardless of what happens with Ron Paul. He's a military interventionist and I don't see why a supposed libertarian would replace the income tax with a flat tax rather than replacing it with nothing.

Foreign Policy

What do I think of Gary Johnson? Not much and not often.

But here's an interesting thought. Johnson is actually as credible on his professional experience as Romney is. He's just not willing to spend his children's inheritence in order to get the job.

So why does he get no attention and Romney does?

huh...I never said he got pigeonholed. Instead, I said that he lacked organizational skills for a national run, along with coming off as socially awkward.

Johnson never got pigeonholed.

I never said that you said that either:tongue: That was my observation:lol:

Forum List

Back