What Do You Take From This Board?

do you get:

Informed
Good advice
Anger
Joy

What do you get?

Different points of view worth thinking about, thoughts that speak to my own conveyed in a way that I wouldn't have thought of, useful information, and sometimes good advice.
I like the people here, most of them, and its nice to hang out with you all.

do you get:

Informed
Good advice
Anger
Joy

What do you get?

Good question. Insight, I suppose, a peek into the 'souls' and 'minds' of a cross section of (mostly) Americans, many of whom seem ill-informed and make decisions on emotion, not reason.
It's sad to read the posts of those who hold extreme opinions, those whose entire political ideology is based on a foundation of platitudes they've never examined.
So I 'get' a sense of Americana, and it saddens me that so many who post here are so full of hate and fear. We live in a time and place of great possibility, and yet, avarice, bigotry and the desire to censor anyone who posts a perception questioning the prosaic ideas they preceive as significant and original must be shouted down, or dismissed with sarcasm or an idiotgram.

I like the people. Most are kinder than anyone has a right to expect. And of course, great tips on food, family, music and a world of information on Rev. Wright I never would have uncovered elsewise.

that a number of people are not only stupid, but they are proud of it and that this country is eternally screwed due to hyper partisan jackasses who care more about a letter next to someones name than their positions or convictions.

I also learned here that we didn't have any debt until obama and that spending more than the world combined on blowing up and rebuilding other countries is patriotic

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
I take away a sense of fulfillment, satisfaction in knowing I've done my best and accomplished my goals. Pride in knowing my reliability and maturity are highly prized assets.

(Now do I get the damn job or did I just waist good creative writing?)

What do I take from this board?

Absolutely nothing personally.
And pretty much whatever the hell I want.

But mostly it's the views and opinions of others. Stories / headlines that I miss. A sense that this country is more divided then ever.

I think like many in here come in for entertainment as well as just killing time. There are many I find as informative posts, I may reply in many different ways, some stupid, some with satire, some serious, yada yada and yada. Who cares, as long as everyone is having a good time. Some take it too seriously, one has to 'lighten up', when you shut the PC off your back to reality.

For hard core political changes we don't do it in here, it's done 'out there'. Just a lot of opinions, some helpful, some not, some enlightening, some not. :tongue:

Last edited:
I'd be curious to know if anyone has taken a change of heart from these boards. Politically I mean.
We're here day in and day out, spouting our opinions and views. Have YOU ever changed the mind of anyone from the opposite side?

I don't have a "side". I am prolly be predictable to a degree, but I don't see myself as a solid supporter of either side. My friends are like me, for the most part....entrenched in some ways but open to information and ideas.

And yes, I have learned stuff here that has changed my POV on an issue. I think mainly what I learn is that issues are rarely simple and without nuance.

New Topics

Forum List

Back