What do you say when....

Did anybody notice it was the old man with the cane that asked "how are you"? It wasn't Joker. When asked, instead of being RUDE, he replied "fine, and you?". It was then the old man said, "not so good". So it wasn't Joker that started the "how ya do'n" conversation.

Exactly. If you are not doing okay, it's not cool to just go up to someone and ask how they are just so you can bitch to them about how you are. I find that very manipulative.

On the other hand, if Joker had said "how are you" and the other guy said "not so good", I wouldn't mind it as much. But, as it is, the guy seemed like he was looking for sympathy.

I don't really have any situations like this to share. You know what I hate that's sort of like this? When you're greeting someone or saying goodbye and you accidentally respond with the wrong thing.

Example: I'm about to walk out the door to go take a test. My roommate says "good luck". Without thinking about it, I say "you too!" then feel like a total retard. Anybody else do stuff like this?

Dan said:
Exactly. If you are not doing okay, it's not cool to just go up to someone and ask how they are just so you can bitch to them about how you are. I find that very manipulative.

On the other hand, if Joker had said "how are you" and the other guy said "not so good", I wouldn't mind it as much. But, as it is, the guy seemed like he was looking for sympathy.

I don't really have any situations like this to share. You know what I hate that's sort of like this? When you're greeting someone or saying goodbye and you accidentally respond with the wrong thing.

Example: I'm about to walk out the door to go take a test. My roommate says "good luck". Without thinking about it, I say "you too!" then feel like a total retard. Anybody else do stuff like this?

I have a habit of answering "Not Much." when somebody asks "What's up?" this of course gets me to answer the same way when somebody asks "How's it going?" and that makes for an odd silence.

Dan said:

Everytime I check in at the gym and the "checker'n'er" gives me a towel and says, "have a nice work-out" I reply, "you too" which it total lunacy! lol

freeandfun1 said:
Everytime I check in at the gym and the "checker'n'er" gives me a towel and says, "have a nice work-out" I reply, "you too" which it total lunacy! lol
Or have a nice flight
or enjoy your meal
or thank you for calling.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
How about when you call someone AT THEIR HOUSE, and ask
"hey where you at?"

I always hate the "What you doing?" question when I am on the phone. Well, "I am TALKING ON THE PHONE!"

no1tovote4 said:
I always hate the "What you doing?" question when I am on the phone. Well, "I am TALKING ON THE PHONE!"
My wife calls me at the office asks, "where are you?".

Well, to be honest, I have called her at home and asked the same question.... lol

freeandfun1 said:
My wife calls me at the office asks, "where are you?".

Well, to be honest, I have called her at home and asked the same question.... lol
Or the call from home to work just to ask
"what are you doing?"

Well I'm WORKING.......

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Or the call from home to work just to ask
"what are you doing?"

Well I'm WORKING.......

yeah, but you know how wives are. . . they think we never really work, we just hang out at the office all day to get away from them. . . :eek:

Shattered said:
Wow.. You guys are mean... Would it really kill you to just wish someone (even a stranger) well as you walk past, regardless of whatever ulterior motive you *think* they have?
my mommy told me never to talk to strangers
:laugh:

freeandfun1 said:
yeah, but you know how wives are. . . they think we never really work, we just hang out at the office all day to get away from them. . . :eek:

shshshshshsh!!!!

Dangit. Don't give away all the secrets!

Johnney said:
my mommy told me never to talk to strangers
:laugh:

Apparently, mommy forgot to tell you it's not nice to flip them off, either. :fu2:

:D:D:D

Forum List

Back