What do you remember about Sept 11, 2001?

No I didn't, thank goodness. But my son went to flag ceremony with his boy scout troop and I got all weepy seeing him in uniform. That never happened before.

We went to the AC air show a few weeks ago and I did think about it there. There were zillions of cops, firemen, hazmat crews, etc. It looked as if they were expecting something. Thankfully all good.

9/11 did nothing to change my opinion of Muslims. I've trained them, been accepted into their homes, dined with them on several occasions.

They found out that I liked salad. Their diet mostly consisted of boiled goat and vegetables over steamed rice. One day the cook came out with this big bowl of salad that he must have taken an hour to make. For dressing he used lemon juice. It was really good. I hadn't had a salad in weeks and that baby was really good.

Muslims can be really compassionate, but they can also be hot-heads. Some of them are brought up to hate us. Not just your normal hate but the kind where they can't live unless they kill us. I knew exactly why those jets were flying into those buildings the moment I saw it and I saw the second one live.

There's something wrong with a society that has so much good yet so much evil in it. If they hate us we only encourage them with our weakness. The only way they'll respect us is if we show strength. That's the only thing they understand. Middle Eastern countries are old-fashioned macho societies where men are men and for the most part to variant degrees women are half a person. It's the only thing they know. They have too much pride to admit defeat or admit they're wrong. That's the dilemma.

Last edited:
Is this another protected thread? Ohh wait, no You are not a leftist that needs moderators to protect you.

Free fire zone here sarge. As always, friendly fire is discouraged.

With RETARDS for Moderators one can never be sure. But since he only "protects" fellow Liberals I can assume this is safe.

Got kicked off another forum last year by a liberal mod. This place is very reasonable by comparision. I think they had a party on the other one. Literally, some of the members lived in the same town. Held a party.

Free fire zone here sarge. As always, friendly fire is discouraged.

With RETARDS for Moderators one can never be sure. But since he only "protects" fellow Liberals I can assume this is safe.

Got kicked off another forum last year by a liberal mod. This place is very reasonable by comparision. I think they had a party on the other one. Literally, some of the members lived in the same town. Held a party.

I figure you're not worth anything if you've never been kicked off a lib site.

I agree, but they had a party over booting me.

Sorry bout that,

1. I been kicked off many many lib sites!
2. I grade on the nevers of libs to no end!
3. I think it has something to do with my posting style???:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I remember going outside that evening and noticing that no airplanes were flying over...(I live in a flight path)...how silent it was. And being surprised that the moon was still in the sky.

I also live near a major international airport. We were also amazed by how much of our daily background noise was created by the airplanes. Those were days of welcome but erie silence. It was as if most things had just simply shut down.

Last edited:

I just don't bother, but I assume posting that Israel has a right to exist would be enough.

I started smoking again.

I also spoiled my children and fought with my husband about flying.

I always request the lowest floor of a hotel.

I became a news junkie.

And I always curse the terrorists when waiting in security lines at the airport after I take 3 Xanax.

But I still love NY.

are you trying to make yourself look foolish?

I was in my office at out our restaurant going through the 86'ed list and putting together an order list. My barback came up the stairs (we were the only ones there that early in the morning) and said "Chef, ya' need to turn on the TV". I said ''i'm busy". He said "No chef, seriously, ya need to turn on the TV". I said, "I'm Busy. Unless the presidents been shot or Pearl Harbors under attack, i'm busy!"..He said, "Yeah, ya' need to turn on the TV chef".....I turned on the TV and was absolutely floored. 2 minutes later, the second plane hit......I'll never forget it.

pre-9/11 i didn't care about foreieng policy (was only in 9th grade though), post-9/11 I have read as much as I can about our FP and the people we deal with.

I have never been scared about terrorists attacks though and don't even think about it when I am flying. Would rather kill myself than live in fear like a pussy

I started smoking again.

I also spoiled my children and fought with my husband about flying.

I always request the lowest floor of a hotel.

I became a news junkie.

And I always curse the terrorists when waiting in security lines at the airport after I take 3 Xanax.

But I still love NY.
I also became a news junkie.

I had to be in court that morning to identify a woman who'd stolen from our business. My husband and I were both trying to get ready to leave and getting in each other's way, so I went upstairs to another bathroom to dry my hair. The television was on downstairs and when I turned the dryer off, I heard someone say, OMG a plane has hit the WTC. I went downstairs to take a look at the tv and thought it looked like a small plane. I went back to our bathroom and told my husband that a plane had hit the tower and I went back to finish getting ready to go. It wasn't long after that he yelled for me that another plane had hit and we knew it wasn't an accident. I got in the car, turned on the radio and headed for town. I was sitting at a stop light when they announced that the Pentagon had been hit. I recall wondering if I was being stupid by going to a government building ( the courthouse ), when it appeared we were under attack. I went and sat in the courtroom and no one said a word about what was going on outside. After court was finished I got back in my car and heard that the first tower had fallen and they thought the second was going. Casualty estimates were above 30,000. I can still feel the ice cold horror at the thought of 30,000 people dying in those buildings. Thankfully, those estimates were wrong. I went to work and everyone that came in seemed shell shocked. I left work a little early, called my assistant scout leader told him I was cancelling our meeting. I stopped in my driveway and picked up the Tennessean newspaper. It had a picture of George Bush looking dejected over the economy on the front page. I wrapped the paper in plastic to preserve it because I knew the world would never be the same.

If they hate us we only encourage them with our weakness. The only way they'll respect us is if we show strength. That's the only thing they understand. Middle Eastern countries are old-fashioned macho societies where men are men and for the most part to variant degrees women are half a person. It's the only thing they know. They have too much pride to admit defeat or admit they're wrong. That's the dilemma.

That seems to be true of those in the ME, not of most of them here. I have a considerable number of Muslim friends here in the states who are highly educated, cultured, and delightful people.

I never had any negative opinions of Muslims until 9/11, which taught me to be much more vigilant and aware. I think it's a damn shame that a handful of nuts have divided the world so effectively, and is causing our own population to have a deeper divide than we already had politically. But that's the reality that we live in today, so I stay aware, keep alert, and keep in mind that American life has lost much of its innocence. It has not made me fear, but it has made me learn to think more soberly.

Forum List

Back