What do you make with your own two hands?

Very impressive work, everyone.

What have I made? Well, lessee...

In the late 80's I made music:
band 2.jpg

In the late 2000s, I made Photoshops:
orbital diner.jpg

Last Christmas, I made ornaments:
christmas ornaments.jpg

And now, I'm getting into making coin rings:
ring.jpg

My latest origami workshop was last month for a high school assembly in NE Houston. I don't have photos of that, but here are some I dug up, where photos were published in the Houston Chronicle of neighborhood youth in Fourth Ward:

apvat540.gif

Carter1.gif

Not artistic by any means outside of music. But I was getting tired of shoes all around the entrance from our garage, so went out on a mission to make a shoe cubby thing. Looked at pinterest and such, found some really nice looking ones beyond my skill, so went really basic. square with shelves. lol. Didn't want to spend a pile on wood, so went with some sanded pine boards I found and decided to stain them a more cherry color. I don't have the pics here, but it ended up looking better than expected (I HATE and am awful at painting/staining).

Besides that, last thing I've built myself was a few permanent target stands for target shooting, but that was all rough cut stuff.

Now, I'm making a big apartment complex in midtown Sacramento. It takes a whole city block.

Here's an interesting view with the upper southeast corner just catchin the first light of sunrise.

View attachment 262892
I know that place. I lived in Sacramento from 81 to 98. Specifically, in the N. Highlands/Carmicheal region just west of Antelope Blvd.

Wait, did you say mid-town? I don't remember that complex in mid-town. Must be a different one.

I know that place. I lived in Sacramento from 81 to 98. Specifically, in the N. Highlands/Carmicheal region just west of Antelope Blvd.

Wait, did you say mid-town? I don't remember that complex in mid-town. Must be a different one.

It wouldn't have been there in 1981 through 1998. It's just being built, now.

It takes up the entire block bordered by Q, R, 20th, and 21st Streets.

Pictures were asked for, it took a while to dig this oldie up.

I make my own ammo with my own hands. Here is a picture of many 9mm bullets I put together one day a few years back. I still reload but I dot take pictures anymore.
View attachment 159764

Nice wadcutters! Damn! I don't think I even have any of those. :(

Why? They are soooo cheap, and typically pretty dang good. I had a Ruger GP 100 that shot 158 grain wad cutters like a laser beam. Flat ass accurate and pretty hotly loaded. I want to say they were loaded by Privi, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't them. I do remember that buying them by the thousand was cheaper then reloading them as lead projectiles were not an option I don't think. Not even with a gas check.

All I has is 115 grain Champions, I has a shit-ton of them.
Obama put the squeeze on .22
So I went 9mm.

Full copper jacket 9mm

Last edited:
Not artistic by any means outside of music. But I was getting tired of shoes all around the entrance from our garage, so went out on a mission to make a shoe cubby thing. Looked at pinterest and such, found some really nice looking ones beyond my skill, so went really basic. square with shelves. lol. Didn't want to spend a pile on wood, so went with some sanded pine boards I found and decided to stain them a more cherry color. I don't have the pics here, but it ended up looking better than expected (I HATE and am awful at painting/staining).

Besides that, last thing I've built myself was a few permanent target stands for target shooting, but that was all rough cut stuff.

find a tree 8" around and cut it down.

find a tree 8" around and cut it down.

Why? I'm not into murdering 8" trees.

This is a fun thread to find. I make a funky crab quiche, and try at Indian and Ethiopian specialties. I won my first writing prize in the second grade. Since then, my short stories were read to all of the English classes when I was in high school. Later on, before my mother's final illness put an end to my writing career (at least until now), the director of the local writers' center, who was a professor at the U.S. Naval Academy, told me that I didn't need him any more; just go home and write. I'm not back to writing just yet, but I make jewelry from semi-precious stones like lapis, with (real) silver and gold, when I can find such things. I took a wonderful course in silver-smithing and learning to make solder run. There is nothing like heating up silver to glowing red hot, and then pounding the hell out of it until you get what you want.

I'm told I have a good voice. I love singing descant. I'm a shitty guitar-player, though.

crab quiche, interesting

If you spice it up just right, it's truly funky. You've just got to play with the spices. I got famous for it around my company, along with my secret rum cake. The wonderful thing about quiche is that you can dump anything you want into it. Use gruyere. Expensive, but much better than swiss. Another great dish is kulibiak, Russian, if you've got about 12 hours to spare. A filing made with salmon, mushrooms, rice, and more, wrapped in a pastry similar to Beef Wellington and decorated with cookie cutters made from left over pastry. Bake until golden brown. Serve with butter and plenty of sour cream. If you have any eastern European background, you know that there is no such thing as too much sour cream.

Just this afternoon I finished work on a particularly nasty virus that launches as soon as the email that carries it is opened. But did I actually distribute it? You'll have to open any message you might get from me to find out.

Forum List

Back