What do you have?

Why does any of that matter?

That's a somewhat silly question, isn't it? It matters because it matters to me. It gives meaning to the one and only life I know I'm going to ever have, just as your ridiculous religious beliefs give meaning to yours.
I don't believe it is a silly question at all. If we are nothing more than material beings living in a material world, then why shouldn't meeting my material needs be all that matters? Why should I care about anything else? Why should I care what happens to you or anyone else as long as my material needs are met?
Because getting everyone to agree with you about god is a need you can't meet. :D

I don't believe it is a silly question at all. If we are nothing more than material beings living in a material world, then why shouldn't meeting my material needs be all that matters? Why should I care about anything else? Why should I care what happens to you or anyone else as long as my material needs are met?

It's silly because I've already explained why other things matter to me, and I've explained what those things are. Heck, if I didn't care about anything beyond my own materialistic needs, debating here with you would be a completely unnecessary waste of time!

I know you're determined to reduce the lives of non-believers to wholly materialistic existences devoid of meaning, but that simply isn't the case. We simply choose to live in the REAL world, not one created by superstitious ignoramuses thousands of years ago.

It's silly because I've already explained why other things matter to me, and I've explained what those things are. Heck, if I didn't care about anything beyond my own materialistic needs, debating here with you would be a completely unnecessary waste of time!

I know you're determined to reduce the lives of non-believers to wholly materialistic existences devoid of meaning, but that simply isn't the case. We simply choose to live in the REAL world, not one created by superstitious ignoramuses thousands of years ago.
You reduce your life to nothing more than materialistic needs, not me. Sure you have explained why other things matter to me but you can't explain why they matter to you or why matter at all in the first place. If there is nothing more than this why not get the absolute most out of it even if it is at your expense?

I have a soul and I have my faith. These two things give me strength, courage and peace. That is good enough for me.

What do you have?
A life, empathy, sense of adventure, appreciation for nature, respect and appreciation for all that I have

I have a soul and I have my faith. These two things give me strength, courage and peace. That is good enough for me.

What do you have?
A life, empathy, sense of adventure, appreciation for nature, respect and appreciation for all that I have
Given our previous conversations it seems to me that you have appreciation for what other people have.

What do you have?
Given our previous conversations it seems to me that you have appreciation for what other people have.
I wanted to add good family. I have a goodfamily. My nephew won his basketball game tonight. I give him crap from the stands. He laughs.

What do you have?
I wanted to add good family. I have a goodfamily. My nephew won his basketball game tonight. I give him crap from the stands. He laughs.
So what? Why does that matter? According to your beliefs a terrorist could have blown the place up and it wouldn't have made a difference at all. In fact, it may have been better for society, right? Less mouths to feed, right? Less CO2 footprints, right? More job openings, right?

Forum List

Back