pho_dac_biet.jpg

2503_pasta_primavera.jpg

I also like the occasional box:

rich-north-indian-thali.jpg

BentoBoxAtKunis2Go0510.jpg

And once in a great while, I eat:

five-guys.jpg

Last edited:
Just about anything except for liver and onions and those little fish on pizza. Oh, yeah, kitties when they are in season. (wink, wink)

Last edited:
Just about anything except for liver and onions and those little fish on pizza. Oh, yeah, kitties when they are in season. (wink, wink)
I'm with you on the liver and onions thing. I could never eat that even when I was younger. I do eat meat so it's not like I'm totally meat free. I'm just very picky.

I like lean meats and fresh veggies. I have an occasional weakness for takeout food, but it mostly upsets my stomach. Mostly, the food I make is simple, with lots of broiling, baking, and sauteing, and without a lot of heavy, rich sauces. Spices are good, though. :) I think the "Eat This, Not That" people have a point when they say that Americans should simplify their diets and not eat foods with ingredients they don't recognize and can't pronounce.

A typical day's meals around here run like this:

An omelet for breakfast, made with one egg and two egg whites. The fillings include spinach, mushroom, and part-skim mozzarella or salmon, asparagus, and feta cheese.

A Cobb salad for lunch, with dark greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, lowfat cheddar cheese, turkey, and lemon juice, grapeseed oil, and dill.

Broiled flank steak with chimichurri sauce for dinner. The chimichurri sauce is red wine vinegar, olive oil, and lemon juice mixed with a handful of different spices. I serve it with steamed vegetables.

I like to snack on cherries, lowfat popcorn, stuff like that. Best thing my grandma ever did for me was get me hooked on raw produce as a snack before I got a chance to become addicted to candy and junk.

I pretty much eat anything...including insects...(takes a little getting used to) but I also take a protein supplement (at least 50 grams a day)
and for those who can take it....add ginger and chilis to your foods...it's a proven medical fact that the capsaicin in chilis are good for your heart.
Start out with small amounts and then build your tolerance up.Chili pepper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Havent eaten yet today, and I am STARVING!

I do that. I always have a box of cereal at work so I do get breakfast. Whatever I eat during the day, I bring from home. Sometimes they order out at work, if it sounds good, I get it.

I try to get veggies as often as possible but I take supplements everyday. I don't have time to cook 3 meals.

Havent eaten yet today, and I am STARVING!

I do that. I always have a box of cereal at work so I do get breakfast. Whatever I eat during the day, I bring from home. Sometimes they order out at work, if it sounds good, I get it.

I try to get veggies as often as possible but I take supplements everyday. I don't have time to cook 3 meals.

I like to cook things that make up large amounts which I can then store for later, when we're in a rush. My husband can just reach into the fridge and grab a Ziplock box on the way out the door to work. And with a 14-year-old boy in the house, I either provide him with quick-to-prepare foods that are healthy, or deal with him scavenging whatever he can find to snack on and weighing three hundred pounds.

Today I had fresh half runner beans with new potatoes from the garden.
Fresh salad from the garden.
Fried summer squash also from garden.

Just got done with some chicken cooked with a Caesar Dressing and Parmesan Cheese, along with Fried Yellow Squash and Zucchini. Fresh Tomatoes from our Garden and then some Baked Red Potatoes with lots of Homemade Cream Butter. Server with a nice helping of Garden Strawberries and Whipped Cream as a desert.

If I have room later, we have some homemade Apple Pie and Bryers Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

You mean those little anchovy thingies? I could do without them as well.

I don't eat stewed tomatoes, okra. Otherwise I will eat just about any veggies, meat or fruit.

Bacon, and eggs fried in bacon grease, homemade gravy, biscuits and apple butter.

Yes I make that once in a while. Mostly when my family is visiting,:lol: I am very healthy :)

The first things to go when starting a new diet;
1) sugary,sweet sodas
2) 90% of the fast foods
3) reduction of salt intake
4) gradual phase out of diet sodas
5) no more white bread
6) moratotium on refined white sugar and high fructose corn syrup
7)no food that has a sodium content greater then 21% RDI
8)moratorium on excessive fried foods
9) no ground beef with a fat content less then 80%
10) phase out raw sugar
Things to ass to achieve slow, but gradual weight loss
1) dietary suppliments that boosts the metabolism so the body can burn off energy instead of conversion into body fat
2) wholesome, nutrientdence foods such as fesh vegetables and fruits
3) drink more water, or freshly brewed teas with lemon
4) use of seasonings that aide in the burning of body fat and raises the metabolism
5) organic foods when affordable from farmer's markets
6) buy breads that do not use hfcs (high fructose corn syrup), or other cheap sweeteners. whole wheat, multi-grain, 7 grain breads are ok
7) more more by simply walking and smaller portions unless it's a salad then that's ok (salad portions that are meatless (i.e. no bacon bits, or bacon pieces)are ok in large portions
8) stevia as a sweetener in lieu of sugar
9) any kind of fruit smoothie, or fruit juices that use fruit juices as a sweetener are ok.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back