What do you do for a living?

I am a Loss Prevention Agent\Investigator for a major retail company.

Basically I arrest the people who come in and steal. Also I investigate and prosecute the internal theft(Employees).

It's an awesome job, except for the fact that your putting your ass on the line for merchandise that isn't yours.

The thing that sucks about it is it is dangerous, espectially with the economy getting worse. I have had a gun and several knives pulled on me. I have also been jumped, hit, kicket, hit with objects and hurt. We arn't allowed to carry anything to protect ourselves with either. I only have a badge and handcuffs.

Although I do have to say that I've never had someone get away on me. :) I actually was in the crime blotter last week, I can post it if you guys want to see it.

I also have done event security for the past 12 years at a major events center.

I also am the Security Chief for several major fundraising events in my area, as I like to give back to the community.

I am also envolved with Hot August Nights.

What?! Do you even *remember* what you post over the years?

Good lord.

I am a Loss Prevention Agent\Investigator for a major retail company.

Basically I arrest the people who come in and steal. Also I investigate and prosecute the internal theft(Employees).

It's an awesome job, except for the fact that your putting your ass on the line for merchandise that isn't yours.

The thing that sucks about it is it is dangerous, espectially with the economy getting worse. I have had a gun and several knives pulled on me. I have also been jumped, hit, kicket, hit with objects and hurt. We arn't allowed to carry anything to protect ourselves with either. I only have a badge and handcuffs.

Although I do have to say that I've never had someone get away on me. :) I actually was in the crime blotter last week, I can post it if you guys want to see it.

I also have done event security for the past 12 years at a major events center.

I also am the Security Chief for several major fundraising events in my area, as I like to give back to the community.

I am also envolved with Hot August Nights.

:lol: :lol: Aww, Loss prevention I used to do that for Macys. It is nothing more then a plain clothed mall security..

:lol: :lol: Aww, Loss prevention I used to do that for Macys. It is nothing more then a plain clothed mall security..

Uh huh. In this case, it's grocery store rent-a-cop.

Oh, and he's full of shit about the 12 year thing.. Sometimes I don't think people remember the BS they post from year to year.

Uh huh. In this case, it's grocery store rent-a-cop.

Oh, and he's full of shit about the 12 year thing.. Sometimes I don't think people remember the BS they post from year to year.

It was funny to hear him describe the position as if he was some covert CIA agent. Anyone who worked in loss prevention and read his post would have had a good laugh.

I don't even know his history and I could tell he was full of shit, either that or a great exaggerator.

It was funny to hear him describe the position as if he was some covert CIA agent. Anyone who worked in loss prevention and read his post would have had a good laugh.

I don't even know his history and I could tell he was full of shit, either that or a great exaggerator.

Both, actually.

I'm a teacher, a tutor, and an independent filmmaker.

Guess which two out of those three pay?

I'm a teacher, a tutor, and an independent filmmaker.

Guess which two out of those three pay?

By pay do you mean pay well? Or did you mean pays anything at all?

Okay, I'll play.

Teacher pays something...assuming you work for a public school, rather than most private schools.. which usually don't pay teachers doodle-squat. Public school teachers with a fair amount time in service get paid sort of okay.

The indie film maker thing looks interesting, though.

My wards and I are considering investing in a videocam to start messing with documentary filmaking and possibly doing some vingettes

Well, to be honest, I'm more considering investing in a videocam so that they will start messing with that medium (more than me doing it, I mean).

These young minds hereabouts need some kind of creative outlet for their various talents, and working in video might be just the thing they need to work collaboratively.

If the times comes that I think I can safely make that investment, I might be tapping your for some advice about cameras and software, Quentin, if you wouldn't mind.

Forum List

Back