What Do You Cook For Someone

I'm trying to think of a food that I don't like that I've cooked.

I cooked tongue, which is really disgusting to prepare, and it pretty much cured me of wanting to eat it, though it was actually okay to eat. But I've no desire to prepare it again, and eating it would give me a little shudder, though it wouldn't stop me if I was hungry....

I think pretty much if I won't eat it, I'm not cooking it. But since most people are less adventurous than I am, it's never been an issue. I used to cook chicken livers for my boyfriend, years ago, and I certainly didn't eat them but they didn't gross me out, and now I'm a fan of chicken liver pate I have no problem at all with them.

Tongue is actually really good. Kinda tastes like a roast only more tender,I have never cooked it though.

My kids love cantelope and watermelon. Both of which I can't stand,but I will buy it and cut it up in cubes and keep it in containers in the fridge for after school snacks.

As for dishes I would cook that's harder. I like pretty much everything.

I am Latin so cooking came pretty much easy to me since my mom was cooking all the time, and I being a female had to learn in order to put happiness in my husbands tummy.LOL.
Well I don't have a husband so I put happiness in my tummy..LOL. I love to cook pasta, its my fav. The one I have to cook all the time is Lobster and Crab stuff shells, my family can"t get enough.You should be a chef if you love to cook, its an art and you get nice $$. If its hot in the kitchen, its because your cooking..LOL.

I love cilantro, btw. I make fresh salsa with chopped (or canned chopped, they're juicier) tomatoes, green chiles, chopped onion, a little cayenne, a little tobasco, a lot of garlic and a lot of chopped cilantro. And salt.

Yum. I don't like salsa, but I love that stuff.

I make pizza from scratch, too. It's always good.

I do buy the pizza dough mix, though.

I really don't care for spaghetti, but I'll make that for others.. I don't like sausage, brats, etc but again, will make it for everyone else.

Liver and onions... I cook it up now and then for my wife but I quit eating that stuff when I got to big for my Mother to make me sit at the table until I ate everything on my plate. Yuck!

Liver and onions... I cook it up now and then for my wife but I quit eating that stuff when I got to big for my Mother to make me sit at the table until I ate everything on my plate. Yuck!

No shit. Yuck-o. Only way I can even swallow it is if it's a tiny piece of liver hidden amongst a giant spoon of onions, dunked in some gravy.

Dis - I'm not sure exactly what kind of abuse it might be but feeding your kids liver and onions must be some kind of child abuse!

Dis - I'm not sure exactly what kind of abuse it might be but feeding your kids liver and onions must be some kind of child abuse!

I got even.. I had one of those mothers that made you sit in front of your plate until it was empty.

So I emptied it. By hiding it.

Underneath couch cushions, and in bins of stuff in closets.

That only worked for lumpy things I didn't like.. Didn't work real well for wet foods.

In any case, it wasn't going into MY gut. :)

Dis - I'd wait until everybody left the room and then I would feed it to the dog. I was lucky. I had a dog that liked cabbage too!

Dis - I'd wait until everybody left the room and then I would feed it to the dog. I was lucky. I had a dog that liked cabbage too!

She always knew when I fed it to the dog or just threw it in the garbage.. That just got me in more trouble...

I got even.. I had one of those mothers that made you sit in front of your plate until it was empty.

That only worked for lumpy things I didn't like.. Didn't work real well for wet foods.

Haha, I did the same thing as well as my brothers.

Underneath our huge oak dining table there was essentially a small open ended box built in, like the designer had a mother like ours and was giving us an easy out. So carrots peas and spinach got deposited there when my mother wasnt looking. But ya HAVE to eat a couple and let her see so she didnt get suspicious.

The funny thing is, coming up the stairs from the basement, on like the 3rd step from the top gives you the perfect angle to see underneath the table. Needless to say, my mom caught sight of my brothers stash and we were busted. She started spot checking us every once in awhile afterwards. :lol:

Dis - I was in trouble just about all the time when I was a kid... I was the most well-rested guy around because I was in bed early alot for being on the shit list for first one thing or another... We had a real fat dog though!

Before he passed, my dad taught me how to make his special brand of chili that his side of the family loved. So a couple times a year at family get togethers I make it up for everyone. Not hard or anything, its more of a memory thing.

I can cook a mean ass steak with all the fixins.

Omeletes, I usually toss whatevers in the fridge (that seems like it would go good with omeletes) at the moment in. I've had pretty good luck with that.

And I may just be bragging here, but I cook some DOPE ramen noodles :lol:

Haha, I did the same thing as well as my brothers.

Underneath our huge oak dining table there was essentially a small open ended box built in, like the designer had a mother like ours and was giving us an easy out. So carrots peas and spinach got deposited there when my mother wasnt looking. But ya HAVE to eat a couple and let her see so she didnt get suspicious.

The funny thing is, coming up the stairs from the basement, on like the 3rd step from the top gives you the perfect angle to see underneath the table. Needless to say, my mom caught sight of my brothers stash and we were busted. She started spot checking us every once in awhile afterwards. :lol:

LMAO! I actually ate my veggies. It was things like liver, and hot dogs, and oatmeal I didn't like, and took to hiding.

brewerboy - Yep. I got busted now and then too, especially when she suddenly appeared back in the dining room and the dog was still chewing... You know the old thing about starving kids in China, etc., etc. I recommended sending my liver and onions to one of those kids once. Like all mothers, she wasn't amused.

Dis - How can you not like hot dogs????? If I was on death row hot dogs could be my last meal! I don't want to know what in them, but I like them alot...

Forum List

Back