What do you consider a good age to introduce the kids to the pro-abort family?

My fiancee and I have been discussing this on and off for a few months. We both agree that it's a delicate balance. On the one hand family ties are important, but on the other we both understand that our child's safety will be absolutely paramount. We're thinking maybe about four for the initial meeting and supervised visits and seven or eight to be left alone. Strangers are a whole nother topic obviously. This is just parents, aunts/uncles, cousins. Close relations. We're still not sure how acquaintances will work. We know the clinic we'd use is staunchly pro-child and pro-life. Is that maybe too early? Too late? Thoughts?

I have to say, I'm not entirely sure what the question is. Are you saying you have relatives who are pro-choice, and because of that, you don't feel that your child will be safe in their company? :confused-84: If that IS the question, then I'm not really sure WHY you feel that way.

My fiancee and I have been discussing this on and off for a few months. We both agree that it's a delicate balance. On the one hand family ties are important, but on the other we both understand that our child's safety will be absolutely paramount. We're thinking maybe about four for the initial meeting and supervised visits and seven or eight to be left alone. Strangers are a whole nother topic obviously. This is just parents, aunts/uncles, cousins. Close relations. We're still not sure how acquaintances will work. We know the clinic we'd use is staunchly pro-child and pro-life. Is that maybe too early? Too late? Thoughts?

I don't even understand the question. What are you going to tell your kids about?
The question is the title of the thread. The details are the details. What do you personally consider a good age to introduce the kids to the PC side of the family? Where are your personal boundaries there?

My kids interact with all my family members more or less the same, regardless of ideological beliefs. My boundary lines are based on the personal safety and well-being of my child (ie. which family members can be trusted to make sure he doesn't stick forks in the light sockets and that he gets regular meals). I also have a few family members who are just toxic in terms of being negative and unpleasant, and I limit not only my kids' time around them, but my own.

My sister is the token liberal of my family (although she tends more center than your average liberal), and she has taken care of both my oldest and my youngest child at various times when I was too sick to do so. Now that my oldest is an adult, she is staunchly pro-life (my youngest is only seven, and has no real ideology as yet). The overriding factor is that my sister, whatever her political leanings, loves my children almost as much as I do and would cheerfully die for them if necessary.

I trust the strong, trusting, open relationship I've built with my children and my own abilities to communicate the larger truths of life clearly and effectively to override any silly PC whims society might be breezing through at any given moment.

I don't give a shit what they talk about. It's a physical security consideration. I'm not here to argue, I wanted other people's own experiences.

See, I'm still confused on why pro-choice ideologies make your relatives a physical security consideration.

I think he is worried that people with bad morals will influence their kids negatively.

There are two answers to that.

One, as a parent, your influence over your kids will be greater than anyone elses influence no matter what. The only question is if you use that influence. If you use your parental influence to pass on your morals, that effect will trump the effect of anything else.

The reason most... not all, but most kids go bad, is because parents simply don't use that influence. They get caught up in their work, or projects, or hobbies, or paying bills, or buying crap, and abrogate their responsibility.

Two, ultimately no matter how good you are as a parent, no matter how perfect you attempt to be, in the end you have no control over the choices of your kids. None. If a child ends up making the choice to go bad, there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Generally, this won't happen if you do your job as a parent, but there are no guarantees in this life, and especially over the actions of others.

For you who are Christians, just think about it this way.... did G-d fail as a parent? Or did human beings make bad choices regardless of what G-d did? How do you think G-d feels.

There is no way to completely protect your kids from negative influences. People that try to completely shelter their kids end up making a mistake. By sheltering them, they failed to give their kids time to adjust to negative influence and resist them. That's why sheltered kids sometimes go crazy the moment they leave home.

Johny was so wonderful and perfect held down in the basement for the last 20 years.... I just don't understand why he has AIDs and is hooked on Heroin one month after leaving for college!

Well because he never had to resist negative influences. So he had no experience of negative influence until he want to college, and he couldn't handle it.

I don't give a shit what they talk about. It's a physical security consideration. I'm not here to argue, I wanted other people's own experiences.

How is it a security issue? What do you expect your relatives to do to your child? I get that you disagree with them. But a security/safety issue? If you think a family member might harm your child, it is not a matter of political views or being pro-Choice. It is knowing your relatives are deranged criminals.

What is a "pro-abort family"?

A "pro-abort family": Professionals. Families in which their women get pregnant for a fee from liberals and then get an abortion just to piss off the conservative opposition.
Can you provide examples of a few of these families?
fighting0064.gif
I was only joking - was it not clear?

OP please do not have children the greatest threat their mental or emotional health and security is your senseless bantering on about insignificant issues.

Take it or leave it.........

ABORTION AS EUGENICS
The majority of Planned Parenthood's abortion clinics are located in communities with minority populations that exceed the city or state averages. Is this a bizarre coincidence, or is it merely an extension of the eugenic principles that seem to have driven Planned Parenthood's founder, Margaret Sanger, a founder who is documented as saying, "We do not want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population."

Abortion Slows Demographic Change in US

Induced Abortion in the United States

• Nearly half of pregnancies among American women in 2011 were unintended, and about four in 10 of these were terminated by abortion.[1]

• Twenty-one percent of all pregnancies (excluding miscarriages) in 2011 ended in abortion.[2]

• In 2011, approximately 1.06 million abortions were performed, down 13% from 1.21 million in 2008. From 1973 through 2011, nearly 53 million legal abortions occurred.[2]

• The abortion rate in 2011 was 16.9 per 1,000 women aged 15–44, down 13% from 19.4 per 1,000 in 2008. This is the lowest rate observed since abortion became legal in the United States in 1973.[2]

Induced Abortion in the United States

You needn't have bothered. The OP isn't really interested. He just wanted to make it public that he might be forced into marriage and he wanted to try it out to see how it sounds .... "fiancé" ...... and see if it makes him feel mature.

You needn't have bothered. The OP isn't really interested. He just wanted to make it public that he might be forced into marriage and he wanted to try it out to see how it sounds .... "fiancé" ...... and see if it makes him feel mature.
Do you never get tired of letting your dog shit on the flag?

Do you never get tired of letting your dog shit on the flag?
Yes, I do. But I am waiting for the American people to kick out their Fascist government and replace it with a Democratic one. You are right, I am tired of letting my dog shit on the flag, but I wonder if you are not tired of allowing shit to be dumped on you and your countrymen?

How did the OP introduce his aborted siblings? Did he take them to the cemetery or show them a plastic drum containing the remains of aborted fetuses? Did he tell his children some of their relatives were practicing Satanists?

How did the OP introduce his aborted siblings? Did he take them to the cemetery or show them a plastic drum containing the remains of aborted fetuses? Did he tell his children some of their relatives were practicing Satanists?
We don't currently have kids. We're preplanning for that eventuality.

You were asked by several people what you meant, and asked why you wouldn't introduce them to family from the beginning.

Are you planning to keep your children from your family for years?

You were asked by several people what you meant, and asked why you wouldn't introduce them to family from the beginning.

I've told you. It's a safety thing. They can be around my kids when they agree that their lives are valuable and worth protecting. If that requires them to be a certain age then so be it.
Child Abuse Link to Abortion | The Life Resources Charitable Trust

I've told you. It's a safety thing. They can be around my kids when they agree that their lives are valuable and worth protecting. If that requires them to be a certain age then so be it.
Child Abuse Link to Abortion | The Life Resources Charitable Trust

So you believe that family members will abuse your children because they are Pro-Choice? lmao Okey dokey.

Go on vacation, a very long one before having kids..

Forum List

Back