What do you all think of this theory?

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
I have heard from a few pundits that if Bush wins the election the Democrats are planning to start impeachment proceedings over the Abhu Grahib incident. And further that this is why a lot of news outlets are trying to keep this story front and center.

Do you give this any credence??

Bonnie said:
I have heard from a few pundits that if Bush wins the election the Democrats are planning to start impeachment proceedings over the Abhu Grahib incident. And further that this is why a lot of news outlets are trying to keep this story front and center.

I would not put it past them, but what would be the premise? I mean, there was an issue, it was dealt with, they should get over it already.

HGROKIT said:
I would not put it past them, but what would be the premise? I mean, there was an issue, it was dealt with, they should get over it already.

I think the idea is to place blame directly on the President personally ordering the torture through Rumsfeld. I know the premise is ridiculous but I can see maybe if the Dems get desperate enough they might keep this one in their arsonal to use if needed. I don't trust them at all!!

any impeachment proceedings would be useless with a republican majority as well as no direct evidence linking the white house to abu ghraib.

Bonnie said:
I think the idea is to place blame directly on the President personally ordering the torture through Rumsfeld. I know the premise is ridiculous but I can see maybe if the Dems get desperate enough they might keep this one in their arsonal to use if needed. I don't trust them at all!!
Nor do I, but DK made a great point. They are still pissed over the Clinton impeachment too.

In a funny but sad way, it is interesting watching them implode.

HGROKIT said:
Nor do I, but DK made a great point. They are still pissed over the Clinton impeachment too.

In a funny but sad way, it is interesting watching them implode.

I used to think like DK but for some reason Im much less confident in the idea that good trumps evil especially when the Dems do not play fair (they are corrupt) and have a large part of the media on their side willing to spin a story any way necessary in an attempt to change public opinion. Probably over thinking this one

Bonnie said:
I used to think like DK but for some reason Im much less confident in the idea that good trumps evil especially when the Dems do not play fair (they are corrupt) and have a large part of the media on their side willing to spin a story any way necessary in an attempt to change public opinion. Probably over thinking this one

Paranoia rears its ugly head...

LoneVoice said:
Paranoia rears its ugly head...

Nah I wouldn't say paranoia.........Cynicism, skepticism, caution, with both eyes and both ears wide open, firmly planted in reality...... based on past history...... :tng:

Bonnie said:
Nah I wouldn't say paranoia.........Cynicism, skepticism, caution, with both eyes and both ears wide open, firmly planted in reality...... based on past history...... :tng:

OK... let's test your reality and grounding...

What pundits did you hear this whole conspiracy theory from?

DKSuddeth said:
any impeachment proceedings would be useless with a republican majority as well as no direct evidence linking the white house to abu ghraib.
Oh my, I'm agreeing with DK. I am not at all concerned with impeachment on this...I see no links between the renegade acts of a few morons in the military and Bush. Even if Bush's detractors wanted to pin it on him, it's virtually impossible and I bet cooler heads would prevail.

Bonnie said:

There are alot more things he can be impeached for than Abu Ghraib.

Bullypulpit said:
There are alot more things he can be impeached for than Abu Ghraib.
With how zealous the democrats are this year, if he could be impeached, he'd have already been. There is nothing that he can be impeached for that you can prove.

DKSuddeth said:
I certainly hope you don't mean thats a bad thing. :(

LOL You've been so GOOD today too! Sometimes you can't get no respect, even from those that do! :teeth:

Bonnie said:

I doubt it. I'm sure there are some that are dieing to try, but it would never go through. Besides, the prison scandel has faded a bit from the headlines, and eventually reality has to set in on people and the truth starts coming out. The lady private (her name escapes me at the moment) is looking worse and worse as this goes on. She has shown no remorse for what happened and is sticking to the "I was fllowing orders" defense.

I wonder if she was ordered to have sex with all those guys while someone took pictures, or just the abuse of the prisoners.

Forum List

Back