CDZ What do we do with the people who are no longer needed......

Outsourcing is of course almost a 100% job loss.

I am not sure you know what the term means if you think there are no jobs on the other side of the transaction.

really?
You think I don't know that...hmm...I was wandering though...did YOU know that when outsourcing occurs, that the end job is paid literally 1/20th or less of the original job? Plus no benefits?
So - in your mind then, it is an even trade? Is this what your are inferring?

In a recent episode of Anthony Bourdain's travel show, he was in China.
And it was interesting that one of his guest was one of China's top economist.
And his answer to Anthony's question - What is the greatest challenge facing America and China? - His answer surprised me..."what to do with the people who are no longer needed to contribute to the economy"...he went on to say that through technology, out sourcing, robotocs and mergers - it is a simple and increasing fact that the economy needs less people to produce and serve what the population needs and wants are. So what do we do with the increasing number of people who are not needed?

This is a fascinating topic.
Do we lower the retirement age, therefore providing more jobs to developing families?
Provide "payment" to one adult family member for staying home?
Screw them?

This isn't a future problem, in China it is a HUGE problem...and as sure as you are reading this. it will be a HUGE problem in America certainly in the next decade.
Less people are needed to service the economic wants/needs of the public. It is an indelible fact, that is getting worse.
So what is the answer?

Yeah....not a good answer in a country that murdered 70 million people.....

In a recent episode of Anthony Bourdain's travel show, he was in China.
And it was interesting that one of his guest was one of China's top economist.
And his answer to Anthony's question - What is the greatest challenge facing America and China? - His answer surprised me..."what to do with the people who are no longer needed to contribute to the economy"...he went on to say that through technology, out sourcing, robotocs and mergers - it is a simple and increasing fact that the economy needs less people to produce and serve what the population needs and wants are. So what do we do with the increasing number of people who are not needed?

This is a fascinating topic.
Do we lower the retirement age, therefore providing more jobs to developing families?
Provide "payment" to one adult family member for staying home?
Screw them?

This isn't a future problem, in China it is a HUGE problem...and as sure as you are reading this. it will be a HUGE problem in America certainly in the next decade.
Less people are needed to service the economic wants/needs of the public. It is an indelible fact, that is getting worse.
So what is the answer?

Yeah....not a good answer in a country that murdered 70 million people.....

Yes, well, killing 70M people also doesn't seem to have worked seeing as China, with its 1.6B people, apparently, by their top economist's assertion, still has an overpopulation problem and hasn't enough that needs doing for substantially all of them to be gainfully and productively deployed doing something. Perhaps he's tacitly suggesting they need to kill off 700M? I guess that would make for a heyday of sorts for undertakers.

... China, with its 1.6B people, apparently, by their top economist's assertion, still has an overpopulation problem and hasn't enough that needs doing for substantially all of them to be gainfully and productively deployed doing something. ....

Completely wrong and missing the point.

All those human beings died because of the inherent flaws of 'communism' and the arrogant incompetence of Mao. The explosion of population that (seemingly at the time) necessitated something like the one-child policy was also a consequence of Mao's obtuseness. When Deng (who managed to survive Mao's madness and the slugfest that followed) said "Ok, let's stop fucking around and go get rich!" more human beings moved out of a state of abject poverty than ever before in human history.

China has a crashing population problem, and they will for decades at the very least. AND, China's changing labor market and issues related to an emerging and maturing middle class are far more complex than anything presented on this thread.

Outsourcing is of course almost a 100% job loss.

I am not sure you know what the term means if you think there are no jobs on the other side of the transaction.

really?
You think I don't know that...hmm...I was wandering though...did YOU know that when outsourcing occurs, that the end job is paid literally 1/20th or less of the original job? Plus no benefits?
So - in your mind then, it is an even trade? Is this what your are inferring?

I am not "inferring" anything. I plainly stated what I believe. If my job gets sent to India, the job still exists, just somewhere else. there is no "almost 100%" job loss.

Forum List

Back