What do these numbers stand for?

Okay so I have to ask... was that Reagan in 8 years, Clinton in 8 years, G.W. Bush in 8 years and Obama in 2 years?

If so, extrapolate that out and Obama will be 244 days.

Now, quite truthfully, I don't believe the President ever gets a vacation so none of that matters to me. Where ever he is, he is on the job for the entire time of his service.

Immie

It was how many vacation days at this point in their presidencies.

Nice try, though! :)

just curious... link please?

This from Factcheck:

President Obama’s Vacation Days | FactCheck.org

Maybe the real question isn't how many days but where Obama chooses to spend them. Most of Bush's vacaions were at his ranch, true? He went home rather than Martha's Vineyard or an ultra expensive resport in Hawaii or Spain. Especially in hard times like now, it doesn't play well in Peoria.

Okay so I have to ask... was that Reagan in 8 years, Clinton in 8 years, G.W. Bush in 8 years and Obama in 2 years?

Now, quite truthfully, I don't believe the President ever gets a vacation so none of that matters to me. Where ever he is, he is on the job for the entire time of his service.

Immie

I think you're missing the point... Bush was attacked for it and the country was not downgraded, 14 trillion in debt and in 4-5 wars....

Bush was on vacation when he got the memo saying that bin Laden was determined to strike inside the US. And while the left did criticize all his vacation time, the right defended it, saying that the president is always the president and is always at work and everyone could always have meetings with him and he always has the key to the bomb and yada yada yada.

So why the hypocrisy?

Tell me, while Congress is away on vacation, what can the president do about our debt?

Tell me, while Congress is away on vacation, what can the president do about being downgraded?

Where is the outrage over the House's schedule of two weeks on/one week off – that is what Speaker Boehner put in place, isn't it? That's a shit load of vacation.

Immie

You'll have to prove that.

Why? Is your Google broke?

i am not a ringwinger but i will tell you why i am bitching about the vacay president.....he ask americans to cut back to be austere...americans had too....most are underemployed and working hard not to be unemployed. i would love to take a vacation but i am miring in paying bills. i am lucky i am not facing foreclosure or my house being under water financially.... i want a president who leads by example....simple as that....if you want your people...the people who elected you...to do without...then you should be willing to do without...simple as that....

the queen mom was belove by her country....one of the reasons...when germany attacked and they wanted to move her out of the country....to a safe place....she ask where her fellow subjects would be.....then she joined them in the tunnels....

you know you dont have to be a real rocket scientist....to figure this one out....and dont even get me started on that sorry ass housewife we call the first lady....what has she done in the time she has been able to wheeled great influence......not a fucking thing...if you ask me....what became of her little garden? what is she really doing about fat kids in america? her lack of focus or her lack of caring really pisses me off.....laura bush may have looked like she had been hit in the head with an hammer but she did the reading program for kids.....something of merit....first ladies can use their influence in many ways....i dont see her doing much do you?
Are you seriously not familiar with all the things that Michelle Obama has been doing since she got to the White House? Wow.

Immie

It was just a question, but if I really cared I suppose I would look up your "facts" as to whether or not that is actually true. I do have to say that I am suspicious of where ever you got those "facts".

Let me ask you this real quick. Did you by any chance get them from TDM?

Immie
Presidential vacations: How does Obama compare? - CBS News

All of partisan back and forth is meaningless.
The fact is Obama and Congress should be in Washington working on solutions in a bi-partisan way to solve the economic mess we are in.
A few years back, when I was running a business and the economy hit a downturn taking my business's bottom-line with it, I canceled my vacation to reinvent my businesses approach. We ended up nicely surviving.
The people who are supposed to be working for us in Washington, are more than welcomed to take a vacation, after they have done their job.

So Bush43 spent about 180 days at his ranch in Texas at this same point in his presidency. Do you think all those days qualify as a vacation? Lotta work got done, foreign leaders were met and talks ensued, work got done. How many foreign leaders will be showing up at Martha's Vineyard?

It was just a question, but if I really cared I suppose I would look up your "facts" as to whether or not that is actually true. I do have to say that I am suspicious of where ever you got those "facts".

Immie

Thank you for the link, but as I said, if I cared I could look it up.

Although, my philosophy is that if I make a statement that is not just "off the top of my head" and I have used someone's data or work, I will give it credit and link it. However, in this case, you could not have done that because of the point you were trying to bring out and I recognize that.

I appreciate the link, because it is always nice to know which data someone used and quite frankly, many times others can Google some data and look at different links and get different information. You provide the link and I can see where you got the data. If I don't agree with it, I can search elsewhere.

Edit: and I stand by the statements I have made since the issue came up about President Bush's vacations. A President is never "on vacation". I don't care where he is.

Immie

Last edited:
Reagan: 112

Clinton: 28

W. Bush: 180

Obama: 61

Does anyone know what these numbers are?

LOL. You know the problem with statistics? You can use them for anything you want. Honestly, I wish Obama would take more time off. I wish all of them would. Stop trying to fix stuff, you're just breaking it more.

Can we just shut the whole operation down for 6 months and see how we're doing after that?

Mike

Immie

Although, my philosophy is that if I make a statement that is not just "off the top of my head" and I have used someone's data or work, I will give it credit and link it. However, in this case, you could not have done that because of the point you were trying to bring out and I recognize that.

I appreciate the link, because it is always nice to know which data someone used and quite frankly, many times others can Google some data and look at different links and get different information. You provide the link and I can see where you got the data. If I don't agree with it, I can search elsewhere.

Edit: and I stand by the statements I have made since the issue came up about President Bush's vacations. A President is never "on vacation". I don't care where he is.

Immie
If a story is widely known about, I sometimes don't bother with the link, since there are so many places online where you can verify it easily. When these stories break, everyone covers it, so you get Google pages like this:

Google

Reagan: 112

Clinton: 28

W. Bush: 180

Obama: 61

Does anyone know what these numbers are?

LOL. You know the problem with statistics? You can use them for anything you want. Honestly, I wish Obama would take more time off. I wish all of them would. Stop trying to fix stuff, you're just breaking it more.

Can we just shut the whole operation down for 6 months and see how we're doing after that?

Mike
Congrats! There is always someone who comes into one of these threads saying "I wish they would all go on vacation".

I wasn't disappointed.

i am not a ringwinger but i will tell you why i am bitching about the vacay president.....he ask americans to cut back to be austere...americans had too....most are underemployed and working hard not to be unemployed. i would love to take a vacation but i am miring in paying bills. i am lucky i am not facing foreclosure or my house being under water financially.... i want a president who leads by example....simple as that....if you want your people...the people who elected you...to do without...then you should be willing to do without...simple as that....

the queen mom was belove by her country....one of the reasons...when germany attacked and they wanted to move her out of the country....to a safe place....she ask where her fellow subjects would be.....then she joined them in the tunnels....

you know you dont have to be a real rocket scientist....to figure this one out....and dont even get me started on that sorry ass housewife we call the first lady....what has she done in the time she has been able to wheeled great influence......not a fucking thing...if you ask me....what became of her little garden? what is she really doing about fat kids in america? her lack of focus or her lack of caring really pisses me off.....laura bush may have looked like she had been hit in the head with an hammer but she did the reading program for kids.....something of merit....first ladies can use their influence in many ways....i dont see her doing much do you?
Are you seriously not familiar with all the things that Michelle Obama has been doing since she got to the White House? Wow.

You'd better take a look at Obama's numbers and then familiarize yourself with the term extrapolate.

Last edited:

Immie
If a story is widely known about, I sometimes don't bother with the link, since there are so many places online where you can verify it easily. When these stories break, everyone covers it, so you get Google pages like this:

Google

True, but if you are getting your information from something like The Huffington Post and I am getting my information from World Net Daily then the takes on the stories are going to be significantly different which is why I tend to like to link my source even if it has been linked to many times before. Then you have an idea which slanted source I used and can make a judgment as to just how far out there I am. :)

Immie

Forum List

Back