What do the "Entitled" do when denied?

Sadly, those who really need it are denied because they don't know how to dot all the "i"s and cross all their "t"s. Meanwhile, we have organizations paid for by our tax dollars to help immigrants dot their "i"s and "t"s. American's have become 2nd class in their own country.

That said, this woman should have given her children up if she couldn't feed them. When my husband was unemployed for 3 years, we didn't qualify for foodstamps either....fortunately our friends, family and neighbors all helped. Most churches will find a way to help you if you just ask, Thank God, I didn't have to ask.

Funny thing, during those 3 years, our coffee maker went out. I pulled out the old camp coffee pot and started cooking coffee on the stove. Not too much later, I had 3 coffeepots, given to us by friends. This woman, apparently, needed friends.

There is always a way. Too many people have allowed themselves to be enthralled and led to believe that some magic genie will provide for them. People need to learn, and believe, that those that provide for themselves are those most blessed.

Hello, Soup Kitchens, food Pantries,churches,your Mother and Father. You beg, borrow and steal if you have to but you don't shoot your kids. I didn't always have enough when I was a kid but we made due. Might have been alot of pasta and rice but that's still food in your stomach. Don't tell me those kids didnt qualify for free school lunches so they must have been getting one full meal a day, five days a week. Don't tell me she couldn't find resources.

There is always a way. Too many people have allowed themselves to be enthralled and led to believe that some magic genie will provide for them. People need to learn, and believe, that those that provide for themselves are those most blessed.
That’s assuming one is not mentally ill, as was likely the case here:

State welfare spokeswoman Stephanie Goodman says Grimmer first applied for food stamps in July but was denied because she didn't supply enough information.

States are required to assist public assistance applicants with the process if they’re unable to do so themselves – due to physical or mental limitations. Many on the right forget – or were never aware of in the first place – that a significant number of those on public assistance are disabled, elderly, and children. It has nothing to do with ‘learning to provide for oneself.’

My parents raised eight of us. They were too proud to accept food stamps. By month's end we were eating onion sandwiches and drinking powdered milk. But we stuck together and had a terrific garden. Although I have no doubts my Mom would have liked to shoot some of us sometimes, it wasn't because she couldn't feed us!

My parents raised eight of us. They were too proud to accept food stamps. By month's end we were eating onion sandwiches and drinking powdered milk. But we stuck together and had a terrific garden. Although I have no doubts my Mom would have liked to shoot some of us sometimes, it wasn't because she couldn't feed us!

i can relate to your mom

Forum List

Back