What do Republicans think about Mitt's "secret" speech?

No, a reasonable thinking individual cannot deny that he did indeed promise to close Gitmo and he failed to do so. You are correct.

Now, can you tell me WHY he didnt close Gitmo?

heres a hint:

Republicans See More Chances to Block Gitmo Prisoners From U.S. Soil | Fox News

You see, theres a difference between trying and failing to fufil a promise, especially when the other side works so hard oppsoing it, and changing your story to get votes.

But yes, you are correct. He said hed close it and he failed to do so. But I give him partial credit for actually making the attempt.
He did not try as hard as you might think and he was not just opposed by the right he had a good amount of blow back from Democrats and his liberal base as well.And all politicians change their story to get votes Obama went far left to get the nomination from Hillary in the primary then went to the center for the general election that is changing your story for votes.Here is one one gitmo you might find interesting.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=why%20didn't%20obama%20close%20gitmo&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fworld%2Fguantanamo-bay-how-the-white-house-lost-the-fight-to-close-it%2F2011%2F04%2F14%2FAFtxR5XE_story.html&ei=4NKMT89L7dbbBfHKlOcL&usg=AFQjCNHqTuQ9YFDHU1p-CJYWVfNwbNc_2g.

From your article:

The debate, they said, became suffused with fear — fear that transferring detainees to American soil would create a genuine security threat, fear that closing Guantanamo would be electoral suicide.

You have to admit, no one is better at scaring Americans than Republicans. Fear is how they win elections. All their policies are failures. Even right wingers hear at USMB can't name any successes. Remember when they screamed that Obama wanted to release terrorists into your back yard? Obama wanted to put foreign murderers onto city street?

Not just "terrorists", but Obama's "terrorist friends". Cuz he's a "Muslim" or a "Kenyan" or something "not American".
Also from the article was opposition from his own party and base I never said there was no opposition from the right there was but he was also opposed from the left and Obama himself really did not push that hard for it all pointed out in the article.

My previous post about gitmo unless your denying he said those things and that gitmo is still open.

No, a reasonable thinking individual cannot deny that he did indeed promise to close Gitmo and he failed to do so. You are correct.

heres a hint:

You see, theres a difference between trying and failing to fufil a promise, especially when the other side works so hard oppsoing it, and changing your story to get votes.

But yes, you are correct. He said hed close it and he failed to do so. But I give him partial credit for actually making the attempt.

It wasn't the Republicans that blocked him, but thanks for proving you are a partisan hack.

Are you saying that Fox news lies? GASP

He did not try as hard as you might think and he was not just opposed by the right he had a good amount of blow back from Democrats and his liberal base as well.And all politicians change their story to get votes Obama went far left to get the nomination from Hillary in the primary then went to the center for the general election that is changing your story for votes.Here is one one gitmo you might find interesting.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=why%20didn't%20obama%20close%20gitmo&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fworld%2Fguantanamo-bay-how-the-white-house-lost-the-fight-to-close-it%2F2011%2F04%2F14%2FAFtxR5XE_story.html&ei=4NKMT89L7dbbBfHKlOcL&usg=AFQjCNHqTuQ9YFDHU1p-CJYWVfNwbNc_2g.

From your article:

The debate, they said, became suffused with fear — fear that transferring detainees to American soil would create a genuine security threat, fear that closing Guantanamo would be electoral suicide.

You have to admit, no one is better at scaring Americans than Republicans. Fear is how they win elections. All their policies are failures. Even right wingers hear at USMB can't name any successes. Remember when they screamed that Obama wanted to release terrorists into your back yard? Obama wanted to put foreign murderers onto city street?

Not just "terrorists", but Obama's "terrorist friends". Cuz he's a "Muslim" or a "Kenyan" or something "not American".
Also from the article was opposition from his own party and base I never said there was no opposition from the right there was but he was also opposed from the left and Obama himself really did not push that hard for it all pointed out in the article.

So now its not that he didnt do it. Its that he didnt try hard enough.

well, I can agree with that. Obama hasnt tried hard enough on alot of issues in my opinion.

That being said, Mittney sure hasnt had to flip-flop due to not trying hard enough has he? And as he flip-flops more and more his reputation is going to be shot before the election.

heres a hint:

From your article:

You know whats really funny about the whole "Obama is a secret Muslim" accusation?

The Muslim Brotherhood Infiltrates the GOP | FrontPage Magazine

Grover Norquist headlines conference with regional leader of Hamas-linked CAIR and Muslim Brotherhood-linked coauthor of defamatory "Islamophobia" report - Jihad Watch

Grover Norquist and radical Islam - Jihad Watch

Grover Norquist, the real power behind the Republican party, just might be a secret Muslim.

Wow. When I read what these zany right zingers write it just amazes me. The speech was indeed closed to the press. That makes it "secret". However, the speech was given over a PA system that was heard in the street. That makes it "fair game".

Now, some of the highlights. Ann Romney calling CNN Pun-dent, Hillary Rosen's comment, a "birthday gift". Because she was able to "use" this issue to score political points. Funny, dear Ann talks about her "outrage", but failed to mention what it is exactly her husband wants to do for working women. Not women like her, working "at home" taking care of her zillionaire husbands 5 sons in there housekeepered and nannied palace, but women who take their children to a daycare and then work all day to provide food, clothes and housing for children they can't afford to stay home to take care of.

Hey, you wanna bet Mitt has plans to cut daycare? Something to make it more difficult for these women? That would be my guess. It's what Republicans do. How do I know? They tell us.

Now this is the most ironic part. Mitt screamed that Obama has a behind the scenes talk with the leader of a foreign country but here he is saying one thing in public and hiding what he really thinks to a base he's trying to sway.

I can see it now. Like the Fonz, "Haaaaaeeeee, I have to play the game. I'm going to tell America I will help women and the Middle Class, but don't worry, I'm gonna fuck them better in my first term than Bush did in his entire eight years. And they're gonna love it". Cheers from people paying $50,000.00 a plate.

That's my best at trying to make this up, but unfortunately, it's probably very, very close to reality.

Keeping reporters out doesn't make it secret, not telling people makes it secret. Being that it was a speech, and that reporters actually heard it, proves it wasn't a secret.

Boob.

If reporters aren't allowed. If it can't be recorded. If there are no cameras. If it's in a closed room where only people paying $50,000.00 a plate are allowed in, then it's a "secret".

Ever here of cell phones? They are a brand new invention that just came out this week, they can record sound, take pictures, and even take something called video, which is a moving picture.

No, that is not magic, it is technology.

heres a hint:

It wasn't the Republicans that blocked him, but thanks for proving you are a partisan hack.

Are you saying that Fox news lies? GASP

No, I am saying everyone lies. In this case, it happens to be you. That article you posted was from November of 2009, not January or Fenuary, when the Democrats blocked Obama.

From your article:

Yea, opposition that came after Republicans terrorized the country. Remember, Republicans are 90% white and mostly Christian. Democrats are everyone else. Even conservatives. There are no liberals in the Republican party. Because the Democratic Party is a coalition party, it's way easier to divide. The Democratic Party is represented by Obama, after that there are dozens of leaders. The Republican Party has pledged to Grover Norquist.

Notice how hard Republicans work to deflect from Mitt Romney?

Here is something Romney said back in Jan:

While I was governor, 85% of the people on a form of welfare assistance in my state, had no work requirement. And I wanted to increase the work requirement. I said, for instance, that even if you have a child two years of age, you need to go to work. And people said, well that’s heartless. And I said no, no, I’m willing to spend more giving day care to allow those parents to go back to work. It will cost the state more, providing that day care. But I want the individuals to have the dignity of work.

What he's saying is that unless a "stay at home" mother has a millionaire husband, she has no "dignity of work". Because staying at home and raising kids is NOT work. Oops, hoist on his own petard.

OK right wing,

on your mark

get set

start spinning

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P-Ije2kEl8&feature=related]I Dervisci di Aleppo - YouTube[/ame]

Doesn't matter which country you go to, no one spins better than zany right wingers.

Mitt Romney’s Double Standard On Moms And ‘Work’

While I was governor, 85% of the people on a form of welfare assistance in my state, had no work requirement. And I wanted to increase the work requirement. I said, for instance, that even if you have a child two years of age, you need to go to work. And people said, well that’s heartless. And I said no, no, I’m willing to spend more giving day care to allow those parents to go back to work. It will cost the state more, providing that day care. But I want the individuals to have the dignity of work.

What he's saying is that unless a "stay at home" mother has a millionaire husband, she has no "dignity of work". Because staying at home and raising kids is NOT work. Oops, hoist on his own petard.

OK right wing,

on your mark

get set

start spinning

I Dervisci di Aleppo - YouTube

Doesn't matter which country you go to, no one spins better than zany right wingers.

Spinning what? Do you expect people to defend Romney simply because he is a Republican? Let me explain something to you, the Republican party is a coalition party, They have many viewpoints, and often argue about how to get things done, They don't come together because of skin color, or guilt, they believe that principles are what matters, even if they do not always agree on what those principles are.

That said, I see no contradiction between wanting to give people dignity and respect and wanting them to go to school. Funny that you, who claims to love education, think it is demeaning, but I expect you to not have principles and to contradict yourself.

Keeping reporters out doesn't make it secret, not telling people makes it secret. Being that it was a speech, and that reporters actually heard it, proves it wasn't a secret.

Boob.

If reporters aren't allowed. If it can't be recorded. If there are no cameras. If it's in a closed room where only people paying $50,000.00 a plate are allowed in, then it's a "secret".

Ever here of cell phones? They are a brand new invention that just came out this week, they can record sound, take pictures, and even take something called video, which is a moving picture.

No, that is not magic, it is technology.
Wow, the stupid moves from thread to thread with you.

OK right wing,

on your mark

get set

start spinning

I Dervisci di Aleppo - YouTube

Spinning what? Do you expect people to defend Romney simply because he is a Republican? Let me explain something to you, the Republican party is a coalition party, They have many viewpoints, and often argue about how to get things done, They don't come together because of skin color, or guilt, they believe that principles are what matters, even if they do not always agree on what those principles are.

That said, I see no contradiction between wanting to give people dignity and respect and wanting them to go to school. Funny that you, who claims to love education, think it is demeaning, but I expect you to not have principles and to contradict yourself.

The Republican Party is 90% white and mostly Christian. That is far, far away from being a "coalition". Oh, and I've never heard a Democrats say "education is for snobs". Have you? Where have you heard that from?

Forum List

Back