What do Republicans think a "good" salary is for skilled and unskilled workers?

You r inability to read a paragraph and draw reasonable conclusions is a sign of sub-par intelligence.

Republicans complain about teachers and other union workers making way too much money.

So I'm curious. What is a "skilled" worker to Republicans and what is an "unskilled" worker? I would love some examples.

How much do Republicans think a "skilled" worker should be paid and should they get the same as what an "unskilled" worker gets?

Since 90% of workers don't belong to a union, do Republicans feel those workers are being treated "fairly"?

What I really want to know is how many Republicans on this board are unemployed and getting disability, Social Security, Medicare, Food Stamps and unemployment. But they would never tell the truth.
the market sets the damand for a skilled worker .the demand sets the pay scale .their are many republicans on disability ,and getting help from the tax payers .what we have a problem with is a nanny state entitlement mind set commy's like you have !!! everybody cannot be on the dole ...somebody has got to produce !!! and big gov gets in the damn way !!!

Explain how it should be Rdean. I'm just curious on your specifics for correcting what you see as a problem

You expect Rderp to return????

point.gif

Republicans complain about teachers and other union workers making way too much money.

So I'm curious. What is a "skilled" worker to Republicans and what is an "unskilled" worker? I would love some examples.

How much do Republicans think a "skilled" worker should be paid and should they get the same as what an "unskilled" worker gets?

Since 90% of workers don't belong to a union, do Republicans feel those workers are being treated "fairly"?

What I really want to know is how many Republicans on this board are unemployed and getting disability, Social Security, Medicare, Food Stamps and unemployment. But they would never tell the truth.

Unskilled labor is someone you have to train. Even people with degrees need training to hone their skills to that specific job.

skilled labor is a trusted person that knows the job and needs little to know management.

Pay should be based on importance of job and what the employer can logically afford.

Unfettered corporatism works this way.

A. Get rid of the competition, either through mergers or outright elimination.

corporatism yes because then big liberal government has control like when BO gave 71% of green money to his bundlers or like when he takes over health care industry

capitalism no because by definition government does not interfere under capitalism

Too complicated for you???

Let's answer it with a question...

Which is better for the payroll bottom line, 3.8% unemployment or 8.3% unemployment?

Don't you just HATE having to pay signing bonuses just to get the labor you need?

10% UE rocks... ass-u-me-ing your buying labor in the market and not selling it!!

Yeah, employers like getting bargains too. You like getting discounts on your purchases, Joe?

I'm as interested in a buck as the next guy... what difference does that make? My job is to point out the reasons behind the politics.

B. Create an environment where there are very few places to work.
C. Create an environment where there is a lot of people looking for the same job.
D. Pay as little as possible.
E. Take home as much profit as possible.
F. Have government assume risk..privatize Profit.

Did you just lift Mitt Romney's new "Contract on America" word for word?

This is what CON$ervoFascists think is great pay for "plum" jobs.

January 23, 2012
RUSH: They work six days a week, 12 hours a day. They earn the equivalent of 17 US dollars a day, and they are plum jobs in China.

Reading challenged, I see.
And CHINA is the CON$ervoFascist dream non-union work environment, as you well know.

January 23, 2012
RUSH: As I say, they leave out one crucial factor here and that's unions, to help explain why manufacturing in America can't compete with the way the ChiComs do it.

Let me give you a fascinating statistic that will put this in perspective. The primary manufacturing company for Apple's products is called Foxconn, Hon Hai Precision Industry, and they make electronic gadgets for practically everybody. Apple is one of their largest customers. They have, at one factory, 230,000 employees. One factory: 230,000 employees. Most of them live in dormitories on the site of the factory. There's a hospital, there are kitchens. This place goes through... I wish I could remember. The tonnage of pork and rice every month this place goes through to feed its employees is astounding. They have 230,000 employees in one factory. They work six days a week, 12 hours a day. They earn the equivalent of 17 US dollars a day, and they are plum jobs in China.

It really does seem like Rush is promoting this scenario. The Chinese do have unions, only they are controlled by the government, but they do exist.

The bottom line is that skilled and non-skilled private sector workers should not have to go broke with high taxes that fund lavish municipal union retirement benefits.

The bottom line is that skilled and non-skilled private sector workers should not have to go broke with high taxes that fund lavish municipal union retirement benefits.

Wow, you speak the "Talking Points" well. Try to define "lavish" and it seems you may have a "setback". Taxes under Eisenhower were 90% for the wealthiest 1% and that period was called "The Golden Age of American Manufacturing". Seems the millionaires still had millions. Seems they still had mansions. But the middle class was able to send their children to college. And they were able to own houses. Republicans think those are bad things. The only people who deserve help from the state are billionaires and millionaires.

Obviously what China and Mexico pay.

Without education, Americans won't be able to even make that much. Republicans are the only political party on earth that want to make getting an education harder or not at all for their kids.

Obviously what China and Mexico pay.

The best labor is free labor.

:eusa_think: Well..... I suppose that there's no such thing as 'free' labor... if nothing else, there are costs involved in management and the tools required to manage a labor pool.

Baring 'free' labor, the cheaper the better. Mexico and China ROCK!

B. Create an environment where there are very few places to work.
C. Create an environment where there is a lot of people looking for the same job.
D. Pay as little as possible.
E. Take home as much profit as possible.
F. Have government assume risk..privatize Profit.

Fellow conservatives...Sallow is right here.
Corporatism is not conservatism, nor is it a free market principle. It is called monopoly.
I hate how all across America every city is becoming "Anytown, USA" with the same big box stores, same chain restaurants, same chain hardware stores, same chain lumber etc.etc.etc
At the same time, the policy of the last 30 years where the financial risk is burdened by taxpayers via sudo government entities is also not a free market principle. That is plutocratic principle.
We don't have a free market in America. We just think we do.

There is no answer to that question.

What an employee gets paid is directly related to the demand for the product they produce or service they provide.

When you say what should an unskilled worker get paid you are assuming all unskilled jobs are in equal demand which means the guy who sweeps floors should get paid the same amount as the guy who delivers the mail.

Sorry but floor sweepers are not as in demand as reliable mail and package delivery so the latter will get paid more.

Let's answer it with a question...

Which is better for the payroll bottom line, 3.8% unemployment or 8.3% unemployment?

Don't you just HATE having to pay signing bonuses just to get the labor you need?

10% UE rocks... ass-u-me-ing your buying labor in the market and not selling it!!

Yeah, employers like getting bargains too. You like getting discounts on your purchases, Joe?

I'm as interested in a buck as the next guy... what difference does that make? My job is to point out the reasons behind the politics.

So why do you think employers should be different? They want to pay the least amount possible while still getting someone competent for the job.
Do you think the Democrats are intentionally keeping the unemployment rate high so businesses can pick and choose cheap labor?

It really does seem like Rush is promoting this scenario. The Chinese do have unions, only they are controlled by the government, but they do exist.

In China the government controls the union. In Obama's America the unions control the government.

So why do you think employers should be different? They want to pay the least amount possible while still getting someone competent for the job.
Do you think the Democrats are intentionally keeping the unemployment rate high so businesses can pick and choose cheap labor?

Not necessarily, but I think politicians on BOTH sides of the aisle are beholding and beholding in a big way to folks and organizations who have a vested interest in keeping unemployment above 6%.

How beholding they are and/or how they fulfill that obligation is an ethics question.

the market sets the damand for a skilled worker .the demand sets the pay scale .their are many republicans on disability ,and getting help from the tax payers .what we have a problem with is a nanny state entitlement mind set commy's like you have !!! everybody cannot be on the dole ...somebody has got to produce !!! and big gov gets in the damn way !!!

These are the superfunctions, functions, and subfunctions that the federal budget is divided up into.

Superfunction and Function

National Defense
Human resources
-Education, Training, Employment, and Social Services
-Health
-Medicare
-Income Security
-Social Security
-Veterans Benefits and Services
Physical resources
-Energy
-Natural Resources and Environment
-Commerce and Housing Credit
-Transportation
-Community and Regional Development
Net interest
Other functions
-International Affairs
-General Science, Space, and Technology
-Agriculture
-Administration of Justice
-General Government
-Allowances

Function and Subfunction

050 National Defense:
-051 Department of Defense-Military:
--Military Personnel
--Operation and Maintenance
--Procurement
--Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation
--Military Construction
--Family Housing
--Other
-053 Atomic energy defense activities
-054 Defense-related activities
150 International Affairs:
-151 International development and humanitarian assistance
-152 International security assistance
-153 Conduct of foreign affairs
-154 Foreign information and exchange activities
-155 International financial programs
250 General Science, Space, and Technology:
-251 General science and basic research
-252 Space flight, research, and supporting activities
270 Energy:
-271 Energy supply
-272 Energy conservation
-274 Emergency energy preparedness
-276 Energy information, policy, and regulation
300 Natural Resources and Environment:
-301 Water resources
-302 Conservation and land management
-303 Recreational resources
-304 Pollution control and abatement
-306 Other natural resources
350 Agriculture:
-351 Farm income stabilization
-352 Agricultural research and services
370 Commerce and Housing Credit:
-371 Mortgage credit
-372 Postal service
-373 Deposit insurance
-376 Other advancement of commerce
400 Transportation:
-401 Ground transportation
-402 Air transportation
-403 Water transportation
-407 Other transportation
450 Community and Regional Development:
-451 Community development
-452 Area and regional development
-453 Disaster relief and insurance
500 Education, Training, Employment, and Social Services:
-501 Elementary, secondary, and vocational education
-502 Higher education
-503 Research and general education aids
-504 Training and employment
-505 Other labor services
-506 Social services
550 Health:
-551 Health care services
-552 Health research and training
-554 Consumer and occupational health and safety
570 Medicare:
-571 Medicare
600 Income Security:
-601 General retirement and disability insurance (excluding social security)
-602 Federal employee retirement and disability
-603 Unemployment compensation
-604 Housing assistance
-605 Food and nutrition assistance
-609 Other income security
650 Social Security:
700 Veterans Benefits and Services:
-701 Income security for veterans
-702 Veterans education, training, and rehabilitation
-703 Hospital and medical care for veterans
-704 Veterans housing
-705 Other veterans benefits and services
750 Administration of Justice:
--751 Federal law enforcement activities
752 Federal litigative and judicial activities
-753 Federal correctional activities
-754 Criminal justice assistance
800 General Government:
-801 Legislative functions
-802 Executive direction and management
-803 Central fiscal operations
-804 General property and records management
-805 Central personnel management
-806 General purpose fiscal assistance
-808 Other general government
-809 Deductions for offsetting receipts
900 Net Interest:
-901 Interest on Treasury debt securities (gross)
-902 Interest received by on-budget trust funds
-903 Interest received by off-budget trust funds
-908 Other interest
-909 Other investment income
920 Allowances:
-921 Adjustment for Budget Control Act Caps (Security)
-924 Adjustment for Budget Control Act Caps (Non-Security)
-925 Future Disaster Costs
-929 Placeholder for Outyear OCO Costs
950 Undistributed Offsetting Receipts:
-951 Employer share, employee retirement (on-budget)
-952 Employer share, employee retirement (off-budget)
-953 Rents and royalties on the Outer Continental Shelf
-954 Sale of major assets
-959 Other undistributed offsetting receipts

What are the categories where the actual spending "nanny state" has occurred? I will gladly total the costs to see how much it all comes to.

If you have some other indicator, like disability, Social Security, Medicare, Food Stamps and unemployment, I will see if I can differentiate the costs.

It would be nice to match it to a percentage of the civilian population over 19. (I don't see 16 to 18 as relevant.)

Perhaps we can differentiate the not in labor force down to those "nanny state" recipients.

Forum List

Back