What do people have against

Living within our means? Is there seriously something so wrong about not spending more money than we take in?

Conversely, what is wrong with paying taxes which aid those who can't live within their limited means? Or, punishing those who exploit labor by providing too few hours for their staff to qualify for benefits, which, btw, results in State or county government subsidizing employers by providing taxpayer funded emergency healthcare to their employees?

The world is not as simple as you conservatives make it out to be. It's easy to blame the working poor, but unconsciounable for conservatives to blame business owners.

No one has mentioned paying taxes. Even though a flat tax across the board at a much lower rate with no exemptions would generate much more revenue than we currently do.

I don't have a problem living within my means. I also Pay my bills, and I don't take a pay cut when I know I have to make my car payment etc.

Oh, you make car payments? You are living beyond your means.

When I bought my car, I bought a used Toyota Corolla that get 40mpg, and my payments are about 150 a months. That is completely within my means pay.
I don't have credit cards, my car is the only thing I have on credit and I feel fine with that. I wanted a safe car, that I wasn't going to fixing all the time, and that got great gas mileage. It will be paid off in six months.

I don't have a problem living within my means. I also Pay my bills, and I don't take a pay cut when I know I have to make my car payment etc.

Cutting spending isn't taking a pay cut.

Nor does incurring more debt help get you out of debt

I agree. Cut defense to 0 until we have a reason to defend something on our own soil.

Cutting spending isn't taking a pay cut.

Nor does incurring more debt help get you out of debt

I am talking about tax cuts, or I should say extending tax cuts when we need to pay off our debts.
When I wanted to get a car, I actually got a better job so I could afford my car payment and everything else, and still have some money to save. I didn't cut my pay so I went farther into debt.

Living within our means? Is there seriously something so wrong about not spending more money than we take in?

Conversely, what is wrong with paying taxes which aid those who can't live within their limited means? Or, punishing those who exploit labor by providing too few hours for their staff to qualify for benefits, which, btw, results in State or county government subsidizing employers by providing taxpayer funded emergency healthcare to their employees?

The world is not as simple as you conservatives make it out to be. It's easy to blame the working poor, but unconsciounable for conservatives to blame business owners.

s0n.........you guys are on the short end of the totem pole. Perhaps the news has not reached SanFransisco. You and all the other k00ks on here are left with thowing out ideological talking points at this stage of the game, but nobody cares.

And I'm laughing:eusa_dance:..........this is like getting a front row seat to watch a super slow motion train wreck where the engineer of the train is the biggest dick you know.

who takes care of the people who cant pull down enough cash to fill their needs?

Income inequality helps explain our savings deficiency which will tie directly to our statist/corporatist policies.

This is another good discussion that rw kooks can challenge me on.

What does any of the have to do with politicians promising far more than we can pay for?

The difference between a Progressive Liberal and a Neocon is.... nothing. The goal of both parties is to grow Government and repeal nothing after you ran on repealing the other party’s evil expansions.
That is why neither party will “live within its means.” How many Dems here though when Obama was elected that he would be 1 of the biggest war presidents in US history? How many Republicans thought Bush would be a war president?

They both ran on anti war platforms.

Pure, unadulterated horseshit.

If a conservative was in office, we sure as hell wouldn't have Obamacare, and we sure as hell wouldn't have had a huge porkulus bill that was designed from the start to be a permanent increase in spending.

Nothing. Perfectly appropriate for individuals.

But that’s not applicable to First World Industrialized governments, nor should it be.

Wrong again. Of course, spending within our means makes looting the productive members of society much more difficult. That's why leftwing weasels claim it shouldn't be done.

"Spend, spend, spend." That's all you're saying.

Please point out the people who are saying that they have anything against living within their means? Raising the Debt Ceiling is about paying the debts we have already incurred. Holding that hostage for the sake of FUTURE spending is what people are "against".

Cutting social safety nets while ignoring the corporate tax breaks and loopholes is what people are "against". Decimating these programs while ADDING to our military budget is what people are "against".

What people aren't "against" is a balanced approach that looks at cuts AND revenues.

You know, liberals aren't in favor of big government, they favor GOOD government.

When people say they are "against the government", it is important to point out that what they are really saying is that they are against "we the people" for that is what American government is comprised of.

SS and Medicare are not the equivalent of food. They are the equivalent of the money you give to your brother in law because he's a bum who can't hold a job. You don't give money to deadbeats when you can't even pay your own bills.

Weapons are not toys. it really takes an incredibly juvenile outlook on the world to believe that the military exists purely for our amusement.

LOL...certainly not a voluntary one. And I wouldn't cut the food (SS and Medicare) bill first...I'd maybe not buy so many high priced toys (military budget)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back