What Do Mitt Romney And Muhammed Ali Have In Common?

They both used their religious belief to avoid military service...Romney four times.

Hey shit stain, Cassius Clay converted to Islam to avoid the draft, Romney was born a Mormon.

Bull Shit and Horse Kock!

"http://www.biography.com/people/muhammad-ali-9181165"

"This bold public persona belied what was happening in Ali's personal life, however. He was doing some spiritual searching and decided to join the black Muslim group, the Nation of Islam, in 1964. Two years later, Ali started a different kind of fight when he refused to acknowledge his military service after being drafted. He said that he was a practicing Muslim minister, and that his religious beliefs prevented him from fighting in the Vietnam War.
In 1967, Ali put his personal values ahead of his career. The U.S. Department of Justice pursued a legal case against Ali, denying his claim for conscientious objector status. He was found guilty of refusing to be inducted into the military, but Ali later cleared his name after a lengthy court battle. Professionally, however, Ali did not fare as well. The boxing association took away his title and suspended him from the sport for three and a half years."

They both used their religious belief to avoid military service...Romney four times.

Hey shit stain, Cassius Clay converted to Islam to avoid the draft, Romney was born a Mormon.

Bull Shit and Horse Kock!

"http://www.biography.com/people/muhammad-ali-9181165"

"This bold public persona belied what was happening in Ali's personal life, however. He was doing some spiritual searching and decided to join the black Muslim group, the Nation of Islam, in 1964. Two years later, Ali started a different kind of fight when he refused to acknowledge his military service after being drafted. He said that he was a practicing Muslim minister, and that his religious beliefs prevented him from fighting in the Vietnam War.
In 1967, Ali put his personal values ahead of his career. The U.S. Department of Justice pursued a legal case against Ali, denying his claim for conscientious objector status. He was found guilty of refusing to be inducted into the military, but Ali later cleared his name after a lengthy court battle. Professionally, however, Ali did not fare as well. The boxing association took away his title and suspended him from the sport for three and a half years."

Not at all bull shit. It's right there in your post. Clay picked up the Muslim religion in 1964, guess which war was going on in 1964?

Romney, otoh, was born a Morman.

Don't you ever get tired of losing?

By the way, that "Support President Sterling" photo above is explained in the accompanying article from the N.Y. Times. Romney supported the Vietnam war unlike that prick John Kerry. And don't come on with the "at least he served" crap. According to all his Swift Boat cohorts, that SOB staged all his purple heart injuries, while trying to emulate his hero, John Kennedy. Three MONTHS and done.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/12/us/politics/at-stanford-romney-stood-ground-on-vietnam.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

An absolutely TRUE statement. Nothing could be truer. He actually needed to be sent to jail for draft evasion, but then again HE WAS BLACK AND THE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION...possibly. That first fight with Sonny Liston was the biggest fix in boxing history.

Last edited:

Do we have religious freedom or not? If you're going to pick on Romney, are you going to ask why Obama never served? Hell, the Muslims will get out of fucking Obamacare due to their religious beliefs, yet nary a complaint from the left. Obama and congress also get out of Obamacare. Spread the outrage around.

Do we have religious freedom or not? If you're going to pick on Romney, are you going to ask why Obama never served? Hell, the Muslims will get out of fucking Obamacare due to their religious beliefs, yet nary a complaint from the left. Obama and congress also get out of Obamacare. Spread the outrage around.

Yes, especially to their first black president, Bill Clinton. The libtards overlook shit like him because he's one of them.

Yes, especially to their first black president, Bill Clinton. The libtards overlook shit like him because he's one of them.

Jan 22, 2001...Bush's first day

The Dow Jones Industrials 10,578.24.
The Nasdaq Composite 2,757.92.
S & P 500 1,342.90.

Jan 21, 2009...Obama's first day

Dow Jones Industrials 8228.10
Nasdaq Composite - 1507.07
S&P 500 Close - 840.24

Bush fucked up the market, started two wars and doubled the national debt. I won't even mention the mortgage crisis and the banks failing. Oh yes.....I guess I did. Sorriest goddam excuse for a president this country has ever seen. The biggest honors he had was holding hands with an Arab prince and declaring victory in his war about seven years too soon:

bush_holding_hands.jpg

BEC6EAF4558DBCF924C272B3C39CB8.jpg

S & P 500 1,342.90.

S&P 500 Close - 840.24

Bush fucked up the market, started two wars and doubled the national debt. I won't even mention the mortgage crisis and the banks failing. Oh yes.....I guess I did. Sorriest goddam excuse for a president this country has ever seen. The biggest honors he had was holding hands with an Arab prince and declaring victory in his war about seven years too soon:

bush_holding_hands.jpg

Anyone who blames Bush for the econimic mess is too stupid to talk to.

I don't despise Ali and Clinton for dodging the draft. They were opposed to it. You on the other hand, I'm guessing, don't approve of their protesting and avoiding the draft, am I right?

Exactly, they were against being drafted, that is the point. How you hold two standards is quite interesting.

Woah...pay attention! I'm not sure I can break it down any simpler for you. It is not I that is holding two standards.

Clinton - Protested against the war, avoided the draft.

Ali - Protested against the war, avoided the draft.

Romney - Protested in favor of the draft, avoided the draft.

For the Sesame Street crowd...One of these things is NOT like the other. Which is it?

Why, it's is the one you're going to vote for. He was "rah, rah, go draft go"...until it came time for him to "go, go, go" and he "went, went, went"...to France.

Do you know what FDR and Mitt Romney have in common?

S & P 500 1,342.90.

S&P 500 Close - 840.24

bush_holding_hands.jpg

Bush removed the threatening regimes of Saddam and the Taliban from power. Bush launched the surge strategy that finally brought relative stability to Iraq. Obama opposed the Surge but later admitted, "it was a good thing". Then Obama adopted the Bush surge strategy in Iraq for Afghanistan.

As for the economy, I think you need to let these average unemployment rates for Presidents since World War II sink in.

Average Unemployment Rates For US Presidents Since World War II:

01. Lyndon Johnson: 4.19%
02. Harry Truman: 4.26%
03. Dwight Eisenhower: 4.89%
04. Richard Nixon: 5.00%
05. Bill Clinton: 5.20%
06. George W. Bush: 5.27%
07. John Kennedy: 5.98%
08. George H.W. Bush: 6.30%
09. Jimmy Carter: 6.54%
10. Ronald Reagan: 7.54%
11. Gerald Ford: 7.77%
12. Barack Obama: 9.06%

S & P 500 1,342.90.

S&P 500 Close - 840.24

bush_holding_hands.jpg

Bush removed the threatening regimes of Saddam and the Taliban from power. Bush launched the surge strategy that finally brought relative stability to Iraq. Obama opposed the Surge but later admitted, "it was a good thing". Then Obama adopted the Bush surge strategy in Iraq for Afghanistan.

As for the economy, I think you need to let these average unemployment rates for Presidents since World War II sink in.

Don't bother with that. Anyone who thinks that Bush caused the economic mess doesn't know enough to be having a debate with. You could ask him how exactly he did it, or you could point out that he tried 5 times to rein in Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac but was turned down flat by Barney frank and Chris Dodd.

He won't care, nor does he doesn't have the intellectual capacity to understand.

S & P 500 1,342.90.

S&P 500 Close - 840.24

bush_holding_hands.jpg

I'll tell you who's too stupid to talk to.......anyone who attempts to defend the draft dodging horse's ass. I repeat.....the sorriest excuse for a president this nation has ever seen.

S & P 500 1,342.90.

S&P 500 Close - 840.24

bush_holding_hands.jpg

I'll tell you who's too stupid to talk to.......anyone who attempts to defend the draft dodging horse's ass. I repeat.....the sorriest excuse for a president this nation has ever seen.

George W. Bush, re-elected by the AMERICAN PEOPLE in 2004 with OVER 50% of the vote, the FIRST time since 1988 that a candidate won an election with a majority of the popular vote!

Its funny how many people forget the simple fact that Bush was not in office 8 years because of the 2000 election, he actually had to go before the American people and win re-election. The American people had the opportinity to decide whether or not they thought what he did in 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004 had been good for the country or not. Despite all the criticism from the left, Michael Moores movie, a concert tour by famous rock acts, etc, etc etc, the American people at the end of the day decided to re-elect George W. Bush because they generally agreed with his policies and disagreed with the left and the critics of the President. The last true, large scale, and accurate referendum on George Bush ended in a victory for George Bush!

George W. Bush, re-elected by the AMERICAN PEOPLE in 2004 with OVER 50% of the vote, the FIRST time since 1988 that a candidate won an election with a majority of the popular vote!

Its funny how many people forget the simple fact that Bush was not in office 8 years because of the 2000 election, he actually had to go before the American people and win re-election. The American people had the opportinity to decide whether or not they thought what he did in 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004 had been good for the country or not. Despite all the criticism from the left, Michael Moores movie, a concert tour by famous rock acts, etc, etc etc, the American people at the end of the day decided to re-elect George W. Bush because they generally agreed with his policies and disagreed with the left and the critics of the President. The last true, large scale, and accurate referendum on George Bush ended in a victory for George Bush!

bush_dailymirror_dumb_people.jpg

http://videosift.com/video/Colin-Powell-Responds-to-Cheney-and-Limbaugh-Lies

Last edited:

bush_dailymirror_dumb_people.jpg

Colin Powell Responds to Cheney and Limbaugh Lies • VideoSift: Online Video *Quality Control

LOL, oh yes, the liberal rag from, The United Kingdom.

S & P 500 1,342.90.

S&P 500 Close - 840.24

bush_holding_hands.jpg

I notice that you conveniently used averages and that takes into account what an administration assumed when they took office. Obama has looked bad because of the miserable mess he assumed. In other words when FDR took over Hoover's 24% unemployment I'm sure he didn't want that averaged in with his WPA, RFD, CCC, TVA etc. hiring:

Depression+Unemployment.jpg

Each Republican run all the way back to Hoover left a higher unemployment rate than what they assumed. It's a documented matter of record. Don't let the Reagan numbers fool you because G.H.W. Bush came along behind him and his four years ended in recession

Hoover's mess took eight years and a world war to straighten out. He and the banks made the mess and there's little difference in then and George Bush and the banks in 2008. The big difference is Bush gave the banks $800 billion and Hoover couldn't.

Last edited:

S & P 500 1,342.90.

S&P 500 Close - 840.24

bush_holding_hands.jpg

I notice that you conveniently used averages and that takes into account what an administration assumed when they took office. Obama has looked bad because of the miserable mess he assumed. In other words when FDR took over Hoover's 24% unemployment I'm sure he didn't want that averaged in with his WPA, RFD, CCC, TVA etc. hiring:

Depression+Unemployment.jpg

Each Republican run all the way back to Hoover left a higher unemployment rate than what they assumed. It's a documented matter of record. Don't let the Reagan numbers fool you because G.H.W. Bush came along behind him and his four years ended in recession

Hoover's mess took eight years and a world war to straighten out. He and the banks made the mess and there's little difference in then and George Bush and the banks in 2008. The big difference is Bush gave the banks $800 billion and Hoover couldn't.

Averages take into account EVERYTHING, the good, the bad, and the ugly. 100% objective. There is no cherry picking involved!

What is used is the monthly unemployment rates from the beuro of labor statistics. In an eight year administration, a lot can happen. Figures will rise, go down, and rise again. If you only used the first month and the last month of an administration your not at all getting a true picture of what life was like while that particular President was in office. If you only use month #1 and month #96, you ignore 94 months of information and conditions that the public experienced while that President was in office.

In order to be accurate and objective, one must consider ALL THE DATA! Cherry picking pieces of data only leads to an inacurate image of what the average person experienced during the time the particular President was in the White House. To say that the only months during the Bush administration that mattered were January 2001 and December 2008 is crazy. Years like 2005, 2006, etc. are just as important in assessing the administration in power as well as estimating what the average person experienced during that persons time in office.

In any event you made to factual mistakes in your post. Reagan left office with 5.3% unemployment which is less than the 7.5% that he came in with, but again, to accurately look at Reagans time in office you need to look at ALL 96 months, not just 2 months.

George Bush Sr.'s time in office DID NOT END IN RECESSION! Here are the real quartally GDP growth rates from Bush Sr.'s time in office:

1989 01 3·8060
1989 02 3.0287
1989 03 3.2091
1989 04 0·8765
1990 01 4.2433
1990 02 1·6004
1990 03 -0.0050
1990 04 -3·4611
1991 01 -1.9204
1991 02 2.7265
1991 03 1·6963
1991 04 1.5782
1992 01 4·4637
1992 02 4.3182
1992 03 4·1919
1992 04 4·2724

Each of the last 4 quarters of George Bush Sr.'s President had the economy growing at a robust 4% growth rate. No other President since George Bush Sr. has had four consecutive quarters of real GDP growth above 4%. The Recession during Bush Sr.'s time in office ended in the Spring of 1991, a year and a half before he faced re-election.

You can find quartely real GDP growth rates from 1947 to 2012 here for the United States:

Quarterly Growth in real GDP at annual rates, Percent

As for comparing Hoover with W, or FDR, there is no comparison. The slide in economic activity at the very end of the Bush administration is nothing compared to what happened during the great depression.

At the end of the day, the fact remains that Obama's time in office has seen the highest average unemployment rates of any President since World War II. I went back to World War II because the labor department only has unemployment rates for EACH month since 1947. Annual estimates before 1947 are available though.

If you included all the Presidents since George Washington, Obama would still rank near the bottom, with only Hoover and FDR having worse average rates.