What do historians really think of Obama

58 posts before a bushwhack? it's wearing off, at least

Your comment aside, my comment is correct. Obama has not been able to cope with the mess Bush handed to him.

It was not like Obama was caught by surprise by what was waiting for him when he came into office. The economic meltdown began in early September and continued through the election and up till Obama was sworn in. Obama was sworn in January 20th 2009 that is almost 5 months after this started now that is not a huge amount of time but it is enough for him to be better prepared than he was nor does it change the fact the policies he implemented have been mediocre at best. I won't blame Obama for what happened under Bush but nor will I blame Bush for what has happened under Obama.

What's your point? That the mess is that massive, with much dependency on global economic matters? Then, yes, Obama has been unable to handle the Bush mess. I hope Romney will do better.

58 posts before a bushwhack? it's wearing off, at least

Your comment aside, my comment is correct. Obama has not been able to cope with the mess Bush handed to him.

It was not like Obama was caught by surprise by what was waiting for him when he came into office. The economic meltdown began in early September and continued through the election and up till Obama was sworn in. Obama was sworn in January 20th 2009 that is almost 5 months after this started now that is not a huge amount of time but it is enough for him to be better prepared than he was nor does it change the fact the policies he implemented have been mediocre at best. I won't blame Obama for what happened under Bush but nor will I blame Bush for what has happened under Obama.

I think he was caught by surprise. I honestly don't think he expected to get the nomination in 2008 and that he thought Hillary would get it. I think Obama was trying to get his name in there maybe for the vice presidency or post-Hillary.

Oprah endorsed him, the movement took off, and there was no way to back down gracefully.

I don't believe he seriously thought that he would get the nomination and that's why he didn't have any plan or idea of what he would do once he was in office. He simply hadn't thought that far ahead.

He took office with a tanking economy and he's been trying to wing it ever since.

It's not working.

Barack Hussein Obama...

...groomed and elected without being vetted based on charisma and appeal to the novelty of electing out first black President.

...overwhelmed by the magnitude of the duties for which he was grossly unprepared.

...hampered by his own audacity, pride, self-righteousness, arrogance, racism, ignorance and delusions of greatness.

...a FAILED attempt at impressive leadership and commendable defense of the US Constitution.

...encouragement of divisiveness and class warfare among citizens.

...deliberate squandering of taxpayer monies for political gain.

Last edited:
Barack Hussein Obama...

...groomed and elected without being vetted based on charisma and appeal to the novelty of electing out first black President.

...overwhelmed by the magnitude of the duties for which he was grossly unprepared.

...hampered by his own audacity, pride, self-righteousness, arrogance, racism, ignorance and delusions of greatness.

...a FAILED attempt at impressive leadership and commendable defense of the US Constitution.

I think he was caught by surprise. I honestly don't think he expected to get the nomination in 2008 and that he thought Hillary would get it. I think Obama was trying to get his name in there maybe for the vice presidency or post-Hillary.

Oprah endorsed him, the movement took off, and there was no way to back down gracefully.

I don't believe he seriously thought that he would get the nomination and that's why he didn't have any plan or idea of what he would do once he was in office. He simply hadn't thought that far ahead.

He took office with a tanking economy and he's been trying to wing it ever since.

It's not working.

Every Presidential candidate has during their run, an opportunity to begin the task of screening and then hiring advisers. It appears Obama'd ego would not allow him to hire the smartest and the best. Obama himself has the undying need to be ALWAYS be the smartest person in the room.

Barack Hussein Obama...

It's not working.

Every Presidential candidate has during their run, an opportunity to begin the task of screening and then hiring advisers. It appears Obama'd ego would not allow him to hire the smartest and the best. Obama himself has the undying need to be ALWAYS be the smartest person in the room.

Joe Biden agrees! :eusa_whistle:

Sounds like Bush the Younger, huh?

Yer kidding, right?
I didn't hear any of you libs bitching when Bush was spending money on social programs.
Anyway, stay on point. This thread is about what historians think of OBAMA. Not anyone else.

Yer kidding, right?
I didn't hear any of you libs bitching when Bush was spending money on social programs.
Anyway, stay on point. This thread is about what historians think of OBAMA. Not anyone else.

You are just a far reactionary wack, no con whatsoever, and I am no lib.

All fiscally minded Americans were bitching since Reagan sky rocketed government expenses and every presidency since then did the same thing.

Obama, if you wish to critique, has to be taken in the context of what he inherited from Bush.

Pay attention.

This is spot on...
Read...
What do historians really think of Obama? | Fox News.

Liberals will not read this because it's found on the foxnews.com website. Or they will read it and instantly show a wide range of emotions. From dismissive to down right furious anger.
That does not make this man's views any less correct.

This sum's up Obama's elitism, arrogance, disdain for all of us...

"that he had to waste precious hours talking with “Congressmen from Palookaville.”

How sad that this pompous butt seemed to forget he came from "Palookaville".. His grandparents were Kansas sod busters!!

Do you want me to answer with words or NUMBERS?

You will ignore either.

We all know, and readily admit, that Obama took over in the middle of a housing crash.

Problems he created?
How much money has he borrowed??

How much further in debt are we now as compared to when he took office?
Did this increase in borrowing help alleviate any of his "inherited problems"?

Let's just start with the money Obama has borrowed. How much of it is/was due to Bush leftovers and how much did Obama borrow on new stuff unrelated to Bush?

Blaming Bush is no longer acceptable and will no longer be discussed.
You lefties need to step up and accept responsibility for your actions.
If they did that, they wouldn't be lefties.

Barack Hussein Obama...

It's not working.

He is, when the room is empty.

No, it doesn't. Bush hired vastly intelligent people like Rice and Powell.

Obama hired tax cheats.

Forum List

Back