What Do Christians Want?

I'm a bit baffled by the general tone of some posts on here regarding the wants and needs of christians as to their communities. I get the very uneasy feeling that what some want is a world in which non-christians have no power, no voice, and no visibility.

Some seem angered at the idea that the US Constitution provides for a separation of church and state, insisting that the Founders could not have ever wanted any religion other than christianity to have an impact on public life here. Others seem to feel that non-christians should not be permitted to erect their houses of worship just any old place. Then there are complaints that some public figures may be less than fully christian, or that the occasional non-christian slips by and is elevated to high office.

I'm just curious. Do christians really want or need a country in which no one else's religious or spiritual lives are respected?

Which Christians?

I'm just curious, are all anti-christans so clueless?

I'm a bit baffled by the general tone of some posts on here regarding the wants and needs of christians as to their communities. I get the very uneasy feeling that what some want is a world in which non-christians have no power, no voice, and no visibility.

Some seem angered at the idea that the US Constitution provides for a separation of church and state, insisting that the Founders could not have ever wanted any religion other than christianity to have an impact on public life here. Others seem to feel that non-christians should not be permitted to erect their houses of worship just any old place. Then there are complaints that some public figures may be less than fully christian, or that the occasional non-christian slips by and is elevated to high office.

I'm just curious. Do christians really want or need a country in which no one else's religious or spiritual lives are respected?

Which Christians?

You're doing the same thing you're criticising Madeline for, generalizing. I can tell you exactly which Christians I have a grievance with. I am not anti-christianity. The teachings of Christ are beautiful.

Last edited:

Which Christians?

You're doing the same thing you're criticising Madeline for, generalizing. I can tell you exactly which Christians I have a grievance with. I am not anti-christianity. The teachings of Christ are beautiful.

Which Christians are you speaking of?

Forum List

Back