What Do Christians Want?

And hopefully we can post on topic without getting personal again. This thread is not about me.

Last edited:
And hopefully we can post on topic without getting personal again. This thread is not about me.

no---It's someone wanting to know what Christians want which is an ignorant question.
My suggestion again is for the OP author to ask Christians what they want --ONE AT A TIME.

Well, it's not my thread, and I did not pose the question. I answered it "I don't know'. Christians are welcome to answer the question one at a time.

Last edited:
This Christian wants a big lump of money. Enough to buy that historical landmark that needs a foundation, roof, plumbing AND a heater...

And put in new bathrooms!

phpThumb.php

clawfoottub-18.jpg

I do love a great bathroom, Allie.

To answer your question, I have been insulted in PMs, but never threatened. I can't believe anyone would stoop so low -- and why you, when there are so many others much more strident than you?

I guess I wrote the Op because of the message I kept seeing on other threads about religion. That it is okay, even desirable, for christianity to overwhelm a community and for christians to foreclose the options that should be open to all because they feel they offend their beliefs.

I want government out of our lives so that I can live my religion freely and encourage others to serve God as well. I don't believe that's possible if the government forces anything. But I don't think acknowledging God is forcing it on anyone. Nor do I think we should completely ignore His hand in our lives.

I'm a Catholic, to me I firmly Believe that Religion and Government shouldn't be mixed.. But that doesn't mean Mentioning God, for example; The Dollar Bill, Quarters, When taking Oath using a Bible, Nobody is forcing your kids to Say the Pledge Allegiance..
Etc..etc..

But What i'm talking about is Using Religion to decide on a Bill or Law. For example Gay Marriage and Abortion.

What do Christians want? Well, In my own opinion, you do your thing and I do my thing, I don't care or treat you different if you were Atheist, Muslim or a Jew.. But I do have a problem when it involves hurting someone or forcing Religion on someone, that's when I have a problem with other people..

Then again, My old Priest told me I was more of a Progressive Catholic, to me I have no idea what he meant by that..

(Being Pro-Life doesn't make you a Religious Fanatic or using the Bible excuse, It's a whole complete Subject.)

Last edited:
Why?

If we can come to know and understand each other a little better, why does that make you sad?

Immie

That's very sweet Immie. I've been discussing separation of church and state, whether the US is a secular government or a Christian state, the rise of domionism and theocracy movements, mega churches organizing to oppose civil marriage equality and whether Christianity is a superior religion to Islam or not.

What I've decided to do is stick to Buddhism and let Christians figure out what they're about.

It's more important to me to live in peace than argue.

If your behavior reflected that I might believe you yet all I see you do is take every opportunity to can to try to stereotype Christians as evil, murderous, roving gangs of mind nappers.

Sky Dancer does that? I know I have not read all her posts, but, I don't recall that being the case.

Immie

That's very sweet Immie. I've been discussing separation of church and state, whether the US is a secular government or a Christian state, the rise of domionism and theocracy movements, mega churches organizing to oppose civil marriage equality and whether Christianity is a superior religion to Islam or not.

What I've decided to do is stick to Buddhism and let Christians figure out what they're about.

It's more important to me to live in peace than argue.

If your behavior reflected that I might believe you yet all I see you do is take every opportunity to can to try to stereotype Christians as evil, murderous, roving gangs of mind nappers.

Sky Dancer does that? I know I have not read all her posts, but, I don't recall that being the case.

Immie

Thank you Immie.

I have been critical about some Christian political action, such as Dominion Theology and the way that the LDS and Catholic Church poured money into the state of California to defeat marriage equality.

I made a bold statement that I get more grief from Christians than I do from Muslims and that was highly offensive to some people. That view was considered 'Christian bashing'.

It happens to be my truth. Right Wing Christians impact my life more than Muslims. I've been with my partner for 25 years and we barely had the opportunity to marry when the Christian right came in and shut it down in our state.

Yes. I have a political greivance with those out of state Christians who interfered in the marriage equality act, a California state rights issue.

Last edited:
and your take on Buddists using thier religion as a political force is ?

It's completely against the teachings of the Buddha. The monks are committing grave misconduct.

so these people who call themselves Buddhists are really not a good example of what Buddhism is all about ?

There are times when I would state that some Christians who insert their faith into politics are not good examples of Christianity.

At times, I am not a good examples of Christianity.

Immie

It's completely against the teachings of the Buddha. The monks are committing grave misconduct.

so these people who call themselves Buddhists are really not a good example of what Buddhism is all about ?

There are times when I would state that some Christians who insert their faith into politics are not good examples of Christianity.

Immie

I'm not always a good example of a Buddhist either. I have attachment to certain political issues, like marriage equality, a lack of patience sometimes and a Irish temper to match. I'm a street scrapper from Brooklyn.

Some things hurt me that gets me gnarly. When I post a quick rebuttal, I'm not always skillful in my speech.

Last edited:

Immie

I'm not always a good example of a Buddhist either. I have attachment to certain political issues, like marriage equality, a lack of patience sometimes and a Irish temper to match. I'm a street scrapper from Brooklyn.

Some things hurt me that gets me gnarly. When I post a quick rebuttal, I'm not always skillful in my speech.

Then you should realize that it happens to the best Christians too. :razz:

Immie

I'd like to replicate Sky Dancer and Immie and spread them all over.

Me, not so much. I think one of me is enough, LOL.

Can I ask a favor?

Please if you clone me, modify my temper. It needs a lot of work. If I could just master it, I might be a pretty cool person and maybe even a decent witness for Christ.

Immie

What do you mean by Christ not wanting anyone to be controlling his followers? Who is controlling you?

I think it's pretty clear no American wants to be controlled by some special interest group.

Too often when laws are passed that allow for some "freedom" or "right," There is pressure placed on the church to allow it within the membership of the church. When the church preaches against abortion, the church and believers become haters of people who are pro abortion. The church is not "haters" of any such people. When the laws allow for gay marriage, and the church preaches against homosexuality, the church becomes haters of gays. Christians are not gay haters. Pressure has been yielded to by many churches to allow gay married membership. Some have bowed down to that pressure. The church is changing because of laws that make immorality a right.

Jesus did not establish the Christian church. He established the Kingdom of God which is His followers. They are to abide by His plan, and His plan only. Believers would not vote to allow gay marriage because Jesus would not do so. Common sense explains that statement. Believers would not vote in favor of abortion, that is murder. Believers will not vote to allow many of the things that have become required, in writing or in "political correctness."

Back on topic, Christians want to be free to be Christians. According to the Bible, that would be anywhere, and anytime, when the motives are righteous.

Forum List

Back