What do Christians and Liberals have in common?

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
I was listening to some youtube video about politics and some girl interviewed a liberal and he said that some parties are concerned about evil corporations. Well he didn't say the word evil but the tone was there but it made me think how judgmental liberals and Christians are. Christians see the world divided between good and evil based on their own religious beliefs while liberals see the same division that is often not based on any religious dogma whatsoever. In fact it seems like it is based on their political doctrine verses and religioius doctrine.

Look at an issue like racism. Racism is immoral in christian and all other belief structures including liberal and if you think that modern liberalism doesn't resemble a religion then ask yourself why being a liberal means being non-racist, kind to the poor, care about others, or just an overall RIGHTIOUS* and HOLY person which is the same character traits we can associate with someone who belongs to a religion such as Islam, Christianity, Judaism, and etc.

A Modern liberal no longer defines himself solely by their political beliefs such as believing the three branches of government but has expanded it to their own personal moral dogma such as hating the rich or hating racism. And like all religions modern liberalism needs a centerpoint that is the source of their beliefs much like all christians need to believe God and Jesus are their centerpoint and since liberal includes politics as well as personal dogma the centerpoint becomes the state since politics revolves around the state itself.

Last edited:
That no racism aspect of Christianity does not seem to apply to semetic people aside from the Jews now does it?

I was listening to some youtube video about politics and some girl interviewed a liberal and he said that some parties are concerned about evil corporations. Well he didn't say the word evil but the tone was there but it made me think how judgmental liberals and Christians are. Christians see the world divided between good and evil based on their own religious beliefs while liberals see the same division that is often not based on any religious dogma whatsoever. In fact it seems like it is based on their political doctrine verses and religioius doctrine.

Look at an issue like racism. Racism is immoral in christian and all other belief structures including liberal and if you think that modern liberalism doesn't resemble a religion then ask yourself why being a liberal means being non-racist, kind to the poor, care about others, or just an overall RIGHTIOUS* and HOLY person which is the same character traits we can associate with someone who belongs to a religion such as Islam, Christianity, Judaism, and etc.

A Modern liberal no longer defines himself solely by their political beliefs such as believing the three branches of government but has expanded it to their own personal moral dogma such as hating the rich or hating racism. And like all religions modern liberalism needs a centerpoint that is the source of their beliefs much like all christians need to believe God and Jesus are their centerpoint and since liberal includes politics as well as personal dogma the centerpoint becomes the state since politics revolves around the state itself.

Many Christians have no problem with slavery. Can you own slaves and not be racist?:eusa_pray:

I believe in Christ, and Im conservative. But anyway, what alot of people call racism isn't even racism, lol. If a "minority" get offended they will autimatically claim racism. And you summed it up by saying Liberals think of politics as thier own moral dogma., Good post. you should read my post of "I think our god isnt God...." You might think it is interesting.

• Banned

Many Christians have no problem with slavery. Can you own slaves and not be racist?:eusa_pray:

I would like to know what christian has ever proposed slavery laws? I know you can find a christian living 200 years ago who believed that but I can find a ton of democrats from the same period who did the same thing. Either way, those people are seperate from the people living now.

• Banned
What do Christians and Liberals have in common?

being a liberal means being non-racist, kind to the poor, care about others, or just an overall RIGHTIOUS* and HOLY person

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know. I laughed to but my point is a liberal sees himself as 'holy' if he attunes himself to his dogma just like a christian, muslim, or orhadox jew might. Which is why their political identity makes them feel inclined to believe themselves to be a moral superior person.

• Banned
Knee jerk answer: About as much as Christians and Conservatives have in common.

Christianity is inherently apolitical. That's part of why it survives adapts, and flourishes no matter what society it finds itself in. If folks really want to make the case that being a Christian means you shouldn't vote for party X, they're in for an epic fail. Both parties support and facilitate things no Christian has a part in supporting.

I would like to know what christian has ever proposed slavery laws? I know you can find a christian living 200 years ago who believed that but I can find a ton of democrats from the same period who did the same thing. Either way, those people are seperate from the people living now.

the bible that Christians are taught from says slavery is fine, just treat em decent.

I believe in Christ, and Im conservative. But anyway, what alot of people call racism isn't even racism, lol. If a "minority" get offended they will autimatically claim racism. And you summed it up by saying Liberals think of politics as thier own moral dogma., Good post. you should read my post of "I think our god isnt God...." You might think it is interesting.

OK. I will have to find the link for your post.

Once you believe that your own political dogma gives you a kind of moral authority over the people then that gives anyone an incredible power over everyone else who is not attuned to that political philosophy.

BTW, did you know that the progressives often ran on being the moral conscience of the nation? Isn't that interesting...

I'm Liberal and I'm a Christian. IMO, Christ was more Liberal than Conservative. We see it in the way he acted and the teachings from him. I encourage you all to go to http://liberalslikechrist.com/ '

To me, It seems like the Christian Right have corrupted the Religion as a whole. All they care about (Again, not all but most) is money and membership.

Once you believe that your own political dogma gives you a kind of moral authority over the people then that gives anyone an incredible power over everyone else who is not attuned to that political philosophy.

BTW, did you know that the progressives often ran on being the moral conscience of the nation? Isn't that interesting...

No more interesting than "conservatives" running on being fiscally responsable.

the bible that Christians are taught from says slavery is fine, just treat em decent.

Show me the verse and show me where any living christian proposed slavery?

No more interesting than "conservatives" running on being fiscally responsable.

No less honest than people saying they were responsible for a balanced budged and brag about that they can fix it and then double it within five minutes of getting into office.

I'm Liberal and I'm a Christian. IMO, Christ was more Liberal than Conservative. We see it in the way he acted and the teachings from him. I encourage you all to go to http://liberalslikechrist.com/ '

To me, It seems like the Christian Right have corrupted the Religion as a whole. All they care about (Again, not all but most) is money and membership.

I didn't know that Jesus was into politics. Did he believe in the three branches of government? Did he believe in free enterprise vs communist utopia.

You are free to practice your own religion as you see fit but don't jam your christian ways onto others by 'legislating christian laws' into our nation. Now where did I get that phrase from????

BTW, the fact that you compared liberalism with a religion such as christianity only proves what I was trying to say in my original post.

Last edited:

A lot of the Christian Right reminds me of the pre-Reformation Papacy. They've gotten political power and they like it.

Political Power always corrupts a religion. It corrupted the Mother Church in Europe, its corrupted Islam in the Middle East, its corrupted Judaism repeatedly in history....

That's why its best to keep religion out of politics, and vice versa. Mixing the two destroys both.

I didn't know that Jesus was into politics. Did he believe in the three branches of government? Did he believe in free enterprise vs communist utopia.

You are free to practice your own religion as you see fit but don't jam your christian ways onto others by 'legislating christian laws' into our nation. Now where did I get that phrase from????

I have no intrest in debating Religion and/or Christianity at all. I am at a time in my life where I don't even know if I believe in God. But from reading the Bible, I have gotten the Idea that Jesus was a Liberal. I would encourage you to read the link provided.

Jesus WASN'T into Politics but he did rail against the Rich and Help the Poor..Does that sound more Liberal or Conservative?

A lot of the Christian Right reminds me of the pre-Reformation Papacy. They've gotten political power and they like it.

Political Power always corrupts a religion. It corrupted the Mother Church in Europe, its corrupted Islam in the Middle East, its corrupted Judaism repeatedly in history....

That's why its best to keep religion out of politics, and vice versa. Mixing the two destroys both.

Again, comparing religious movement with political movements which only shows that liberalism is a religion since the comparison was so easily thought of by yourself.

New Topics

Forum List

Back