What Direction The GOP?

Orange_Juice

Jul 24, 2008
Will they continue to be a bunch of anti-state libertarian cranks, or will they see reality, that big government is here to stay and they might as well try and make it run right and not simply try and run up huge debts the nation will have to bear the burden of for at least decades

Will they continue to be a bunch of anti-state libertarian cranks, or will they see reality, that big government is here to stay and they might as well try and make it run right and not simply try and run up huge debts the nation will have to bear the burden of for at least decades

I SUSPECT that the GOP has the same problem the DEMS have...the party is controlled by a very limited group of insiders whose primary interest (aside from winning elections, of course) is to stay the course of the haves having more and the working classes paying for it.

I know a LOT of grass roots Republicans no less disgusted with their party and the directions it has taken this nation, than a LOT of old time Dems.

If we watch the growth of the independent/unaffiliated/undeclared party, what you see is the ranks of the unaffiliated and DISENFRANCHISED are mostly former loyal Rs or Ds.

We are rushing headlong toward national bankrupsy thanks to BOTH PARTIES' LEADERSHIP.

You partisans (those of you who get nothing for being so, I mean, some of you are being perfectly rational being team players, of course) are freaking idiots in my never humble opinion.

Why should anyone agree with something that is wrong? Your big government that you are willing to accept is a bigger waste of money in and of itself than anything it does.

Why should anyone agree with something that is wrong? Your big government that you are willing to accept is a bigger waste of money in and of itself than anything it does.

That is the $64 Trillion dollar debate isn't it?

What do we cut and what do we fund and why?

Here's how it's done correctly.

The Federal Government is supposed to be the weakest.

The republican ideal is to have local government be the most powerful.

why?

Because we know where these local officials live. If thwy screw up with our money we can really hold them accountable.

The Federal Gov't is too big and powerful. They are holding us responsible for what they do.

This is backwards. I want the ability to light my torch or carrty my pitchfork and head down to town hall and run these people out of town.

What we have now is Soviet Lite.

Yeah...well you told me your ideal goal for government, but your plan lacks -- how shall I say? -- DETAIL?

Specifically how do we go from what we have to what you want?

Have a candidate come along to start cutting big govt would be the best thing this country could have happen to it.

No one can agree on what constitutes "big government".

Liberals want to spend public resources on retirement insurance and health insurance for old people, and universal healthcare for everyone else.

Conservatives want massive Pentagon budgets, trillion dollar wars with Iraq, some of them pray for war with Iran, and expensive and ineffective missile defense shields.

The GOP is as responsible for big government as the Democrats. I don't know of any "anti-state libertarian cranks" with any power inside the GOP.

The truth is we'll never go down from where we are, only OUT. The federal government will not voluntarily grow smaller or cede power. It will, in fact, continue to get even larger: both Obama and McCain have this planned.

The USA is like a tick: it will get bigger, bigger, bigger and then POP!

Forum List

Back