What Direction Do You Think The World Is Going?

What Direction Do You Think the World is Going?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coloradomtnman

Rational and proud of it.
Oct 1, 2008
Denver
With which statement do you most agree?

A. Civilization, the environment, and the planet are all doing very well, and only getting better.

B. Civilization is progressing; however, the environement is suffering, but everything will be alright.

C. Civilization is a little better than it has been in the past, but the environment is fine and everything will be alright.

D. Civilization is no better than it ever was, and the environement is at risk. Life on planet Earth could be threatened if we don't change our ways.

E. Civlization is killing the environment and we're all screwed. Its too late now.

F. Civilization is a motley patchwork of inhumane abuses of power, exploitation, and very little positivity; however, the environment is fine.

G. Civilization has made progress, but we could all see mass extinctions, including ourselves, if we don't make better progress in regards to the environment.

None of the above. Civilization seems hell bent on the tyrrany of the majority. And the only thing wrong with the environment is that there are too many idiots trying to use it to give them the opportunity to run said tyrrany

the inevitable end is a one world government, either instituted before the next world war as a savior from it, or after WW3 as no country now in power will be left with much, and power consolidation will be trivial. If you listen to the elites now like rockefeller, my first option will come true and its their life goal.

environment is ok. Even if we won't care about planet - planet will care about itself and about us =)

Civilization is progressing...

Last edited:
I choose "E" and "G". Given the fact that the Earth could be destroyed by a Ten mile wide asteroid at
any given moment.

Also the Earths population continues to grow, and basic human needs, such as clean drinking water
and food, are going to be harder to obtain for the average human.

i choose "e" and "g". Given the fact that the earth could be destroyed by a ten mile wide asteroid at
any given moment.

Also the earths population continues to grow, and basic human needs, such as clean drinking water
and food, are going to be harder to obtain for the average human.

holy shit

look up dude!!!!!!!!!!

I vote for H.- Civilization is steadily declining and the environment will be here long after we are gone.

It has survived countless Ice Ages, crushing glaciers, wildfires, heat waves, super volcanoes, asteroid strikes, earthquakes, floods, and eons of cosmic bombardment...

Entire seas, like the one that covered two-thirds of North America, have come and gone...reformed and dissipated...then returned in the form of ice sheet, only to retreat once again.

And the environment has not only survived, it has flourished.

We overestimate our significance.

It is the height of arrogance to even suggest we are a mild annoyance.

Last edited:
I vote for H.- Civilization is steadily declining and the environment will be here long after we are gone.

It has survived countless Ice Ages, crushing glaciers, wildfires, heat waves, super volcanoes, asteroid strikes, earthquakes, floods, and eons of cosmic bombardment...

Entire seas, like the one that covered two-thirds of North America, have come and gone...reformed and dissipated...then returned in the form of ice sheet, only to retreat once again.

And the environment has not only survived, it has flourished.

We overestimate our significance.

It is the height of arrogance to even suggest we are a mild annoyance.

I would agree with you that we humans tend to place to much importance on our own significance, with regards to our place here on the Earth. We are the only species that
extracts large quantities of minerals from the Earth, and we pollute its environment a lot more than any other animal.

We must try to regain the balance we once had with the Earth. Our deal with the unpleasant consequences in the future.

the inevitable end is a one world government, either instituted before the next world war as a savior from it, or after WW3 as no country now in power will be left with much, and power consolidation will be trivial. If you listen to the elites now like rockefeller, my first option will come true and its their life goal.

The ultamate end is in fact, a one world government, however world war would not be the beginning of it, unless some outside factor is involved. If a one world government was formed, it would quickly be split by corruption and dissolve into warring factions.

However civilization is not getting worse. yes, on the short term, it is getting worse and i expect it to over the next years. but sooner or later revolution happens, a world power, (not world government) will arise and bring prosperity until it too falls down from corruption. the only thing that is progressing is our technology. The environment is not being destroyed is is merely reaching its capacity, and once we get close enough we'll take decisive action. this might mean world wars, huge reformations or colinization. This planet will not be destroyed while we are on it.

Technology will be what allows us to bring about the most peaceful solutions; colinization or reformations. Colinization is obvious due to current space limitations. Reformations will be changing our manufacturing and wastefulness tendencies as well as making the most energy efficient machinery. there are no real limitations in way to reform the world.

We are seeing a democratization of the planet. Television and the internet make it almost impossible to lie anymore. What happened with the Iranian election is a perfect example.

It is a slow process, but civilization is improving.

Forum List

Back