What did your childhood bedroom look like??

Just a room. Once I left home at age 11 I lived in a home and it was totally institutionalized. 4 to a room and bunk beds and a little space you called you own. It was totally organized all the time, some memories huh.

We were kind of crowded most of the time I was growing up, so I didn't even get my own room until I was 14. Once I got it... Posters. Everywhere. And I mean everywhere. There were few blank spots on my wall. Mostly baseball and football, but there were a couple of Def Leppard picures, and a small poster from the bicentennial I got several years earlier.

Unfortunetly, my room also doubled as a bit of a storage room. So I ended up with a bunch of crap boxed up in the corners and along the walls. Oh well. I was just happy to have my own space.

Mine was very organized, but I had tons of posters, one of Easy Rider, an Ozzy, a Dokken, Bang Tango, Metalica, etc....Green shag carpeting and lime green ceiling..Some black light posters, many stuffed animals, no dolls I hated them, they scared me :( A lava lamp and a few other mood lights.....A huge cactus that I put lights on and a fake palm tree.

Mine was very organized, but I had tons of posters, one of Easy Rider, an Ozzy, a Dokken, Bang Tango, Metalica, etc....Green shag carpeting and lime green ceiling..Some black light posters, many stuffed animals, no dolls I hated them, they scared me :( A lava lamp and a few other mood lights.....A huge cactus that I put lights on and a fake palm tree.

Mine had a bunkbed that my brother shared, a huge closet full of toys in the day and monsters at night, and a window that had at least an inch of frost on the inside all winter long. A well placed mirror allowed me to watch TV in the living room--way past my bedtime !!! :happy2:

When I was 'young' I had alphabet wallpaper, an oriental rug over oak floors. Then my parents updated. Got gold shag wall to wall and sunshine walls. The ceiling was white, but they left the oak trim at the ceiling and floor.

In jr. high I got them to remove the closet door and beads were used to separate. Lots of posters too, Bonnie. Cat Stevens :kicks self: , The Doors, The Abbey Road, etc. Even though then, in my 'liberal persona,' I had a poster of "First they came for..."

I had lots of incense and burners, hell we went to 'Old Town' all the time. :laugh:

When I was 'young' I had alphabet wallpaper, an oriental rug over oak floors. Then my parents updated. Got gold shag wall to wall and sunshine walls. The ceiling was white, but they left the oak trim at the ceiling and floor.

In jr. high I got them to remove the closet door and beads were used to separate. Lots of posters too, Bonnie. Cat Stevens :kicks self: , The Doors, The Abbey Road, etc. Even though then, in my 'liberal persona,' I had a poster of "First they came for..."

I had lots of incense and burners, hell we went to 'Old Town' all the time. :laugh:

Cat Stevens huh? I had a Doors poster, no incense burner, the beads, very Brady K :teeth:

Just a room. Once I left home at age 11 I lived in a home and it was totally institutionalized. 4 to a room and bunk beds and a little space you called you own. It was totally organized all the time, some memories huh.

Mine was regimented from Day One. Everything in its place unless in use. After I joined the Marine Corps, I realized I'd been a recruit living a barracks room for 17 years.

Made adjustment to military life a moot issue with me, but as you say, the memories aren't great.

Mine was regimented from Day One. Everything in its place unless in use. After I joined the Marine Corps, I realized I'd been a recruit living a barracks room for 17 years.

Made adjustment to military life a moot issue with me, but as you say, the memories aren't great.

oh Rah! Yeah I know the feeling clearly

Forum List

Back