What did you have for dinner?

What's that special Mexican fish called? It has shall I say, acquired taste, not everyone likes it, I had it once in Texas and I didn't like it.

I have no idea. Don't think I've ever had fish in a Mexican meal. Only shrimp.

Matter of fact I'd never had a tamal before these. :)

The only "special" fish I can think of is a Korean dish called "dog penis".
I'm not even making that up.

I'm still trying to think what that Mexican fish is called.

Mr. Lucy got me a bag of sand today :smile: Earlier I had chocolate ice-cream and Dill pickles together, good stuff.
Ceviche?

No but I just remember, I've been trying to remember for 24 hours, so this is great relief....it's Tilapia and it has a very strange taste, I usually like fish, which is why I decided to eat some in Texas....I was told beforehand by my friend that I might not like it, as it's acquired taste....so I only had small piece and disgusting, so I didn't eat the rest....and obviously to comfort myself I ordered nice ice-cream instead!

Here's picture of Tilapia....yuk :crybaby:

1101614.jpg

Are you sure that was tilapia not a sushi?

I can't think of a more innocuous, inoffensive fish than tilapia. If anything it's too plain.

Hey Looooosey.... I'm gonna make my famous sauteed/steamed vegetable and rice plate I gave you the recipe for when you were preparing to feed those Scottish gluten-free guests ---- how did that all work out?

I have no idea. Don't think I've ever had fish in a Mexican meal. Only shrimp.

Matter of fact I'd never had a tamal before these. :)

The only "special" fish I can think of is a Korean dish called "dog penis".
I'm not even making that up.

I'm still trying to think what that Mexican fish is called.

Mr. Lucy got me a bag of sand today :smile: Earlier I had chocolate ice-cream and Dill pickles together, good stuff.
Ceviche?

No but I just remember, I've been trying to remember for 24 hours, so this is great relief....it's Tilapia and it has a very strange taste, I usually like fish, which is why I decided to eat some in Texas....I was told beforehand by my friend that I might not like it, as it's acquired taste....so I only had small piece and disgusting, so I didn't eat the rest....and obviously to comfort myself I ordered nice ice-cream instead!

Here's picture of Tilapia....yuk :crybaby:

1101614.jpg

Are you sure that was tilapia not a sushi?

I can't think of a more innocuous, inoffensive fish than tilapia. If anything it's too plain.

Hey Looooosey.... I'm gonna make my famous sauteed/steamed vegetable and rice plate I gave you the recipe for when you were preparing to feed those Scottish gluten-free guests ---- how did that all work out?

People has different kind of fish preferences....... I don't like mackerel and tuna.
Your recipe taste good to me but I do not have Scottish guest.

Actually lots of Mexican restaurants use tilapia on their fish tacos because of abundance and least expensive.

Sautéed Tilapia Tacos with Grilled Peppers and Onion - 12 Fish Taco Recipes - Cooking Light

Yes, but a PROPER fish taco must be Dorado. (Mahi Mahi)

Mahi mahi taste better.

Which one though?

I thought there's only one kind of (dorado) mm.

No, I mean which one -- the Mahi or the Mahi?

I like to know if I'm getting primary or secondary.

:eusa_shifty:

Actually lots of Mexican restaurants use tilapia on their fish tacos because of abundance and least expensive.

Sautéed Tilapia Tacos with Grilled Peppers and Onion - 12 Fish Taco Recipes - Cooking Light

Yes, but a PROPER fish taco must be Dorado. (Mahi Mahi)

Mahi mahi taste better.

Which one though?

I thought there's only one kind of (dorado) mm.

No, I mean which one -- the Mahi or the Mahi?

I like to know if I'm getting primary or secondary.

:eusa_shifty:

I have no clue what you are talking about Pogo...... maybe Google might help you.

Holy shit. Really? :eusa_doh:

..... Skip it.
You were an asshole...in a good friendly way... I laughed my as off...

Well there's a mixed message if I ever seed one.
My answer would have been to you when I got the joke "asshole" and laughing. When you are in a bar with friends and they crack a joke on you, you say: "assholes" to your friends in a friendly way and you all laugh.... that's what I meant.

..... Skip it.

My answer would have been to you when I got the joke "asshole" and laughing. When you are in a bar with friends and they crack a joke on you, you say: "assholes" to your friends in a friendly way and you all laugh.... that's what I meant.

Uh ... huh.
Guess I don't hang in them kinda bars....

Must be a Noo Yawk thing.

..... Skip it.

Uh ... huh.

Not necessarily a New York thing, it happens in N.C. also. I spent some time there.

Nothing. But I might have lunch! Progresso soup or some lunch meat with gluten free bread, till tomorrow. I lost my job in 2013 because of Obama's health care program. We all want to help the POOR so that the rest of us middle class can lose whatever we have to support them. YEAH. Obama and you liberals can relate to THAT.

..... Skip it.

Uh ... huh.

Not necessarily a New York thing, it happens in N.C. also. I spent some time there.

Nnnnnnot around here it doesn't. But it's a big and very diverse state.

I had a GF who grew up in Nork (Newark to the rest of us) and lived in NYC, and she would do that to me once in a while. But I thought it was something she made up.

Forum List

Back