What did you have for dinner?

Yes we in Austria and our kin in Bayern call it Fasching, this is our Carnival season, then the Rhinelanders refer to it as Karneval.

I specifically mentioned the Basler Fasnacht, because Fasnacht is what the Schweizerdeutsch refer to it, the Swiss Germans, who of course the Schweizerdeutsch are the majority population in Switzerland.
Fasching starts today!

a fine topic!

/—-/ If plant food is so gud, why do you pretend it’s fish or meat? Ever see us normal people try to make steak look and taste like broccoli?

You're debating on a what's for dinner thread??? :lol: 🤦‍♀️

But since you brought it up, most people have to add seasonings (which are plantbased) and fry up your chopped up body parts to make it taste good. I don't necessarily agree that animal flesh tastes good in and of itself. :dunno: And I definitely was not pretending it was crab, I find it disgusting to think of eating an animal that looks like a spider or a cockroach. :laugh:

It was a great week for tasty food.

As we started to celebrate my Beatles birthday, we had some tasty fare.

A few days in St Augustine started to celebration. Here is our dinner at a great little place we know.
20240213_170331.jpg

20240213_170337.jpg

Fresh shrimp deliciousness!

And the best of my birthday week was this meal we made at home.
20240216_181150.jpg

A tasty steak, medium rare with an excellent sear, a nice piece of fried fish with a Keto friendly crust, and pan seared scallops. Not shown is the vegetable plate (main plate was full). Fried cabbage and steamed broccoli.

But since you brought it up, most people have to add seasonings (which are plantbased) and fry up your chopped up body parts to make it taste good. I don't necessarily agree that animal flesh tastes good in and of itself. :dunno: And I definitely was not pretending it was crab, I find it disgusting to think of eating an animal that looks like a spider or a cockroach. :laugh:
/—-/ Enjoy your daily diet of bugs.

Crabs are basically water spiders

Lately, in an effort to keep my carbs down (diabetes), one of my new favorite meals is a Big Mac salad. Not the most nutritious meal, but also not bad -- and very low in carbs. Of course the meat is Beyond Beef or Impossible

Are crabs basically insects?

Crustaceans are not insects. But the science community has realized that insects are probably crustaceans,” she said. Both insects and crustaceans are arthropods, characterized by segmented bodies, exoskeletons and legs with joints. Genomic studies have revealed that the two groups have a common ancestor.Feb 18, 2020

Last night I made 'chikn' fettuccine Alfredo which was delicious and hit the spot.

Since there's some left, I think I'm going to have the leftovers tonight. :) Mebbe I'll make a salad to go with it.

Forum List

Back