What did you do on the beautiful Saturday?

Cleaned out the storage shed. We're getting a new one delivered on Monday. Here's pretty much how it went. I threw away about 1/3 of the stuff because it was just crap that needed to be thrown away. 1/3 of the stuff is highly suspect as being just crap and not worth keeping. I will throw that stuff away tomorrow. 1/3 of the stuff is actually things that are useful and have a purpose. However, the 1/3 of stuff that I will be keeping isn't worth the price of the new storage shed. What's a guy to do?

Parkinson's law. Stuff accumulates to fill the available space. In six weeks you will have it full, I guarantee it.

I did this for 4 hours with my daughter and some friends:

View attachment 10641

Then tonight, listen to my friends band and do this:

IMG_2281.jpg

can I be that bottle?

Got a late start, had good intentions but ended up playing soccer and catching fireflies with the neighborhood kids who all ended up in my yard. Sunburned nose to the grindstone tomorrow, I swear. :lol:

i went to the beach, at a park near my house...we actually sat on the grass near some trees with some shade....instead of hanging out at the end of the dock....brought beer and sandwiches and watermelon, and had ourselves a nice picnic....

i brought my laptop....but it was hard to see the screen outside....i also brought an afghan i've been crocheting and got about 6 inches more of it done....

it was 79 degrees, a lovely day!

P5244118.JPG

I have always loved jetties, boardwalks or docks, they seem to offer hope, as if they are begging one to another life, to adventure and mystery.

Having been in the Navy I can say often the deliver on that promise.

Last edited:
jw....in the early 1900's and late 1800's this was a dock called Steamboat Jetty....it was the dock for various steamboats but primarily for the Boston, Ma. to Bangor, Maine steamboat.... in the 1930's I believe, the Jetty/Dock was washed away through deterioration from storms....

In the 1970's the Army corp of engineers rebuilt the dock, and is part of this state park.....

My youngest daughter's birthday is this weekend. She wanted me to take her and her sister to the salon to get purple streaks in their hair...so I did. We then went out for chinese food.

Forum List

Back