What Did You Do In The War On Terror, Daddy

Bully, you are blinded by hate. Afford that outraged, grieving father the courtesy of a re-read...

"As Ranger after Ranger told me, they were hitting Aidid's forces and command structure hard. But, the United Nations was actually impeding Ranger missions by offering sanctuary to Aidid's supporters. Your willingness to allow this dangerous situation demonstrates a lack of resolve in supporting the men you sent into battle."

...and then explain to me how you can possibly equate George Bush's strategic battle in a larger war we MUST WIN - with the unconscionable, uncaring actions of that unspeakable prick, Bill Clinton.

Tell me, again, just what invading Iraq had to do with Osama bin Laden, 9/11 and radical Islam.

<blockquote>...the unconscionable, uncaring actions of that unspeakable prick, Bill Clinton...</blockquote>

And talk about being "blinded by hate"...Pot...Kettle...Black...

Actually, I don't hate Bush...He's not worth the effort.

Tell me, again, just what invading Iraq had to do with Osama bin Laden, 9/11 and radical Islam.

For thirty years, we have been at war with an enemy which transcends borders and nationalities. He understands only one language - force. I give Bush credit for recognizing the fact that we must participate in what shall necessarily be a war of protracted duration and scope - an ideological fight to the death on AT LEAST the order of the Soviet menace - a war we MUST win. I admire him for having the guts to prosecute it though the American left - caring only about its quest for power, and not giving a rat's ass about American security, interests, or lives - drags constantly at his heels, grubbing for political hay in every strategic decision he tries to make, and giving the enemy the same kind of hope the Sixties Counterculture gave to a militarily overmatched North Vietnam. Your party and America's enemies have one thing in common: they are both pinning their hopes for survival on the softness of America's spine. How proud you must be.

Bullypulpit said:
<blockquote>...the unconscionable, uncaring actions of that unspeakable prick, Bill Clinton...</blockquote>

And talk about being "blinded by hate"...Pot...Kettle...Black...

Answer a straight question for me if you can, Bully; no knee-jerk comparisons to "Chimpy McBushhitler" - just a straight answer. As a veteran, what do YOU think of Bill Clinton?

Bullypulpit said:
Actually, I don't hate Bush...He's not worth the effort.

The mindset that jumps out of your posts clearly belies your protestations. Your loathing of the man colors your every keystroke.

For thirty years, we have been at war with an enemy which transcends borders and nationalities. He understands only one language - force. I give Bush credit for recognizing the fact that we must participate in what shall necessarily be a war of protracted duration and scope - an ideological fight to the death on AT LEAST the order of the Soviet menace - a war we MUST win. I admire him for having the guts to prosecute it though the American left - caring only about its quest for power, and not giving a rat's ass about American security, interests, or lives - drags constantly at his heels, grubbing for political hay in every strategic decision he tries to make, and giving the enemy the same kind of hope the Sixties Counterculture gave to a militarily overmatched North Vietnam. Your party and America's enemies have one thing in common: they are both pinning their hopes for survival on the softness of America's spine. How proud you must be.

Bush recognizes nothing beyond the range of his narrow, blinkered vision, this a result of his years of ETOH abuse and the cognitive deficits that arise from said abuse and listens to no one beyond the voices in his head. And, SURPRISE!, you still didn't explain what invading Iraq had to do with OBL, 9/11 and radical Islam. And you just can't put down that copy of <i>"Mein Kampf"</i>, can you. Your equivocation of opposition to the misguided, ill-conceived policies of the Bush administration with the goals of "America's enemies" is agit-prop with absolutely no basis in fact to support it...Another exercise in the "Big Lie" that simply doesn't work.

Answer a straight question for me if you can, Bully; no knee-jerk comparisons to "Chimpy McBushhitler" - just a straight answer. As a veteran, what do YOU think of Bill Clinton?

An adulterous, narcissistic swine.

The mindset that jumps out of your posts clearly belies your protestations. Your loathing of the man colors your every keystroke.

Loathing lacks the visceral intensity of hatred and springs from reason rather than emotion, as does hatred. So, in this case, you are correct..I do loathe Bush. But hatred...nah. He just makes me wrinkle my nose.

Bush recognizes nothing beyond the range of his narrow, blinkered vision, this a result of his years of ETOH abuse and the cognitive deficits that arise from said abuse and listens to no one beyond the voices in his head.

Thank you, Doctor. You're aware, aren't you, that you scuttle your own arguments with claptrap like this?

Bullypulpit said:
And, SURPRISE!, you still didn't explain what invading Iraq had to do with OBL, 9/11 and radical Islam.

And this is where your already demonstrably loaded arguments come to die. Focusing on this tree and that, you and the myopic Democrats have lost sight of the forest. Iraq is obviously an effective strategic location from which to carry the fight to the Islamofascists on THEIR soil. Been dodging any airliners recently, Bully?

Bullypulpit said:
And you just can't put down that copy of <i>"Mein Kampf"</i>, can you.

The world HAD "Mein Kampf", and is - therefore - without excuse. Hitler explained, in detail, what he intended to do. In like fashion, can there be any doubt about Islamofascism's feelings about - and designs for - Western Civilization? What's OUR excuse?

Bullypulpit said:
Your equivocation of opposition to the misguided, ill-conceived policies of the Bush administration with the goals of "America's enemies" is agit-prop with absolutely no basis in fact to support it...Another exercise in the "Big Lie" that simply doesn't work.

On the contrary, the invaluable assistance the American left provided to our enemies in Vietnam is a matter of public record. The parallels to the present day are obvious; the left are on the wrong side - AGAIN.

Bullypulpit said:
An adulterous, narcissistic swine.

What do you think the military rank-and-file's opinion of Clinton is - and, why?

Bullypulpit said:
Loathing lacks the visceral intensity of hatred and springs from reason rather than emotion, as does hatred. So, in this case, you are correct..I do loathe Bush. But hatred...nah. He just makes me wrinkle my nose.

Very well, then - I'll make that semantic distinction from now on, if you like. Your posts on almost any given matter are informed, and colored, by your LOATHING of George Bush. Any point you argue should be viewed in that context.

We aren't going to win this war, and Iraq is just a perfect example of how we aren't. Too many people with thier heads stuck in the sand, or up other orifices, oblivious to the intent of the enemy have this retarded, moronic notion that goes directly against the stated goals of the enemy that if we just leave them alone and ignore them, they'll leave us alone.

Kinda like 9/11.

We aren't going to win this war, and Iraq is just a perfect example of how we aren't. Too many people with thier heads stuck in the sand, or up other orifices, oblivious to the intent of the enemy have this retarded, moronic notion that goes directly against the stated goals of the enemy that if we just leave them alone and ignore them, they'll leave us alone.

Kinda like 9/11.

I think we will win the WOT, but will lose at minimum Iraq, perhaps more down the road, by our choices. But something will happen, sometime, to make it imperative that we win, then we will. Seems 9/11 just wasn't enough. NOT that 9/11 had anything to do with Iraq.

I think we will win the WOT, but will lose at minimum Iraq, perhaps more down the road, by our choices. But something will happen, sometime, to make it imperative that we win, then we will. Seems 9/11 just wasn't enough. NOT that 9/11 had anything to do with Iraq.

The danger is that we will be too late at that point....I have great faith in the capability of this country to survive calamity, but even we have our limits. I am not sure we can survive our own politics!

Kinda like 9/11.

I fear you may be right, Gunny. We can be a soft and stupid people.

The danger is that we will be too late at that point....I have great faith in the capability of this country to survive calamity, but even we have our limits. I am not sure we can survive our own politics!

I think we will, but what I do think is the cause will result in a realignment of powers, much like WWI resulted in Europe's loss of real power, though they survived. That is the survival I'm speaking of. I can see the US becoming a lesser power. I think in the intellectual sphere it's already underway.

I think we will, but what I do think is the cause will result in a realignment of powers, much like WWI resulted in Europe's loss of real power, though they survived. That is the survival I'm speaking of. I can see the US becoming a lesser power. I think in the intellectual sphere it's already underway.

I think it's largely up to us, K. Our nation was founded on sound principles - the best. Will we embrace them - protect them? As CSM asks, "Can we survive our own politics"?

Possibly ... every nation rises and falls ....eventually.

Will that help? If the majority have lost the will?

Only on an individual level and only for a short time. The decline of a nation is based on its folkways and mores in practice collectively as it occurs (my opinion here). The individual has choices that include waiting it out and hoping the decline is gradual enough that it wont effect them personally ( though it may effect any progeny) or leaving to another country and maybe even resorting to political or anti-social behavior in the hope of reversing the trend (in vain, I suspect).

Will that help? If the majority have lost the will?

While all the left-wingnuts are poo-pooing it, making condescending remarks, and/or just sticking their heads in the sand, the fact is, when the US leaves the Middle East, it will be only a matter of time that the war comes HERE.

When it does, you better be on my side, or not anwhere near my sights.

Only on an individual level and only for a short time. The decline of a nation is based on its folkways and mores in practice collectively as it occurs (my opinion here). The individual has choices that include waiting it out and hoping the decline is gradual enough that it wont effect them personally ( though it may effect any progeny) or leaving to another country and maybe even resorting to political or anti-social behavior in the hope of reversing the trend (in vain, I suspect).

My tendency is to agree with your assessment. For the same reason, I find myself hoping for an attack that will galvanize the country or perhaps I should say Western world? The attack may not happen here, we are less vunerable, currently. But it only takes a handful, as we found out on the terrible day.

My tendency is to agree with your assessment. For the same reason, I find myself hoping for an attack that will galvanize the country or perhaps I should say Western world? The attack may not happen here, we are less vunerable, currently. But it only takes a handful, as we found out on the terrible day.

Such an attack would provide only temporary respite. A culture change of massive porportions would have to occur to reverse the decline which would seem almost draconian to those living in the country at the time. Talk about extremism!

While all the left-wingnuts are poo-pooing it, making condescending remarks, and/or just sticking their heads in the sand, the fact is, when the US leaves the Middle East, it will be only a matter of time that the war comes HERE.

When it does, you better be on my side, or not anwhere near my sights.

The enemy (terrorists) would be silly not to pursue the advantage would they not? Keep yer powder dry Gunny! As you alluded to before, you get at 500, I'll get the ones that slip through at 200.

Such an attack would provide only temporary respite. A culture change of massive porportions would have to occur to reverse the decline which would seem almost draconian to those living in the country at the time. Talk about extremism!

I agree. Then I look at the most recent elections in Germany and France. I wonder, are many of 'us' starting to get it? The Eastern Europeans, non-Muslim, are way ahead of the curve on us.

Forum List

Back