What did Republicans Get Wrong?

auditor0007

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, OH
Besides everything, they missed the fact that there were Republicans like myself that were fed up with the far right controlling the party, who either voted Democrat like I did this election or just stayed home. If the far right thinks they lost because Romney wasn't conservative enough, then they should definitely double down on moving even further to the right. Of course, they will lose even worse in the future if that is the route they choose.

They fucked up. Mitt Romney can't relate to the majority, and some of his comments were appalling.
Most Republicans seem to be old, white men. That needs to change if they have any hope at all of winning in 2016.

Was it Romney's fault?

Chris Christie?

The "lamestream" media?

Illegal aliens?

Food stamps?

What lessons do you take away from this defeat?

Was it Romney's fault?

Chris Christie?

The "lamestream" media?

Illegal aliens?

Food stamps?

What lessons do you take away from this defeat?

People recognize lies and hypocrisy when they see it, that's why.

I hate to say it, but right now the Right is the bigger of the liars and hypocrites. By far.

Lots of hatred, shades of totalitarianism, sheer stupidity on an unprecedented scale. Republicans had to scoop large handfuls of their brains onto the floor to help Obama win.

Besides everything, they missed the fact that there were Republicans like myself that were fed up with the far right controlling the party, who either voted Democrat like I did this election or just stayed home. If the far right thinks they lost because Romney wasn't conservative enough, then they should definitely double down on moving even further to the right. Of course, they will lose even worse in the future if that is the route they choose.

So auditor, what makes the republican party so far right, I AM far right and they arent with me.....so do list these things

They fucked up. Mitt Romney can't relate to the majority, and some of his comments were appalling.
Most Republicans seem to be old, white men. That needs to change if they have any hope at all of winning in 2016.

So how does that happen? hmmmmm

In 2016, Georgia and Montana will be in play for the Democrats, just from demographic changes, if the Republicans continue with their current "white men only" electoral strategy. The Republican map is shrinking. They have to expand their base, but their current base won't allow it. They've kind of painted themselves into a corner, and are facing a slow slide into becoming a bible-belt-only party.

So auditor, what makes the republican party so far right, I AM far right and they arent with me.....so do list these things

Where should we start?

They hate gays, and refuse to even think about giving them any rights.
They think cutting taxes is a great idea when we already have record deficits and the lowest tax revenues in over 60 years.
They blame the poor for anything they think is wrong, yet they really could give too shits about the single mother or father trying to raise their kids and make ends meet.
They think government has no place doing anything for us unless it is militarily related.

I can go on and on and on. Some of these issues will never change, but sometimes it is the way the party presents them. If you can't see it, then you never will, and you will and the party will continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. You don't have to change core values to understand that sometimes you have to find middle ground to accomplish things.

In 2016, Georgia and Montana will be in play for the Democrats, just from demographic changes, if the Republicans continue with their current "white men only" electoral strategy. The Republican map is shrinking. They have to expand their base, but their current base won't allow it. They've kind of painted themselves into a corner, and are facing a slow slide into becoming a bible-belt-only party.

Virginia might not even be a swing state, it may have gone directly from red to blue.

NC is now a swing state as well. Arizona most likely will be a swing state 4 years from now. 10 years from now SC will be and 20 years from now Texas may be a swing state too. A few states like Missouri and WV will become more red.

Free gubmint stuff which has a price not (yet) seen to those who are paying for it.

But it is coming quick. We are Greece.

You really need to come to terms with the fact that Republicans did not lose the election because people want their free stuff. It took a lot of votes from people who are smarter than that to win this election. Thinking any differently makes you look really stupid.

Forum List

Back