What Did john kerry Do On 9/11?

Psychoblues said:
You're pretty screwed up about Viet Nam, aren't you? There were those of us that believed in America and went whether we really wanted to or not. There were others that avoided Viet Nam service through college deferments, Peace Corps service, etc. There were others that simply left the country to forego involuntary conscription and become participants in a war that they understood to be ethically and morally wrong. There were others that seemed to believe they could "save face" and enlist in units that could not possibly be tasked for duty in Viet Nam. Where in all this do you place GWB? I prefer the intelligence and bravery of our ex-patriot Canadians to the likes of GWB. At least those ex-patriots put their very citizenship on the line. GWB never put anything on the line.

You gotta quit reading those Republican Romance novels, my friend.

Sad, really. Your rabid hatred for Pres. Bush has reduced you to the status of a quibbling apologist for those cowards who refused to stay in this country and protest the Viet Nam war but instead ran off to Canada to hide. I respect those who felt the war was wrong, stayed in this country and took their lumps. But I have nothing but contempt for those expatriate cowards who lacked the courage to fight or to protest and later came skulking back under the auspices of that craven chicken shit Carter.

No, Insein isn't screwed up about the Viet Nam war. Matter of fact he's on target. You're the one who has let blind, irrational hatred skew your thinking to the point that your views are indistinguishable from those of that contemptible swine running for president under the Democratic banner.

Your ludicrous assertion that some enlisted in "in units that could not possibly be tasked for duty in Viet Nam" would be laughable if it weren't so insulting. Which unit can you cite that fits the criteria you stated? Let me answer that for you - there is no such unit and you damn well know it.

What puzzles me most about your attitudes is the fact that you would willingly support a sleaze like kerry. An individual who abused his military service for political purposes, then returned home and abused his comrades with lies and cheap propoganda. A charlatan who helped to prolong the war by giving moral support to our enemy and who was thereby responsible for more American deaths. A hypocrite who today seeks to exploit the Viet Nam veteran once again by appropriating the honorable and distinguished service of RVN vets and claiming it as his own.

As far as "reading those Republican Romance novels" - perhaps you need to get your nose out of those kerry propoganda booklets long enough to let some oxygen get to your brain. You might be surprised how just a few minutes of rational thought and objectivity can change one's viewpoints.

Psychoblues said:
I appreciate the fact that I may have been missed, but 7 minutes does not tell the tale at all does it? What about the next many hours of flying around willy nilly, dodging perceived questions and potential dangers along with several days of non-recognition for the firemen and policemen that gave it all in their perceived protection of their countrymen? Not to mention the thousands that volunteer or not gave it all many years earlier for a war little understood and completely unjustified as history now tells us.

The President has far more important things to do than grant interviews and give people pats on the back in the immediate hours after the attack.

I expect the President was moving around a lot and for good reason. As the person that needs to mack immediate decisions when attacked he needs to not be in danger and certainly not placating to the media. Though I'm sure you would much rather have him stand out with a big red bullseye than anything

It's no secret that I despise GWB. Not for his politics but more for his character. I've been personally damaged by his kind far too often for any excuse whatsoever to absolve them their transgressions. We need a TRUE AMERICAN that has been tried and true to lead folks like me into anything. GWB had me convinced in his original WAR ON TERROR. He lost me in his lies about Iraq.

And this hate of his charcter is what clouds your opinion of the facts. You were never lied to. The President and every other member of govt acted on the same intelligence in their decision to got war. In my opinion intelligence wasn't neccessary simply becasue Sadam had his shot to come clean, many in fact, and blew it. We finally had a President with the balls to do something about it.

As I have invited you before, I again repeat the invitation. Go to the Middle East, or the Far East, or even Western Europe. Live with those people. Absorb some of their culture. Gather some of their "common sense". Appreciate some of their concerns and fears of intervention and occupation. Actually, if handled correctly, intervention and occupation is not necessarily a BAD thing. The shrub has neither the talent or the inclination for education to handle any of that "correctly", IMHO. And he is determined to prove my observations correct, it seems. But somehow he is asking my children and grandchildren to prove him correct. I refuse.

Psychoblues

God Bless America
How would you have handled the occupation differently? and what exactley am i supposed to gain by living in the middle east that is going to make think the US is some big bad monster. I am particularily interested in this "common sense" you speak of. Please elaborate. Perhaps you mean the common sense to disagree with US when were attacking that countries source of oil (France) or the common sense to blow up anybody who doesn't think what you think(Al Queda)

Psychoblues said:
To even compare Mr. Bush's actions on that day to any that were not in that position is ludicrous.

Yes, we should not criticize those that were not in Bush's position that day. But those who were not should not criticize him either. In an unprecedented moment NO ONE knows what they would do if they were president EXCEPT the actual president.

Claiming that Bush's actions were deplorable because he took 7 minutes to finish a story to childre and then get on with gathering information etc. is just sooooooooooooooo ludicrous I can't even fathom a reason for your post.

And if you ever claim that Bush did nothing to recognize the fire and policemen I will call you the liar you are. Perhaps now you are just misinformed. I shall elaborate. He called Guiliani and the head of the fire department within HOURS. You know nothing. He CALLED. My MENTOR, MY FRIEND was with Guiliani when the call came. Bush was there quickly. He held the hand of a father who watched his firefighter son DIE that day. When anthrax struck NBC Bush was the first person other than Guiliani and Pataki who called us.

You are SO completely WRONG.

Worse, you are offensive and ill-informed, you are ignorant of any facts.

Forum List

Back