What did Jesus Say?

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
Matthew 5 King James Version (KJV)
5 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;

24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:

34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.

36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.

37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

The standard the LORD has set for the Christian is higher than former standard - not lower. This is the walk we are called to as believers who follow Jesus Christ. It would be impossible to live this life without the cross. Before the cross we could not. After the cross, we not only can, we must.

As a Zen master once said, upon hearing this, "Very good! I consider whoever said this to be very close to Buddhahood!"

Don't you need to be historically HONEST first?
Don't you need to figure out which historical figure said what, and which parts come from the wicked woman who wrote Q (said to be central source of the farce), or Eusebius the great liar forger, or Constantine, or Roman authority, or any scribe before or after?
Don't you need to know what came from previous mythologies, and scripture a teacher would read from or character would be plagiarized from?

If a Teacher or Rabbi reads from the Torah and you give that teacher credit for that teaching as if they were the source, then you are no longer making that teacher a messenger of the Torah (required to be claimed Moshiach), you are instead making that teacher a thief of the Torah and higher then the source creating a fulfillment of Lucifer.

example: answer this:
Which HISTORICAL christ figure talked about taxes to Rome?
Which christ frollicked half naked in the Jordan with his lover John?
Which christ fled towards Egypt?
Who taught love thy neighbor and be hospitable?

But you HAVE TO define God and define Love.
To often people whether believers or atheists fail to recognize the importance of defining words they use including our use of the English word God then defining that to it's most finite point. Otherwise everyone is arguing over a word they've yet to uniformally define the meaning of and understand.
You know how silly that is?
Love also has to be understood outside emotions.
Which is real love; One who knows something but is affraid to tell you because you will be angry and persecute them, so they hold it back or tell ypu what you want to hear?
-Or-
One who tells ypu what you need to hear?
One who reveals what they know that is unpopular but true that you weren’t studied to know or privy to knowing, so they sacrafice being the unpopular & hated messenger to reveal it to you so you’d be safe?
Not many people really stood up and dared to tell you the facts of life, because they didn’t love you enough to risk doing so or bother to waste energy doing so, and it’s because of how you treat them when they do. Thus it’s you and that human ego who hates yourself and is to blame for not recognizing true love over people using you or people who are silent to your foibles.
Sometimes people can't recognize real love which is unconditional love, from phony love which is riddled with conditions or a facade. For some see people like me as a pain, but real love is willingness to be unpopular and face the sacrifice for the sake of giving you what you need and not what you wish to hear. That's true love, although people don't see it as such or realize it. This sacrifice for the unpopular truth to be proven right in the future is a lesson taught on Chanukah and is in Genesis /And the Torah portion for this is called the "Mikeitz" probably
because =Dan 10:21.
It's one's hardest task in teaching the unpopular truth that won't be recognized as love till the future and time is right. It’s also why Israel is called the suffering servant throughout Isaiah, because to hold the covenant of God and the laws in a world which is riddled with transgression and iniquity is truly a sacrificing task. It’s necessary although to assure the will and promises of God is fulfilled and that the teachings would eventually purify all nations and not just Israel.

Love is sacrifice and giving of self.

Love of God is obedience and submission to God
Love of others is submission to others, even if at your own expense, because it is for the BENEFIT of God and His purposes.

quote:"Love of God is obedience and submission to God"

That's subjective until you define these terms. Remember radicals believe they are and you aren't. Therefore I proved my point, you must define to the most finite point that source and force in life to truly know what is right or wrong, good or bad, without it being subjective.

If the original post is just cutting and pasting from the Bible we may have some plagiarism problems. You are supposed toadd commentary as well. What about Matthew 5 do you wish to discuss?

Don't you need to be historically HONEST first?
Don't you need to figure out which historical figure said what, and which parts come from the wicked woman who wrote Q (said to be central source of the farce), or Eusebius the great liar forger, or Constantine, or Roman authority, or any scribe before or after?
Don't you need to know what came from previous mythologies, and scripture a teacher would read from or character would be plagiarized from?

If a Teacher or Rabbi reads from the Torah and you give that teacher credit for that teaching as if they were the source, then you are no longer making that teacher a messenger of the Torah (required to be claimed Moshiach), you are instead making that teacher a thief of the Torah and higher then the source creating a fulfillment of Lucifer.

example: answer this:
Which HISTORICAL christ figure talked about taxes to Rome?
Which christ frollicked half naked in the Jordan with his lover John?
Which christ fled towards Egypt?
Who taught love thy neighbor and be hospitable?
Jesus Christ is God. He was from the beginning. John Chapter 1. Read it. Jesus Christ is the Word that became flesh.

It is written:
John 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

19 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?

20 And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.

21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.

22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?

23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

24 And they which were sent were of the Pharisees.

25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?

26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;

27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.

28 These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

35 Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;

36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

37 And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.

38 Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest thou?

39 He saith unto them, Come and see. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day: for it was about the tenth hour.

40 One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother.

41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.

42 And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.

43 The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me.

44 Now Philip was of Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter.

45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

46 And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see.

47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!

48 Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.

49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

50 Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these.

51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

If the original post is just cutting and pasting from the Bible we may have some plagiarism problems. You are supposed toadd commentary as well. What about Matthew 5 do you wish to discuss?

That if our hearts are not pure we will not see God. Before the cross we couldn't do it, afterward we must. That is the discussion. Let me give you an example:

We read in Matthew 5: 28 - 30 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

We also read in the same Chapter that the pure in heart shall see God. Is your heart pure if you are looking at a woman with lust and committing adultery in your heart? No. This is why when Christians stand before God at the judgment and say, but LORD! Didn't we prophesy in your name? Didn't we cast out devils in thy name?........... Jesus Christ is going to say - Depart from me ye worker of iniquity I never knew you.

A worker is not someone who did this sin once and repented of it - it is his ways - he is "working at it" continually - he has not confessed the sin that is in his heart. Do you get angry in your own home raging at others with your mouth? Your heart isn't right before God if you are doing such things. It is your WAYS that God is concerned with. Read 2 Chronicles 7:14.

What did King David pray? Let the meditation of my HEART and the words of MY MOUTH be pleasing in thy sight. Is the meditation of your heart and the words of your mouth pleasing in God's sight or do you despise the Word of God and those who declare it? That is the issue you must settle in your own heart.

Who will you submit to, Avatar? The teachings of a false prophet - Joseph Smith - or Jesus Christ who is God?

Last edited:
I thought it was self - evident. Here is my commentary at the bottom. Did you not see it?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

The standard the LORD has set for the Christian is higher than former standard - not lower. This is the walk we are called to as believers who follow Jesus Christ. It would be impossible to live this life without the cross. Before the cross we could not. After the cross, we not only can, we must.

Please see the original OP. Subject, link, commentary is all there.

In my religion the beatitudes are covenant binding.
What is your religion? There is only one faith that produces salvation and eternal life and that is faith in Jesus Christ who is God. If your religion isn't teaching you that Jesus Christ is God? RUN!

As a Zen master once said, upon hearing this, "Very good! I consider whoever said this to be very close to Buddhahood!"
Jesus Christ who is God was before Buddah. Jesus Christ is LORD.

In the Beginning was the Word (Jesus Christ) ..........

Quote:"and the Word was God."

my Answer: this admits he's merely a story, an image through words. Ezekiel 28 says the son of perdition(lucifer) would be an image of a man that would
claiming to be a god who falls to the pit by the hands of the seas (Rome)- acts 2:27,
1 peter 3:19 Jesus fell to the pit by the hands of Rome for claiming to be a god.
You calling him a god when Moshiach is not God and is to be a mere man means you help fulfill him as Lucifer the fallen prophet placed higher then God.
Ezekiel says
This image walked the garden of eden which is why it's the false prophet imaged after the Bel and Mithra mythologies which existed in ancient Persia the location where the 2 rivers meet in the garden.
Jesus in the NT is very popular in Tyre=a prince of Tyre.
Tyre meaning Rock and Jesus and the pope are considered kings of that Rock (Tyre). Tyre us where purple dye came from where rich people used and Jesus was cloked in a purple garment in the NT.
This prince of Tyre is the only prophet ever deemed Ezekiel 28:14-15 the anointed (Christ) Cherub=guardian(Nazarene) who was perfect(sinless). Preachers-pastors use Ezekiel 28 to describe Lucifer without realizing they are describing Jesus since they are the 1/3 Deceived they wouldn't know any better. Perdition means to fall to the pit, jesus is the son who fell to the pit acts2:27, 1 peter 3:19=Jesus is the son of perdition.
The fact you think this image of a failed fallen liberator created the planet and it's inhabitants is mind blowing. How can people be this brainwashed and programed into an image without a spec of reality in what they are saying or believing.
It's scarey to think we trust you people to drive our school buses, make or process our food and run our gov'ts. Yikes!

Too ungenerous to accept a compliment?
If 'truth' exists, wouldn't it be likely that anyone, anywhere might see it? Wouldn't they recognize it in others?

Truth is subjective, especially when people forget to define their shared words which means something different to each culture and individual.
Example; a man standing up points up and he's pointing to the sky. A blind man on a gyroscope facing down points up and is pointing to the ground. UNLESS you know your place and position within your creation your truth will be blind and your truth will be yours alone in your perceptions.

Too ungenerous to accept a compliment?
If 'truth' exists, wouldn't it be likely that anyone, anywhere might see it? Wouldn't they recognize it in others?
If Buddha had received the truth he would have repented of his sins and called upon the name of the LORD Jesus Christ instead of taking Lucifer's path and seeking the praise that belonged to Jesus Christ alone - for himself. There is only one Master and His Name is Jesus Christ. Not Zen, not Buddha, not Mohammad.

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father except through the Son. God isn't sharing his throne with Buddha.

Let us leave Buddha and Buddhism alone. That was not the point, it is an aside, and understanding of it is obviously lacking.

Jesus represents unity, that all is one. Tearing the whole into pieces does nothing to advance humanity.

Truth is subjective, especially when people forget to define their shared words which means something different to each culture and individual.
Example; a man standing up points up and he's pointing to the sky. A blind man on a gyroscope facing down points up and is pointing to the ground. UNLESS you know your place and position within your creation your truth will be blind and your truth will be yours alone in your perceptions.

Truth is subjective? Did you really just say that, HaShev? The truth is that if you jump out of an airplane without a parachute you're going to die. The same is true of leaving this earth without accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Eternal death is optional. God offers you eternal life through His Son, Jesus Christ. It is your free will decision to accept that offer or reject it. See John 12:42 for why the Jewish religious leaders rejected him. It's a sad fact that many prefer the praises of men over the praise of God. Even some of the Jews made that mistake. But certainly not all. The Disciples were Jewish. The first church was Jewish. The Bible is a Jewish Holy Bible. 3/4's of the New Testament was written by a Jew (Paul) who had studied and sat at the feet of Gamaleil. While I respect that you are a Kohenim and a direct descendant of Aaron - you must come to God the same way I did (as a Gentile) through His Son - Jesus Christ. That goes for Shimone too.

Forum List

Back