What did he say?

Feb 28, 2009
"In many ways the campaign in Massachusetts became a referendum not only on health care reform but also on the openness and integrity of our government process. It is vital that we restore the respect of the American people in our system of government and in our leaders. To that end, I believe it would only be fair and prudent that we suspend further votes on health care legislation until Senator-elect Brown is seated."
-- Democrat Senator Jim Webb.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Those Democrats that would like to have a remote chance of getting re-elected are wringing their hands and wondering what they are going to have to do. No more business as usual.:lol:

"In many ways the campaign in Massachusetts became a referendum not only on health care reform but also on the openness and integrity of our government process. It is vital that we restore the respect of the American people in our system of government and in our leaders. To that end, I believe it would only be fair and prudent that we suspend further votes on health care legislation until Senator-elect Brown is seated."

Let the war between the hard left progressive Democrats and the sane Democrats begin!

Break out the band aids folks, it's going to get bloody! :)

Folks want something done. Health care costs are eating the economy alive.

They want something, but they don't want stupid.

• Banned

Let the war between the hard left progressive Democrats and the sane Democrats begin!

Break out the band aids folks, it's going to get bloody! :)
That war's BEEN going on. It's the ONLY thing that's held up the agenda.

I think that sounds very sensible! :thup:

IMO, there needs to be more time for true Health Care Reform to work.

I'd say somewhat conservative Democrats are very concerned right now. I heard Evan Bayh was in trouble and I didn't think that would happen. Perhaps now, he'll actually start by answering his phones instead of sending all calls to voicemail when the public is pissed.

I'd say somewhat conservative Democrats are very concerned right now. I heard Evan Bayh was in trouble and I didn't think that would happen. Perhaps now, he'll actually start by answering his phones instead of sending all calls to voicemail when the public is pissed.
They will calm down in a few days and it will be business as usual, just watch.

Where was Webb when this healthcare debacle began....he was in lockstep with Harry Reid...where was Webb when the "openesss and integrity" was NON EXISTENT since his win in VA. This turncoat is doing nothing more than appeasing his electorate to preserve his seat. Funny how when the Democrats start to see the writing on the wall they all of a sudden get "religion".:lol:

They will calm down in a few days and it will be business as usual, just watch.

Maybe, but they'll do so at their own peril.

Forum List

Back