What Crafts Do You Do For The Holidays?

my cuz had an sca wedding.....you people are strange lol

Depends on your perspective. WE think YOU people are strange. ;)

Seriously, you can't argue with an organization which revolves that much around week-long, drunken parties. And ohmigod, one taste of the apple pie mead that's currently the rage in the SCA would make a believer out of ANYONE.

So here it is, the beginning of October and the opening of the holiday craft season. I went to Hancock's Fabrics and Jo-Ann's Crafts this weekend for their big Hallowe'en sales, and they were crazed. Women with baskets full of fabric bolts for everything from Hallowe'en to New Year's. I can't even imagine planning quite THAT far in advance.

This year, I'm making costumes for my 9-month-old son and my 20-month-old grandson, as well as myself. Thankfully, my 14-year-old has decided he wants to buy a costume, so I don't have that on my list. Quinn, the 9-month-old, is going to be a dragon, and Angel, my grandson, is going to be a mouse. I'll worry about Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's crafts after the costume rush is over.

What sorts of crafts do the rest of you do for the holidays?

Scarves. Every year I make matching scarves for me and my daughter. This year was black and gold, Pittsburgh Steeler style. I used two yarns because there was no mixed blend in a single strand. I tied the two together, grabbed a larger hook and began crocheting. Half double stitch.

REALLY warm.

Update to the thread: I have just completed the first day of a two-day tamale-making binge. The shredded and spiced beef and chicken combo is sitting in the fridge right now, waiting for me to make masa, spread and roll the tamales, and steam them tomorrow. 24 hours from now, I should have a freezerful of delicious Mexican food.

Oh, and I have completed my first two batches of homemade, all-natural massage oil. One is for my own personal use, the other is an edible chocolate massage oil to be given to a friend as a gift.

Update to the thread: I have just completed the first day of a two-day tamale-making binge. The shredded and spiced beef and chicken combo is sitting in the fridge right now, waiting for me to make masa, spread and roll the tamales, and steam them tomorrow. 24 hours from now, I should have a freezerful of delicious Mexican food.

Oh, and I have completed my first two batches of homemade, all-natural massage oil. One is for my own personal use, the other is an edible chocolate massage oil to be given to a friend as a gift.

Oh,,,,,Send me some......Please......

Tamales or massage oil?

Tamales or massage oil?

Decisions decisions............
:confused:

Tamales.

No, massage Oil...

Both?

Forum List

Back