What causes you to have faith in your political party?

Spending and debt have consistently skyrocketed in recent decades with Republicans in office. This is the party I'm told is conservative.

Wars, the Drug War, the Patriot act all have been enormously increased in spending or strength when Democrats are in office. This is the party I'm told is liberal.

This isn't some back-handed way of me promoting one of the smaller parties, but is the reality now that everyone is solely voting against the other party and not really for their party?

Bingo.

The political game is now best described as

The BAD COP/EVEN BADDER COP game.

Like you, I suspect, I no longer have a political party.

That's what happens when all we have for choices are decided by well heeled political parties that leave us to vote for the lesser of two evils rather than a genuine candidate.

Carter cured me of ever taking Dems seriously. Add what the Daleys do in Chicago...
I rarely voted for a liberal.

Bush was a social conservative, and so was much of the GOP. When bush sent checks back to all working Americans I lost my friggin mind. We still had debt/def and he was sending welfare checks to everyone. First time in a long time I was agreeing with dems, then they got power and increased the amount.

So about 10 years ago I gave up on parties. I tried to find one that reflected me, but just gave up.

But I have absolute faith in my party! It's called; Me, Myself and I.

We all know that, according to you, everyone who doesn't march lockstep with your Messiah is a scumbag.

And... if you really believe the majority of 'em have our best interests at heart, then you're an even bigger fool than I had you listed as. That's quite scary.... cuz I had you down on the 'dumbass' list.... I may have to revise that to 'actually dumber than dirt'.

Insults. Demeaning. Sarcasm. Disrespect.

I guess that's all I could expect from you.

BTW, can you point exactly why I stated that? You just said "according to you." So please prove it.

Otherwise...have a nice day CG.

I keep telling you this.... you disrespect others and then bitch when you are disrespected in return.

You prove it with your own posts. Even after your 're-birth' (which was again just following the instructions of your Messiah) you continued to lie, twist and spin. Are you saying you don't even know that your doing it?

On the day that you actually managed to speak respectfully to those who disagree with you politically, I'll treat you with respect.... until that unlikely event, I will continue to treat you with the contempt you deserve.

Yep you will see quite a bit of "they are just as bad as we are" on here in defense of a particular party.

I hold both parties - and anyone who marches lockstep behind either - with equal disdain.... because BOTH have earned it. About the only thing that both parties have in common is that they are as bad as each other.

I don't have any faith in my party.

The only reason I seemingly support them is because I have even less faith in the other party.

I haven't had a party in at least 10 years. What's the point in supporting a private club out for its own interests so my mailbox can be flooded with demands for cash and my vote can be taken for granted?

No, thank you.

I have faith in God. I trust my family. I attend parties. This political stuff is just a bunch of poor choices assembled into power struggles.

Yep you will see quite a bit of "they are just as bad as we are" on here in defense of a particular party.

I hold both parties - and anyone who marches lockstep behind either - with equal disdain.... because BOTH have earned it. About the only thing that both parties have in common is that they are as bad as each other.

I don't really think this is fair. In a situation where someone lies to someone else I view the liar with more disdain than the person who believed the lie. Those of us who have seen the light just need to spread the word in a respectful way.

I've voted Ron Paul and 3rd party candidates the last couple elections fully aware I was wasting my vote. I guess just for some reason I felt obligated to vote, I have a feeling in 2012 I won't find it worth wasting the 5 minutes it takes to complete the process.

Getting home and sitting on my couch for 5 extra minutes is more important to me, how sad is that?

Well I can at least say my eyes have been opened in a good way so far early in this thread. I figured on a political message board it would be a lot of loyal reps and dems.

Virtually nobody here is a Republican. They're all "Independents," who vote straight ticket Republican and think the "Democrat party" is Satan incarnate.

Well I can at least say my eyes have been opened in a good way so far early in this thread. I figured on a political message board it would be a lot of loyal reps and dems.

Virtually nobody here is a Republican. They're all "Independents," who vote straight ticket Republican and think the "Democrat party" is Satan incarnate.

I've seen a lot of this on other boards, it seems to come from a combination of hate for democrats and shame of voting republican so many times and being let down.

I have faith that there are zillions of planets out there, and that all energy is connected throughout the Universe which we will one day learn to fully utilize.

Politics is . <--- that big, to me.

no1 else crazy az mi:(

Hubble_deep_field.jpg

I've seen a lot of this on other boards, it seems to come from a combination of hate for democrats and shame of voting republican so many times and being let down.

Said one blind partisan to another.

Well I think everyone feels a little let down by their party. Perhaps its because resources are more finite than anyone is willing to admit, and no politician has the ability to make everyone happy. Certainly playing a role is the fact that there are powerful people influencing the system who have a vested interest in policies that create human suffering.

In any event, if your expecting your Republican lawmakers to "Just lower taxes and balance the budget!," you are going to be disappointed. The system is far more complicated than the bumper sticker you picked up at Spencer gifts.

Forum List

Back