Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ShackledNation

Libertarian
Jun 16, 2011
California
There are many different theories, but nobody seems to talk about them. Some say it is a fall in aggregate demand. Other's say it is the creation of money. Many believe it is simply an inherent part of capitalism. What do you think? I think this is an important topic to discuss.

I meant to include allow multiple choices in the poll, but forgot.

Last edited:
Because where we are has been primarially caused by overspending on the credit card by individuals, corporations and the government. Credit mostly based on inflated values of real estate and stocks, etc.
And the fact that we have outsourced so much of our jobs to china, mexico, etc.
And we are competing with cheap labor in poor countries around the world, aka globalization.

Our living standards will drop, the only question is how fast and far they will drop.

The buying power of median wage earners in the USA is at the same level it was in 1969 once you figure in inflation.

through human history there have been crashes, panics, recessions,depressions. All are caused by over manipulation of the market

Last edited:
What do you see as the cause of the business cycle?

the business cycle is irrelevant/invalid right now in US economics.
In order to claim our current situation is not part of the business cycle, you must explain what you believe causes the business cycle. You cannot logically exclude something from a category without explaining your prerequisites for said category.

What do you see as the cause of the business cycle?

In order to claim our current situation is not part of the business cycle, you must explain what you believe causes the business cycle. You cannot logically exclude something from a category without explaining your prerequisites for said category.

sure I can, I explained the major causes of why we are where we are and they are not the business cycle per sie.

sure I can, I explained the major causes of why we are where we are and they are not the business cycle per sie.
This topic is about the business cycle, not why we are where we are. For the sake of remaining on topic, please explain what you believe causes the business cycle.

Last edited:
Ohh ok, I will drop out of this economics 101 textbook discussion, sorry.
I thought this was about current reality and not acedemia.

Ohh ok, I will drop out of this economics 101 textbook discussion, sorry.
I thought this was about current reality and not acedemia.
If you don't want to discuss the topic, create a new topic. I have no problem with you leaving if your intention was to be a troll.

The category was economy. I did not realize this was a theoretical discussion limited to definitions of the business cycle.

I think that trolls will be your main bites on this thread.
You might want to try a university board someplace.

Forum List

Back