What can whites do to heal race relations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimb

Rookie
Sep 14, 2016
I am a middle aged white man living in a predominantly white region. I used to think I was not racist at all, but in light of recent black-white tensions in the US, I have taken a close look at myself. While I do not disparage black people, I have been in groups where racist things were said and not spoken out and denounced them. I have also been slow to admit the white priviledge that I have been able to take advantage of my whole life. I now acknowledge that institutional racism exists in this country. I guess I would say I am a recovering racist. I think that most white people fear loss of priviledge and harsh retaliation if blacks gain too much power in our society. Certainly white priviledge would be lost in a society ruled by blacks and other minorities, but that is the goal, a society that does not unfairly advantage whites. I would be more than willing to serve a more subordinate role in society if it meant being able to live in peace and I believe a society with more people of color in authority would be a better society. To hasten this inevitable paradigm shift, I would like to hear from black people what I can do on a daily basis.

Recognize white privilege.

I was pulled over today in one of the projects where we work. The officer first looked at me like I was crazy for being out there, then asked me why I was there, and then told me I ran a stop sign and not to do it again, and let me go.

Tell me that a black person living in that project would have had the same experience.

I am a middle aged white man living in a predominantly white region. I used to think I was not racist at all, but in light of recent black-white tensions in the US, I have taken a close look at myself. While I do not disparage black people, I have been in groups where racist things were said and not spoken out and denounced them. I have also been slow to admit the white priviledge that I have been able to take advantage of my whole life. I now acknowledge that institutional racism exists in this country. I guess I would say I am a recovering racist. I think that most white people fear loss of priviledge and harsh retaliation if blacks gain too much power in our society. Certainly white priviledge would be lost in a society ruled by blacks and other minorities, but that is the goal, a society that does not unfairly advantage whites. I would be more than willing to serve a more subordinate role in society if it meant being able to live in peace and I believe a society with more people of color in authority would be a better society. To hasten this inevitable paradigm shift, I would like to hear from black people what I can do on a daily basis.
Move to a nation with a better infrastructure...China.

I was pulled over today in one of the projects where we work. The officer first looked at me like I was crazy for being out there, then asked me why I was there, and then told me I ran a stop sign and not to do it again, and let me go.

Tell me that a black person living in that project would have had the same experience.

An 18-35 year old black male would have had a problem
A 70 year old retired black female school teacher would have probably been okay.

I work with a guy from Uniondale.
There's an unreported shooting in a night club at least once a week.
Tell me that happens in White neighborhoods.

You can't fight racism with racism. Blacks will have problems for as long as they see through racial filters. It becomes a self fulfilling prophesy. You act up more because you think whitey took your shit and you become suspect because you act up more. I'll treat anyone with respect, but act like a racist bully and you get none.

The main thing is to acknowledge your automatic head start without feeling guilty about it even if its just to yourself. You hit the nail on the head when you said whites fear retaliation. One of your founding fathers said the same thing. Jefferson feared retaliation as well. Albert Einstein said racism was a disease of white people. My view point is that if whites didnt have an inferiority complex they would have never legislated themselves white only affirmative action for over 400 years then get upset when Blacks have partial affirmative action. If they discover and deal with the reasons for their inferiority complex they will be able to stop racism.

I work with a guy from Uniondale.
There's an unreported shooting in a night club at least once a week.
Tell me that happens in White neighborhoods.
Yes it does. All the time.

I am a middle aged white man living in a predominantly white region. I used to think I was not racist at all, but in light of recent black-white tensions in the US, I have taken a close look at myself. While I do not disparage black people, I have been in groups where racist things were said and not spoken out and denounced them.

Neither have I because I don't fucking care. But then, I am only half white so maybe I only need to give half a shit

I've never gotten a break from a cop once in my life and I'm white. Ive always gotten a ticket if pulled over. Not to mention, I've heard if a cop pulls over a black person and only gives them a warning, they more often get called for harassment unless they actualy write them a ticket. were you in a high crime area? maybe he had other priorities that day

I've never gotten a break from a cop once in my life and I'm white. Ive always gotten a ticket if pulled over. Not to mention, I've heard if a cop pulls over a black person and only gives them a warning, they more often get called for harassment unless they actualy write them a ticket. were you in a high crime area? maybe he had other priorities that day
Youre a one off and pretending your experience is the same as all whites. Thats not realistic or factual.

The big question about why police pull over so many black drivers

"A study of Connecticut traffic stops in 2014 and 2015 — among the states with the most recent data — found that 14 percent of traffic stops targeted black drivers, despite them making up only 9 percent of the state’s population. Whites, on the other hand, made up 70 percent of the traffic stops, but about 80 percent of the population. They also found the racial disparity was larger during the day than at night, when the officer can easily observe their race before turning on the sirens. The analogous statistic was not available for white drivers."

The goal is to have people with INTEGRITY in power, what difference does color make if they dont have integrity? Live under a tyrant in the US or live under a tyrant in Africa, whats the difference? personally, i have no problem with black people achieving equal power in this country, god bless em all, it would be great if they were all successful. That doesnt mean that we need to put up with BS and lies, and brainwashing of youth to acheive that end. Continually preaching to black youths that white people hate them and hate brown people, is not productive or the truth, it seems to be the message however, instead of helping them actually go somewhere in life.

The goal is to have people with INTEGRITY in power, what difference does color make if they dont have integrity? Live under a tyrant in the US or live under a tyrant in Africa, whats the difference? personally, i have no problem with black people achieving equal power in this country, god bless em all, it would be great if they were all successful. That doesnt mean that we need to put up with BS and lies, and brainwashing of youth to acheive that end. Continually preaching to black youths that white people hate them and hate brown people, is not productive or the truth, it seems to be the message however, instead of helping them actually go somewhere in life.
As a race its pretty apparent that whites hate non whites and especially Blacks. How much more proof do you need dude? :laugh:

so you would be someones bitch if it meant peace

says the paid poster

I got pulled over in a mostly white area for the same thing, even pulled into a lot so the officer wasn't standing in traffic, still got a ticket.

so fuck off with your ignorant bs

my moneys on the fact that your a woman and cried your way out of it

As a race its pretty apparent that whites hate non whites and especially Blacks. How much more proof do you need dude? :laugh:

If that's the case then how do you explain the success of Asians in this country? As a whole we are doing better than whites.

Additionally, what about the Jews? Nobody has been persecuted throughout history as much as those people have and they fucking own everything

If that's the case then how do you explain the success of Asians in this country? As a whole we are doing better than whites.

Additionally, what about the Jews? Nobody has been persecuted throughout history as much as those people have and they fucking own everything

Asians are generally more compliant with whites while outworking them. Whites don't perceive them as a threat.

"Jew" is not a race and most modern day "Jews" are just white people that practice Judaism. Thats why they are able to just change their names and blend in with other whites..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back