What can the goverment do about the crisis?

alice123

Rookie
May 27, 2009
Hi,
My name is Alice, I'm a graduate student and I need people to complete a short questionnaire (takes about 10 min.) about the current economic crisis for my thesis. It is part of an international study conducted by an academic group in the US, Europe and Africa .
The idea is to let people tell us what they people think about the economic crisis.
It is very important!
To participate, please click here …

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=6oI1yBcJxczXbjVzt_2fPA6g_3d_3d

Thanks!
:)
Alice.

2 simple words

BACK OFF

One of the main problems we have is government getting too huge, government getting it's tendrils into every aspect of life, and government thinking it is to go by the example of Robin Hood and not the US Constitution.... Government should do basically what ONLY government CAN do. Not try and make this more of a nanny state, personally or economically.

Government does not create jobs or wealth, people do and businesses do. More government and more government intervention is not going to fix our economy. CUT sending, cut taxation (and equalize taxation), and reduce the realms in which government resides.

Last edited:
Done, Alice. I needed folks to do the same for me with my master's. Survey Monkey is good.

Thanks Annie.
If you have some good tips about how to reach as many people and opinions I would love to get some...
By the way, Survey monkey is fantastic. I love it...:)

2 simple words

BACK OFF

One of the main problems we have is government getting too huge, government getting it's tendrils into every aspect of life, and government thinking it is to go by the example of Robin Hood and not the US Constitution.... Government should do basically what ONLY government CAN do. Not try and make this more of a nanny state, personally or economically.

Government does not create jobs or wealth, people do and businesses do. More government and more government intervention is not going to fix our economy. CUT sending, cut taxation (and equalize taxation), and reduce the realms in which government resides.

You do realize, on the other hand, that one of the reasons the 1920's economic crisis was so strong and lasted for so many years is that the government didn't interfere on time, because of the ideology of the free independent market and its forces to reach balance without government interference...

You do realize, on the other hand, that one of the reasons the 1920's economic crisis was so strong and lasted for so many years is that the government didn't interfere on time, because of the ideology of the free independent market and its forces to reach balance without government interference...
At least, that's the story we get in the gubmint schools.

Here's a piece that may well expand your scope of information on the subject.

Great Myths of the Great Depression [Mackinac Center]

Great myth of the 20th century. That Conservatives have a clue. The period from 20Jan01 to 20Jan09 has proven the total cluelessness of the Conservative Movement, much to the chagrin of the conservatives.

Great myth of the 20th century. That Conservatives have a clue. The period from 20Jan01 to 20Jan09 has proven the total cluelessness of the Conservative Movement, much to the chagrin of the conservatives.
Except that so-called "conservatives" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) weren't anywhere near in power during that time period.
mythbusted.jpg

2 simple words

BACK OFF

I am not saying the ABSENCE of government or laws on labor or whatever. I am stating that government needs to be smaller and in less areas. Government is spread too wide into every aspect of American life.

Also, if I were you, I would look more into the reasons behind the longevity of the depression. Start looking at the governmental interference done by FDR and how that actually negatively impacted the economy and actually prolonged the depression. Not to mention the long term impact and precedent that has led us to the extraordinary levels of government size and interference that we have now

I offered a survey to discover why some people refuse to take a survey.

The results were inconclusive.

The main thing the federal government can do is return to its constitutional limited role.

Our elected officials seem to have forgotten that our federal government was established as a very limited one, and want to control every aspect of our lives, in violation of our Constitution.

"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation and foreign commerce. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives and liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement and prosperity of the State." - James Madison, Federalist Paper No. 25, 1788

2 simple words

BACK OFF

I am not saying the ABSENCE of government or laws on labor or whatever. I am stating that government needs to be smaller and in less areas. Government is spread too wide into every aspect of American life.

Also, if I were you, I would look more into the reasons behind the longevity of the depression. Start looking at the governmental interference done by FDR and how that actually negatively impacted the economy and actually prolonged the depression. Not to mention the long term impact and precedent that has led us to the extraordinary levels of government size and interference that we have now

I totally agree that normally the government should not be as big as it is. That should change. But i believe that first of all we have to get out of this crisis, and the government has to have a major roll in getting us out. Only such a powerful body as the government can make a significant change. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that big governments are good but in order to get the country (and the world) out of the mud they have to have power and be so strong (temporarily).

Thanks for all th people who care enough to express their opinion in the study and influence it's outcome. :clap2:

Please don't stop stating what you think. The results of this study are going to be presented in an International conference dealing with the Psychological aspect of the current economic crisis, so every voice and opinion makes a great difference..

to participate...
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=6oI1yBcJxczXbjVzt_2fPA6g_3d_3d

Last edited:

Forum List

Back