What can I do now that she's hurt me?

Can anyone here translate the teen-speak so that I can actually understand what his thread is about, or does it even matter?:cuckoo:

No, no.

It's about a girl who fucked up my life.

No; the way I see it, this is about YOU, fucking up your own life, by obsessing over someone else's behavior. One person not loving (or even liking) you is hardly a great tragedy, or the end of the world, even for an angst-ridden teenager. That is so pathetically petty, immature and insecure that I think you have serious issues, and should seek counseling to help you grow up into something resembling a normal human being. You want to be popular? Start with remembering that no one wants or needs an an emotional leech clinging to them as if they were a security blanket, or a baby's pacifier.

Can anyone here translate the teen-speak so that I can actually understand what his thread is about, or does it even matter?:cuckoo:

No, no.

No; the way I see it, this is about YOU, fucking up your own life, by obsessing over someone else's behavior. One person not loving (or even liking) you is hardly a great tragedy, or the end of the world, even for an angst-ridden teenager. That is so pathetically petty, immature and insecure that I think you have serious issues, and should seek counseling to help you grow up into something resembling a normal human being. You want to be popular? Start with remembering that no one wants or needs an an emotional leech clinging to them as if they were a security blanket, or a baby's pacifier.

The only girl fucking up your life is you. You're damned lucky you didn't get fired. You need to very seriously develop a new attitude - like maybe, "If someone doesn't want me to be around ... then I don't want to be around." Lots of luck with any future employment you might be able to find.

No, no.

There is your problem right there.

The only person who can fuck up your life is you. You are responsible for what happens to you. Your response is more important than what she does.

The fact you tangle with her is more important that what she does.

Don't worry. Don't obsess. Wash her out of your life and move on.

No, no.

Part of being adult is learning to cut your losses as they happen, start a new direction. That can't happen until you just accept what you've told us here.

Answer this question, "What is making me feel bad?"

When you understand that only you can make yourself feel bad, you're on your way back to reality. You're not in charge of others. You can only be in charge of you.

Shel, I'm betting on you taking charge of your own happiness from now on. I think you can do it, you can end this obsession, and I hope you do it soon. When you do, you will be free and happy again. My vote of confidence and best wishes to you.
icon14.gif

Some magic words for you: "This, too, shall pass."

How fucked up can one be to not be able to do McDonald's right?

This is our country's future?

I did the JOB right. I just reacted badly when one person didn't like me. And I'm trying to change that.

Maybe you're not paying her enough. You might have more success if you sign your paycheck over to her, and give her an additional $100 per week.

I'll bet she will return your love if you do that.

Forum List

Back