What came first.....

Hollie answered that, but to be clear, they married each other, which was OK at the time...clearly.
That is a common misconception that many people have about Cain and his other brother Seth marrying their sisters.

Adam and Eve were the first people to have souls and to know God.

But they were not the first people to inhabit the earth.

Think about it......after Cain killed Able; the Torah says that God put a "mark" on Cain so that people wouldn't kill him as he wandered the earth.

So clearly there were other people and settlements throughout the land.

And this explains how he and his brother Seth were able to find wives to marry. :cool:
Are you sure my brother?

Nowhere in the Bible did it state a timeline during that time.

The Bible is an accurate history of the world, however, just like the history of the world, it covers the main stories, not every story in existence.

We know of Cain and Able b/c they were the FIRST borns, not to mention that their story also was the first murder.

Clearly they had brothers and sisters, which covers the "people" that you brought up.

So, what is it that convinces you that what you are saying is true? How have you chosen this reality?

(by the way, that is really a creative way around the sibling problem, changing the argument to 'souls')

So, what is it that convinces you that what you are saying is true? How have you chosen this reality?

(by the way, that is really a creative way around the sibling problem, changing the argument to 'souls')
It's actually not that creative.

I'm not sure the perspective my brother Sunni has on that, but every individual human being is a soul.

Hollie answered that, but to be clear, they married each other, which was OK at the time...clearly.
That is a common misconception that many people have about Cain and his other brother Seth marrying their sisters.

Think about it......after Cain killed Able; the Torah says that God put a "mark" on Cain so that people wouldn't kill him as he wandered the earth.

And this explains how he and his brother Seth were able to find wives to marry. :cool:
Are you sure my brother?

The Bible is an accurate history of the world, however, just like the history of the world, it covers the main stories, not every story in existence.

We know of Cain and Able b/c they were the FIRST borns, not to mention that their story also was the first murder.

Clearly they had brothers and sisters, which covers the "people" that you brought up.
Yes, the Bible starts off with a time line in Genesis.

Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

This took place on the 6th day.

So people had already been created to inhabit and have dominion over the earth.

It was after this the Adam and Eve story is told about in Genesis. :cool:

Are you sure my brother?

Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

I agree...I stated previously that the Bible is an accurate document on earth's history.

However, what I'm referring to specifically is that time of in the Garden. We don't know how long they were in the Garden, before they left. That's the timeline I'm referring to. Adam and Even could have been in the garden for 1 year, 10 years, a thousand years or a million years before they sinned, as their time on earth would only begin once sin entered the picture, at that point they could start counting years, as before sin, they were pretty much eternal beings.

Are you sure my brother?

I agree...I stated previously that the Bible is an accurate document on earth's history.

However, what I'm referring to specifically is that time of in the Garden. We don't know how long they were in the Garden, before they left. That's the timeline I'm referring to. Adam and Even could have been in the garden for 1 year, 10 years, a thousand years or a million years before they sinned, as their time on earth would only begin once sin entered the picture, at that point they could start counting years, as before sin, they were pretty much eternal beings.

And all this is true for those who have chosen to believe it.
That does not make it true for others.
There is no objective way to prove it true.
Believers exercise choice.
Choice is equal.
Enforcing faith is inhuman.

I'm not sure the perspective my brother Sunni has on that, but every individual human being is a soul.

Yes, perhaps 'creative' is not the proper word. 'Clever' is more like it.

What religions came first?

Do the christinas predate muslims?
Do the jews predate christians?
Do the pagans predate everything?

The way i see it.... the koran talks about chirstians and jesus... so christians were here before the koran..

The bible talks about the jews ...but not muslims....so jews must have been around when the bible was written...

Neither christians or muslims are talked about in the torah... so jews must have come before them...

Pagans dont have a book.... but were here long before the christians...
Pagans were here long before the Jewish Bible....thus the very first commandment...You shall have no other gods before me.... ;)

Last edited:

The way i see it.... the koran talks about chirstians and jesus... so christians were here before the koran..

The bible talks about the jews...but not muslims....so jews must have been around when the bible was written...

Neither christians or muslims are talked about in the torah... so jews must have come before them...

The way you see it?!

:lol:

You cannot possibly be as stupid as your post makes you look.

Instead of using the word soul.

I should have said that Adam and Eve were the first people to have an awareness of God; ie, to be intimately conscious of Gods existence. :cool:

The word "muslim" in arabic means submission or surrender to God.

So in essence, all Jews and Christians are muslims.

True story...........:thup:

You're ass-u-me-ing that those who have use of those labels actually give a shit about 'God' and not some personal or political agenda.

Big assumption. Huge.

There's nothing wrong with Syrenn's post...she only stated how she sees it. Everyone see's it differently and she was just asking a question.
Your comment is what was stupid!
Why don't you tell us what YOU think?

There's nothing wrong with Syrenn's post...she only stated how she sees it. Everyone see's it differently and she was just asking a question.
Your comment is what was stupid!
Why don't you tell us what YOU think?

I guess it would have been better to say.... "the way it is" in a totalitarian sort of way without the question marks.

The bible talks about the jews ...but not muslims....so jews must have been around when the bible was written...

Pagans were here long before the Jewish Bible....thus the very first commandment...You shall have no other gods before me.... ;)

Agreed.... at that point in time there were a lot of gods. And for that matter there still are.

Instead of using the word soul.

I should have said that Adam and Eve were the first people to have an awareness of God; ie, to be intimately conscious of Gods existence. :cool:

Poster still has never accepted the challenge of intellectual honesty. Belief in information relayed in at best tertiary fashion is a choice. One person's choice is not inherently superior to another's. One's faith is for that person and is not imposable upon another except by error and lack of understanding.

Poster still has never accepted the challenge of intellectual honesty. Belief in information relayed in at best tertiary fashion is a choice. One person's choice is not inherently superior to another's. One's faith is for that person and is not imposable upon another except by error and lack of understanding.
Question: don't you ever get tired of posting your inane nonsense?

Seriously??.............:cool:

The bible talks about the jews...but not muslims....so jews must have been around when the bible was written...

Is any what you said really even a question? Of course Jews were first, and then came christianity, and then Islam. So what? They are all just a bunch of ancient stories that started with the war god Yahweh, who was a god who existed among many others within the Israelites beliefs, but was eventually worshipped exclusively, so as part of a monolatrist polytheism.

Oh great. Another eternal chicken and egg thread...

Forum List

Back