What came first.....

Last edited:
So the bible says, however no one wrote back then....
The First five books of the bible was written by a Egyptian adopted Jew. His name was Moses.

And the egyptians had their religions and gods when MOses was born. You forget Baal? The golden calf?
so even if you believe that Moses wrote the first part of the Bible...

i am classing all of the many gods of the what nots... earth, sky ect...as pagan.

What religions came first?

Do the christinas predate muslims?
Do the jews predate christians?
Do the pagans predate everything?

The way i see it.... the koran talks about chirstians and jesus... so christians were here before the koran..

The bible talks about the jews...but not muslims....so jews must have been around when the bible was written...

Neither christians or muslims are talked about in the torah... so jews must have come before them...

Pagans dont have a book.... but were here long before the christians...

Why does it matter?

The way i see it.... the koran talks about chirstians and jesus... so christians were here before the koran..

The bible talks about the jews...but not muslims....so jews must have been around when the bible was written...

Neither christians or muslims are talked about in the torah... so jews must have come before them...

Why does it matter?

why does it not matter?

Why does it matter?

why does it not matter?

First off its a question that should be easily answered by some quick research. And you did not answer my question, which also should be easily answered.

The progression is from generalized belief in various gods and spirits to organized, hierarchical faiths. These become politicized and acrue vested interests, thus devolving into forms of social control.

The time line, of course, is obvious. Is there another point?

Found this to be a rather good response to your question

Religion goes back at least as far as human civilizations. Nobody knows what the first religion was. The Egyptians predate the Jews, The Mesopotamians predate them. The Chinese predate them...

Religions with a creation story often claim to be the oldest, since the world began with that creation and with the god or gods of that religion.

Hinduism: Since Sanskrit is the oldest written language, as far as religion being written down, and as far as organized religion is concerned, it would be Hinduism. It is said that when Rama appeared, according to our calendar, was a million or so years ago (not sure of the exact date, but it's a long time!) And Krishna, God himself according to the Vedic scriptures, appeared here 5,000 years ago. Buddha, about 500 B.C., Jesus, about 2,000 years ago. If you go through the different religious book and study this question deeply, you will find out that Hinduism is the oldest religion of the world. There are no dates and facts, but its history is about more than 50000 thousands years ago.

Read more: What is the oldest known religion in the world

First off its a question that should be easily answered by some quick research. And you did not answer my question, which also should be easily answered.

dont think for one second....i don't already know the answers......:eusa_shhh:

So I say again why does it matter?

if you don't think it matters... then why are you bothering with the tread?

chronology always matters. It sets time line.

The progression is from generalized belief in various gods and spirits to organized, hierarchical faiths. These become politicized and acrue vested interests, thus devolving into forms of social control.

Agreed. Religion is all about social control.

yes...i have my points. I want to see how this goes first.

Do you actually study what these religions believe?

Your setting a plainly obvious timeline, probably a set up for a point. So get to your point.

Why does it matter

Your setting a plainly obvious timeline, probably a set up for a point. So get to your point.

Why does it matter

its a simple question.... what came first.

and as was asked before..... why does it NOT matter?

lol... moses wrote the bible?
The first 5 books of the Old Testament are known as the Torah and were written by Moses. :cool:

Written or given? :tongue:
Actually, both :cool:

"VeZot haTorah—This is the Torah that Moses set before the people Israel--by the mouth of God, through the hand of Moses." These phrases, merged from Deuteronomy 4:44 and Numbers 9:23, are recited by traditional Jews each time the Torah is raised to be returned to the Aron Kodesh (Holy Ark). To emphasize the significance of the statement, one frequently sees Jews point at the Torah. "This is it," traditionalist Jews proclaim, "admittedly a copy written by a scribe, but word for word and letter for letter identical with the one transcribed by Moses as God dictated it."

The Torah of Moses - My Jewish Learning

Last edited:

Why does it matter

its a simple question.... what came first.

and as was asked before..... why does it NOT matter?

I believe they all claim descendency from Abraham, whether spirtitual or actual, but either way it doesn't matter. Religion has pretty much been around as long as humans have been around, so why does it matter. You might as well ask what music came first. But you chose 3 specific religions... why those 3, what point are you trying to make.

Why does it matter?

New Topics

Forum List

Back