What came first, The chicken or The egg? Science vs Religion

who do you believe about the creation of life?

• Total voters
I give up

It is a lot like trying to describe how a V-8 engine works to a 5 year old. They aren't capable of understanding and the attempt to educate them is futile. Same here. Just because these people appear to be adults with a grasp on reality, many of them don't. They in fact are so scared of reality they reject it out of hand and will follow anyone that supports their fantasy world.

Thanks and I agree. I get tired of beating my head against the wall in one of these evolution discussions. You can post well-written narratives on any aspect of evolution and they just get denied.

I give up

It is a lot like trying to describe how a V-8 engine works to a 5 year old. They aren't capable of understanding and the attempt to educate them is futile. Same here. Just because these people appear to be adults with a grasp on reality, many of them don't. They in fact are so scared of reality they reject it out of hand and will follow anyone that supports their fantasy world.

Thanks and I agree. I get tired of beating my head against the wall in one of these evolution discussions. You can post well-written narratives on any aspect of evolution and they just get denied.

It's the same with Global Warming, these people don't understand it and are terrified of the truth so they cling to the lie that 'it's a hoax' like grim death. I figured this out here long ago, you cannot reason with these people because they don't know what reason is. They live on emotion, the chief one being abject fear.

I give up

It's the same with Global Warming, these people don't understand it and are terrified of the truth so they cling to the lie that 'it's a hoax' like grim death. I figured this out here long ago, you cannot reason with these people because they don't know what reason is. They live on emotion, the chief one being abject fear.
Climate is going to change whether we are here or not. The question is, is mans footprint as change making as nature's own footprints such as volcanoes underwater and over land as well as other factors like sun cycles etc. You left wing wackos just want to take from the haves and give to the poor until we are all poor.

I give up

Climate is going to change whether we are here or not. The question is, is mans footprint as change making as nature's own footprints such as volcanoes underwater and over land as well as other factors like sun cycles etc. You left wing wackos just want to take from the haves and give to the poor until we are all poor.

Exhibit #1.

The question is, is mans footprint as change making as nature's own footprints such as volcanoes underwater and over land as well as other factors like sun cycles etc.

Gee, I wonder if the people who have spent their entire lives dedicated to these scientific fields thought of that question before you did?

What came first, the chicken or the egg? This question seems to divide the believers of a higher power from the nonbelievers. Science or Religion, was human life created by science or a Higher Power?
Science contradicts the bible, and pretty much says that there is no god. That everything was just here and after billions of years of nothing a rock hit another rock in which created a big bang and billions of years later conditions were just right to create life. But what created the rock?
Science suggests we evolved from a single cell organism just as every other life form. Where did this single cell organism come from? It couldn't of been here when the dinosaurs where here There were no human life with the dinosaurs. Then they became extinct, by some say, an asteroid hitting Earth. Did the single cell organism come from that? Was it on the asteroid that was destined to hit this planet which had perfect conditions for it to create life?
So this microscopic single cell organism that created humans and creatures was just slithering around until it started to evolve and go through the whole process of becoming a living creature that breathes, drinks, eats, sees, hears, tastes, touches, walks, talk, thinks and feels. So.this microscopic single cell organism just happened to undergo the process to develop into a zygote, which needs to single cell organisms to create it, and then turned into and embryo and then into a fetus then eventually into a newborn baby, with no placenta allowing nutrient uptake, no thermos regulation, no waste elimination, and no gas exchange via the mothers blood supply, also providing oxygen and nutrients to the growing fetus and removes waste products from the fetus's blood. Then it turns into a new born baby, how did it survive just laying there not able to care for its self and what protected it from infection, predators, and other natural elements? Any living creature for that matter? Seriously how did it survive the early stages of evolving?
Its just hard to believe that this microscopic organism turned into creatures. What caused the single cell organism to evolve? Something had to trigger the process? Did it emerge with something? Or was it the result of another reaction and started to evolve immediately? Evolving from a microscopic organism, at the beginning, is hard to see it surviving the process of it going from something so small to the first human being.
If we were really evolved from a single cell organism why isn't it still happening? Where is this single cell organism today?
Was there an event or something that caused these single cells to begin evolving? I'm sure there wasn't just one evolving at a time? There had to be an event that occurred, that these single cell organisms were produced as the outcome of the event, and then had to eventually died off after they had a chance to survive and evolve. That's the only possible theory I can come up with for why these single cell organisms aren't producing life today. Is there this secret place on earth that no body knows about, where human life is popping up and there are these people who raise and protect them? Then they just join society like it was nothing?
I can see how some other things evolved through time. But Humans I just don't see it? Since beginning of human life there wasn't that much evolving with human beings. Well maybe mentally but not to much physically?. We evolved with using technology.
I believe science provides answers and proves things that happened after the first life was created. Science suggesting we evolved from single cell organisms does not prove anything to me. What created that single cell organism, then what created the thing that created the single cell organism, then what created that, and then what created that? It all has to lead to 1 creator, and I believe it is God.
Science is the need for humans to know and understand, and to some trying to prove that we were created some other way makes more sense then believing in an immortal God that we cant see having great powers and created everything. To some, proven answers to questions of life figured out through science is easier to believe then believing in something you cant see, something you cant witness first hand. Even though science hasn't 100% proven their theory of the creation of life, but the facts and evidence they have and the progress of answering more questions then what religion can provide, is good enough for some people.
If science was right then there would be no meaning to life. We just live then die and everything that happened in between just happened. Just creatures wondering around a planet for no logical reason, just a freak accident that occurred in nature, that resulted in life forms that have no real purpose in the universe that are going to inevitably die out.
I find it hard to believe that such a beautiful and complex creation such as life has no meaning. There has to be more, There cant be no reason for our existence. Someone or something had to put time into our creation. Life is to complex for it to just happen.
In life there are always 2 ways, 2 versions, an action and reaction, positive or negative, right or wrong, left or right, man or woman, living or nonliving, open or closed, free or confined, day or night, land or water, and science or religion.
No body really knows how everything came about, just think what it felt like to be the first human life. What do you think was going through their mind?
There has to be a creator that directed the first human life the right way. I believe in God and all that science crap is just crap. To believe that we came from a microscopic organism to what we are today, and that the process isn't still occurring to this day, doesn't make any sense to me.

The egg came first, duh.

Forum List

Back