What Bush's Goodbye Speech Should Be

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
Got this in an e-mail but it's pretty close to the truth...

The speech George W. Bush might give:

Normally, I start these things out by saying 'My Fellow Americans.' Not doing it this time.
If the polls are any indication, I don't know who more than half of you are anymore.
I do know something terrible has happened, and that you're really not fellow Americans any longer.

I'll cut right to the chase here: I quit. Now before anyone gets all in a lather about me quitting to avoid impeachment, or to avoid prosecution or something, let me assure you:
There's been no breaking of laws or impeachable offenses in this office.

The reason I'm quitting is simple. I'm fed up with you people.
I'm fed up because you have no understanding of what's really going on in the world.
Or of what's going on in this once-great nation of ours.
And the majority of you are too damned lazy to do your homework and figure it out.

Let's start local. You've been sold a bill of goods by politicians and the news media.

Meanwhile, all you can do is whine about gas prices, and most of you are too damn stupid to realize that gas prices are high because there's increased demand in other parts of the world, and because a small handful of noisy idiots are more worried about polar bears and beachfront property than your economic security.

We face real threats in the world. Don't give me this 'blood for oil' thing. If I were trading blood for oil I would've already seized Iraq 's oil fields and let the rest of the country go to hell. And don't give me this 'Bush Lied...People Died' crap either. If I were the liar you morons take me for, I could've easily had chemical weapons planted in Iraq so they could be 'di scovered.' Instead, I owned up to the fact that the intelligence was faulty.

Let me remind you that the rest of the world thought Saddam had the goods, same as me. Let me also remind you that regime change in Iraq was official US policy before I came into office.
Some guy named ' Clinton ' established that policy. Bet you didn't know that, did you?

Now some of you morons want to be led by a junior senator with no understanding of foreign policy or economics, and this nitwit says we should attack Pakistan , a nuclear ally. And then he wants to go to Iran and make peace with a terrorist who says he's going to destroy us. While he's doing that, he wants to give Iraq to al Qaeda, Afghanistan to the Taliban, Israel to the Palestinians, and your money to the IRS so the government can give welfare to illegal aliens, who he will make into citizens, so they can vote to re-elect him. He also thinks it's okay for Iran to have nuclear weapons, and we should stop our foreign aid to Israel. Did you sleep through high school?

You idiots need to understand that we face a unique enemy. Back during the cold war, there were two major competing political and economic models squaring off. We won that war, but we did so because fundamentally, the Communists wanted to survive, just as we do. We were simply able to out spend and out-tech them.

That's not the case this time. The soldiers of our new enemy don't care if they survive. In fact, they want to die.
That'd be fine, as long as they weren't also committed to taking as many of you with them as they can.
But they are.. They want to kill you, and the bastards are all over the globe.

You should be grateful that they haven't gotten any more of us here in the United States since September 11. But you're not. That's because you've got no idea how hard a small number of intelligence, military, law enforcement, and homeland security people have worked to ma ke sure of that. When this whole mess started, I warned you that this would be a long and difficult fight. I'm disappointed how many of you people think a long and difficult fight amounts to a single season of 'Survivor.'

Instead, you've grown impatient. You're incapable of seeing things through the long lens of history, the way our enemies do. You think that wars should last a few months, a few years, tops.

Making matters worse, you actively support those who help the enemy.
Every time you buy the New York Times, every time you send a donation to a cut-and-run Democrat's political campaign, well, dang it, you might just as well Fed Ex a grenade launcher to a Jihadist. It amounts to the same thing.

In this day and age, it's easy enough to f ind the truth. It's all over the Internet. It just isn't on the pages of the New York Times, USA Today, or on NBC News. But even if it were, I doubt you'd be any smarter.
Most of you would rather watch American Idol or Dancing with Stars.

I could say more about your expectations that the government will always be there to bail you out,
even if you're too stupid to leave a city that's below ow sea level and has a hurricane approaching.

I could say more about your insane belief that government, not your own wallet, is where the money comes from.
But I've come to the conclusion that were I to do so, it would sail right over your heads.

So I quit. I'm going back to Crawford. I've got an energy-efficient house down there (Al Gore could only dream) and the capability to be fully self-sufficient for years. No one ever heard of Crawford before I got elected, and as soon as I'm done here pretty much no one will ever hear of it again.
Maybe I'll be lucky enough to die of old age before the last pillars of America fall.

So that's it. God bless what's left of America.

Some of you know what I mean. The rest of you, kiss off.

PS - You might want to start learning Farsi, and buy a Koran.

He didn't break anything. Anything that's "broken" around here started long before him. But let's ignore the facts and blame Bush because that's about what the looney left mind can grasp.

Worst president in history...

and only the deadenders on the radical right think otherwise.

But if you say so. ;)

But if you say so. ;)

You just prove yourself a leftwingnut moonbat saying ignorant shit like that. Bush is not, and will not be considered the worst President in history no matter how long you lefties parrot the chant.

As always, I just go back to my original argument: Bush is as much you leftwingnuts faults as anyone else's. YOU, not anyone on the right, tried to run two blithering idiots against him. He was the lesser of two evils.

Looking at this election, you STILL haven't figured it out.

I think he should just repeat this beauty

"Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories
concerning the attacks of September the 11th;
malicious lies that attempt to shift the blame away
from the terrorists, themselves, away from the guilty."

... Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.

George W. Bush Quotes

But if you say so. ;)

C'mon, he isn't the worst president in history. Grant, Hoover, Carter, and the first Johnson all rank lower than Bush as far I'm concerned.

Worst president in history. Embarassing. The rest of the world is laughing at us.

$700 billion dollar borrowed from China to finance the occupation of Iraq. Insanity!

That's pretty funny.

I figure he should just say "I'm sorry I broke it. I didn't mean to."

You left wing loon idiot, he didn't break anything. The greedy, live-above-our-means, instant gratification, spoiled, whining CITIZENRY that you so fully emulate, broke it.

Why people think a President has a damned thing to do with the economy is beyond me. The entire Federal government has only extremely LIMITED control over the economy as anyone with a brain larger than a walnut can't plainly see from the complete INEFFECTIVENESS of the Fed and Treasury to impact the markets with their machinations the past several weeks.

The economy DOES WHAT IT WANTS TO because it is LARGER, by far than ANY government, including ours.

Come on man, KMAN

George would only have from now till January to learn this speech.

Not nearly enough time for him, methinks.

Got this in an e-mail but it's pretty close to the truth...

The speech George W. Bush might give:

Normally, I start these things out by saying 'My Fellow Americans.' Not doing it this time.
If the polls are any indication, I don't know who more than half of you are anymore.
I do know something terrible has happened, and that you're really not fellow Americans any longer.

I'll cut right to the chase here: I quit. Now before anyone gets all in a lather about me quitting to avoid impeachment, or to avoid prosecution or something, let me assure you:
There's been no breaking of laws or impeachable offenses in this office.

The reason I'm quitting is simple. I'm fed up with you people.
I'm fed up because you have no understanding of what's really going on in the world.
Or of what's going on in this once-great nation of ours.
And the majority of you are too damned lazy to do your homework and figure it out.

Let's start local. You've been sold a bill of goods by politicians and the news media.

Meanwhile, all you can do is whine about gas prices, and most of you are too damn stupid to realize that gas prices are high because there's increased demand in other parts of the world, and because a small handful of noisy idiots are more worried about polar bears and beachfront property than your economic security.

We face real threats in the world. Don't give me this 'blood for oil' thing. If I were trading blood for oil I would've already seized Iraq 's oil fields and let the rest of the country go to hell. And don't give me this 'Bush Lied...People Died' crap either. If I were the liar you morons take me for, I could've easily had chemical weapons planted in Iraq so they could be 'di scovered.' Instead, I owned up to the fact that the intelligence was faulty.

Let me remind you that the rest of the world thought Saddam had the goods, same as me. Let me also remind you that regime change in Iraq was official US policy before I came into office.
Some guy named ' Clinton ' established that policy. Bet you didn't know that, did you?

Now some of you morons want to be led by a junior senator with no understanding of foreign policy or economics, and this nitwit says we should attack Pakistan , a nuclear ally. And then he wants to go to Iran and make peace with a terrorist who says he's going to destroy us. While he's doing that, he wants to give Iraq to al Qaeda, Afghanistan to the Taliban, Israel to the Palestinians, and your money to the IRS so the government can give welfare to illegal aliens, who he will make into citizens, so they can vote to re-elect him. He also thinks it's okay for Iran to have nuclear weapons, and we should stop our foreign aid to Israel. Did you sleep through high school?

You idiots need to understand that we face a unique enemy. Back during the cold war, there were two major competing political and economic models squaring off. We won that war, but we did so because fundamentally, the Communists wanted to survive, just as we do. We were simply able to out spend and out-tech them.

That's not the case this time. The soldiers of our new enemy don't care if they survive. In fact, they want to die.
That'd be fine, as long as they weren't also committed to taking as many of you with them as they can.
But they are.. They want to kill you, and the bastards are all over the globe.

You should be grateful that they haven't gotten any more of us here in the United States since September 11. But you're not. That's because you've got no idea how hard a small number of intelligence, military, law enforcement, and homeland security people have worked to ma ke sure of that. When this whole mess started, I warned you that this would be a long and difficult fight. I'm disappointed how many of you people think a long and difficult fight amounts to a single season of 'Survivor.'

Instead, you've grown impatient. You're incapable of seeing things through the long lens of history, the way our enemies do. You think that wars should last a few months, a few years, tops.

Making matters worse, you actively support those who help the enemy.
Every time you buy the New York Times, every time you send a donation to a cut-and-run Democrat's political campaign, well, dang it, you might just as well Fed Ex a grenade launcher to a Jihadist. It amounts to the same thing.

In this day and age, it's easy enough to f ind the truth. It's all over the Internet. It just isn't on the pages of the New York Times, USA Today, or on NBC News. But even if it were, I doubt you'd be any smarter.
Most of you would rather watch American Idol or Dancing with Stars.

I could say more about your expectations that the government will always be there to bail you out,
even if you're too stupid to leave a city that's below ow sea level and has a hurricane approaching.

I could say more about your insane belief that government, not your own wallet, is where the money comes from.
But I've come to the conclusion that were I to do so, it would sail right over your heads.

So I quit. I'm going back to Crawford. I've got an energy-efficient house down there (Al Gore could only dream) and the capability to be fully self-sufficient for years. No one ever heard of Crawford before I got elected, and as soon as I'm done here pretty much no one will ever hear of it again.
Maybe I'll be lucky enough to die of old age before the last pillars of America fall.

So that's it. God bless what's left of America.

Some of you know what I mean. The rest of you, kiss off.

PS - You might want to start learning Farsi, and buy a Koran.

LOL. Good riddance – and don’t let the door hit you where the good lord split ya on your way out.

lol.

it's amusing to see the last holdouts clinging desperately to try to prop up a monkey.

America has a short term memory.

People have forgotten about 9/11.

They may remember it, but they don't thinka bout it, I think about it everyday still. Probably because I was there and lived in NYC for 23 years.

Per all of Bush's faults, I would say thank you to him. Thank you for not having another attack on US soil for the past 7 years.

If someone told me on Sept 12,2001 there wouldn't be another attack, via bus bombing, train bombing whatever..these type of things don't need to be that well planned. I would say that person was out of his mind. Day after 9/11 I thought we were in for scary scary times here in the states.

America has a short term memory.People have forgotten about 9/11. They may remember it, but they don't thinka bout it, I think about it everyday still. Probably because I was there and lived in NYC for 23 years.Per all of Bush's faults, I would say thank you to him. Thank you for not having another attack on US soil for the past 7 years.If someone told me on Sept 12,2001 there wouldn't be another attack, via bus bombing, train bombing whatever..these type of things don't need to be that well planned. I would say that person was out of his mind. Day after 9/11 I thought we were in for scary scary times here in the states.

a lobotomy wouldn't remove 9-11 from my mind.

nor would it remove how the monkey used 9-11 as an excuse to invade a country that had nothing to do with it.

goddam.

you idiots

you are the morons who have forgotten 9-11

where the fuck is OBL?

hello!!!

your little monkey failed to catch him

fxck you very much.

America has a short term memory.

People have forgotten about 9/11.

They may remember it, but they don't thinka bout it, I think about it everyday still. Probably because I was there and lived in NYC for 23 years.

Per all of Bush's faults, I would say thank you to him. Thank you for not having another attack on US soil for the past 7 years.

If someone told me on Sept 12,2001 there wouldn't be another attack, via bus bombing, train bombing whatever..these type of things don't need to be that well planned. I would say that person was out of his mind. Day after 9/11 I thought we were in for scary scary times here in the states.

Actually, you're the one with the short memory.

There were seven years between the first and second attacks on the WTC. During that time, the blind sheikh was prosecuted and convicted for his role in planning the bombing.

Bush largely ignored all of the recommendations for shoring up our security put forth by the 9-11 commission and, instead, went off and insanely pursued someone who had nothing to do with 9-11. This made us LESS safe because it allowed Iran (which IS truly dangerous) to fill the power vacuum.

BTW, before you open your mouth... I've lived in NY my whole life. Still do... and spent 2 years while I was in law school working on the 44th floor of 2WTC. This doesn't make me an expert, but neither does your living here then give you any type of greater weight to your opinion than anyone else.

And you're living in a bizarre fantasy world if you think that the man who ignored the PDB saying OBL intended to strike inside the US and fired our Farsi interpreters for being gay, did anything to prevent another attack. Instead, he helped run our economy into the ground which IS a security issue and kept making kissy face with the Saudi's WHO DID FUND THE HIJACKERS.

a lobotomy wouldn't remove 9-11 from my mind.

nor would it remove how the monkey used 9-11 as an excuse to invade a country that had nothing to do with it.

goddam.

you idiots

you are the morons who have forgotten 9-11

where the fuck is OBL?

hello!!!

your little monkey failed to catch him

fxck you very much.

Hey asshole, how many people did you lose on 9/11?

Don't you dare accuse me of forgetting about it. I lived in NYC, I was in Battery park when it happened, and I lost 8 people that day.

So fuck you.

How many attacks have been on our soil you asshole since that day?

Has there been any bus bombings?
Any Subway bombings?

How many arrests have we done abroad and domestic...

Do you really fucking think that if we caught OBL, that Terrorism would fucking stop?

Also, OBL, your boy Clinton had a chance to take him out in 1998, and didn't act on it.

So honestly, piss off you prick

Hey asshole, how many people did you lose on 9/11?

Don't you dare accuse me of forgetting about it. I lived in NYC, I was in Battery park when it happened, and I lost 8 people that day.

So fuck you.

How many attacks have been on our soil you asshole since that day?

Has there been any bus bombings?
Any Subway bombings?

How many arrests have we done abroad and domestic...

Do you really fucking think that if we caught OBL, that Terrorism would fucking stop?

Also, OBL, your boy Clinton had a chance to take him out in 1998, and didn't act on it.

So honestly, piss off you prick

And stop spreading the BS that Clinton didn't act on the chance to get Bin Ladin.

Actually, you're the one with the short memory.

There were seven years between the first and second attacks on the WTC. During that time, the blind sheikh was prosecuted and convicted for his role in planning the bombing.

Bush largely ignored all of the recommendations for shoring up our security put forth by the 9-11 commission and, instead, went off and insanely pursued someone who had nothing to do with 9-11. This made us LESS safe because it allowed Iran (which IS truly dangerous) to fill the power vacuum.

BTW, before you open your mouth... I've lived in NY my whole life. Still do... and spent 2 years while I was in law school working on the 44th floor of 2WTC. This doesn't make me an expert, but neither does your living here then give you any type of greater weight to your opinion than anyone else.

And you're living in a bizarre fantasy world if you think that the man who ignored the PDB saying OBL intended to strike inside the US and fired our Farsi interpreters for being gay, did anything to prevent another attack. Instead, he helped run our economy into the ground which IS a security issue and kept making kissy face with the Saudi's WHO DID FUND THE HIJACKERS.

Yes, there was 7 years between the first and second attack of the WTC.
Who was in fucking office that whole time?

How many signs were there in those 7 years that another atatck weas coming, yet Bush comes into office for 8 months and 9/11 happens and it's his fault.

Thanks, I worked in the South Tower for 4 years, 98th floor

I mean how quickly we fucking forget that even your beloved Dems voted for the Iraqi War.

Don't give me this shit that Bush lied, It wasn't just our intel that said Saddam had WMD's it was other countries. Even Bill Clinton during his tenure said Saddam his WMD"s and had to be eliminated.

Can't blame the dems for voting to give Bush the POWER to act when he gave them false intel. Plus, if you actually read the resolution, there were a whole lot of steps Bush had to take before he could go to war. Unfortunately, he didn't do any of them.

And, if you also recall, there wasn't confirmation that OBL had anything to do with the Cole until approximately election day. If Clinton had acted, you loonies would have been screaming that he was trying to affect the election.

It's not his fault if Bush wouldn't let his people be briefed.

That said, I think even Clinton would acknowledge that there were things he'd have done in hindsight.

But, honey, your guy is and was a total and complete failure who lied us into a pretend war of choice.

Oh...and let me say it again... BUSH put FALSE intel in front of Congress. THAT IS LYING.

Cheers.

And stop spreading the BS that Clinton didn't act on the chance to get Bin Ladin.

NBC News has obtained, exclusively, extraordinary secret video, shot by the U.S. government. It illustrates an enormous opportunity the Clinton administration had to kill or capture bin Laden. Critics call it a missed opportunity.

In the fall of 2000, in Afghanistan, unmanned, unarmed spy planes called Predators flew over known al-Qaida training camps. The pictures that were transmitted live to CIA headquarters show al-Qaida terrorists firing at targets, conducting military drills and then scattering on cue through the desert.

Also, that fall, the Predator captured even more extraordinary pictures — a tall figure in flowing white robes. Many intelligence analysts believed then and now it is bin Laden.

Why does U.S. intelligence believe it was bin Laden? NBC showed the video to William Arkin, a former intelligence officer and now military analyst for NBC. “You see a tall man…. You see him surrounded by or at least protected by a group of guards.”

Bin Laden is 6 foot 5. The man in the video clearly towers over those around him and seems to be treated with great deference

Another clue: The video was shot at Tarnak Farm, the walled compound where bin Laden is known to live. The layout of the buildings in the Predator video perfectly matches secret U.S. intelligence photos and diagrams of Tarnak Farm obtained by NBC.

“It’s dynamite. It’s putting together all of the pieces, and that doesn’t happen every day.… I guess you could say we’ve done it once, and this is it,” Arkin added.

The tape proves the Clinton administration was aggressively tracking al-Qaida a year before 9/11. But that also raises one enormous question: If the U.S. government had bin Laden and the camps in its sights in real time, why was no action taken against them?

“We were not prepared to take the military action necessary,” said retired Gen. Wayne Downing, who ran counter-terror efforts for the current Bush administration and is now an NBC analyst
We should have had strike forces prepared to go in and react to this intelligence, certainly cruise missiles — either air- or sea-launched — very, very accurate, could have gone in and hit those targets,” Downing added.

Gary Schroen, a former CIA station chief in Pakistan, says the White House required the CIA to attempt to capture bin Laden alive, rather than kill him.

What impact did the wording of the orders have on the CIA’s ability to get bin Laden? “It reduced the odds from, say, a 50 percent chance down to, say, 25 percent chance that we were going to be able to get him,” said Schroen.

A Democratic member of the 9/11 commission says there was a larger issue: The Clinton administration treated bin Laden as a law enforcement problem.

Clinton admin had bin laden in their fucking sights and didn't act mostly because he was getting blow jobs in the oral office and was involved in scandal.
Osama bin Laden: missed opportunities - Nightly News with Brian Williams - MSNBC.com

Forum List

Back