What burns hotter,

um, the last time pure O2 was used in a "cabin" was when the 3 Apollo astronauts died
This is why I said NEARLY pure. That's not accurate however, but it is quite a bit richer than what is generally in the atmosphere. In the tanks however it is pure. The oxygen feeds the fire in a crash much like it does a acetylene torch.

Edit to add: The masks that drop down at impact are spewing pure oxygen as well, when the feed tubing in the fuselage ruptures it can be quite nasty mixed with burning fuel.
ah, i forgot about those tanks

:redface: nevermind
I have no idea how much pure oxygen a jumbo jet carries, but I bet it's alot and is pressurized. Perfect for having one hell of a hot fire, far hotter than what jet fuel alone could accomplish in atmosphere alone.

This is why I said NEARLY pure. That's not accurate however, but it is quite a bit richer than what is generally in the atmosphere. In the tanks however it is pure. The oxygen feeds the fire in a crash much like it does a acetylene torch.

Edit to add: The masks that drop down at impact are spewing pure oxygen as well, when the feed tubing in the fuselage ruptures it can be quite nasty mixed with burning fuel.

I have no idea how much pure oxygen a jumbo jet carries, but I bet it's alot and is pressurized. Perfect for having one hell of a hot fire, far hotter than what jet fuel alone could accomplish in atmosphere alone.
Life Support: Cylinder & Valve Assembly - Carleton Technologies Inc.

they dont say how many

050405_obit_bellow_vmed4p_widec.jpg

jet_li.jpg

Life Support: Cylinder & Valve Assembly - Carleton Technologies Inc.

they dont say how many
It's these PLUS the oxygen for the pressurized cabin, which is unknown large amount in cubic feet of pressurized, oxygen rich atmosphere. Which, when the cabin busts open from collision, no doubt bursts out into the fire like air from a balloon. No one's survived the catastrophic inferno which results, to tell us about it.

A Jumbo Jet is literally, a really big incendiary device waiting to happen.

I don't believe you can extinguish a burning match in gasoline.

A lit cigarette can usually be extinguished , but not a open flame.

Okay first what do you think that 800 foot chimney that was created in the middle of tha fire would do. You know when the freaking airplane slashed into the core and opened the elevator shafts permanently. You think that might possibly create a draft that would make a fire that would burn just a bit hotter than normal?

Good job J. you are just now beginning to get around to the information I've been providing for nearly five years now.

Okay first what do you think that 800 foot chimney that was created in the middle of tha fire would do. You know when the freaking airplane slashed into the core and opened the elevator shafts permanently. You think that might possibly create a draft that would make a fire that would burn just a bit hotter than normal?
doesn't matter

coals burn hotter than jet fuel or superthermite

just ask eots ;)

Forum List

Back