What Browser Do You Use?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
As I’ve got Windows10, Edge and Internet Explorer are there. I also primarily use Firefox with Chrome as a backup. Opera is there but seldom used. So, when I saw this article, it aroused my curiosity. How many of you have heard of:

Opera Neon

Vivaldi

Maxthon

Torch

Epic Privacy Browser

Pale Moon

Comodo Ice Dragon Ghost Browser

Midori

Avant Browser

They are all in this article with descriptions and links @ 10 alternative browsers that prove there's life after Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Internet Explorer

As I’ve got Windows10, Edge and Internet Explorer are there. I also primarily use Firefox with Chrome as a backup. Opera is there but seldom used. So, when I saw this article, it aroused my curiosity. How many of you have heard of:

Opera Neon

Vivaldi

Maxthon

Torch

Epic Privacy Browser

Pale Moon

Midori

Avant Browser

They are all in this article with descriptions and links @ 10 alternative browsers that prove there's life after Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Internet Explorer
Heard of every one of them, have tried some in the past, for my part definitely not interested but that doesn't mean they're bad or that I won't change my mind sometime down the road.

Netscape Navigator. The one and only original best of the best (well maybe not original but the best early models). Then Microsoft douche-hole came along and cheated to put Netscape out of business and leave us with IE11 or 8.5 or whatever crap they're trying to foist on the public these days.

Netscape Navigator

RealPlayer and RealTimes Official Homepage – Real.com
Real Player is still around as well. The 90s will never die!

I use Chrome and Firefox. They ain't broke AFAIC, so I don't feel the need to replace them with something else. I'm not any kind of power user or sophisticated/intensive Internet user. I don't "do" social media -- not Twitter, Facebook, not Instagram -- aside from this forum.

After reading the PC World article, I may, repeat may, try Epic or Comodo on one of my computers to determine whether I like their security features. Greater degrees of security and privacy are surely good things.

Opera Neon

Vivaldi

Maxthon

Torch

Epic Privacy Browser

Pale Moon

Midori

Avant Browser

Whatever I choose my browser to say it is.

I did find a way to kill Edge totally.

Win10 may not be as functional afterwards, but that didn't matter to me. :)

I use Chrome because it's integrated with my Google account and stored online. I have a Chromebook which I love, and I just log in to Google and there are all my bookmarks, etc.

Opera Neon

Vivaldi

Maxthon

Torch

Epic Privacy Browser

Pale Moon

Midori

Avant Browser

I have never seen much point in using alternative browsers. A lot of extension and add ons that come with other software programs don't work. Whenever I talk to a tech support person about a problem, they only want to deal with major browsers.

Forum List

Back